Login

russian armor

Cancelling an order

13 Aug 2016, 17:07 PM

Is there a micro trick to cancelling orders? If I accidentally order a machine gun to re-setup in a different direction, but they haven't begun dismantling the MG yet, is there a way to stop them from doing it? Same goes with AT guns, if they haven't picked the gun up yet, is it still possible?

Thanks.
13 Aug 2016, 17:23 PM
Donator 11

I don't know if I understand what you want correctly but every unit has a stop button in the UI. You can also use a hotkey: S in classic keys and W in gridkeys. This cancells all commands in the queue including currently executed one. Mind that if your mg started to pack up and you push that button, it will finish packing up and stand undeployed until ordered or until it sees an enemy squad.
13 Aug 2016, 20:03 PM

I believe that if you're in the process of giving an MG a new facing order and you're still holding down the right mouse button, you can cancel it by pressing 'Esc'. Need to test this. You can't cancel the MG reposition if the pack-up animation has already started though.
13 Aug 2016, 20:13 PM
Coder Red Badge

Pressing Escape will deselect whatever unit you have selected, so if you're in the middle of giving a directional move order it should cancel it. Otherwise, if you just ordered a setup and the squad is in the weird facing-to-setup-but-hasn't-begun-unpacking-yet phase, you can try spamming stop commands. I know that works in CoH1, not sure about CoH2.
13 Aug 2016, 20:59 PM

Nope, it's not possible.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 16
Germany 4
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L