Login

russian armor

Let's Test! 45mm ATG, Sd.Kfz 222, andISG performance

11 Aug 2016, 11:02 AM

You mean to tell me a clone of the German GranatWerfer 34 would break the balance more than the 115 range double mortar pit? You've got to be kidding me, you are aware that mobile mortar crews die like flies to anything that touches them, right?

Like fucking seriously ask any Wehr, Soviet or now USF player on how easy mortar crews die.

No sorry I'm not going to take you seriously on this one, I'm done.

mortars (and artillery) in general get accuracy bonus firing at sighted target. (technically it's a penalty firing into FOW).

scout units are generally fragile and specialized. Most of the time, artillery support is either barraging inaccurately into FOW or when your own troops is in a firefight.

the british get sight bonus upgrade on its line infantry and medium tank. this make it easier for british to get sight without risk of return fire or needing to get specialized unit.

British with mobile mortar can basically creep their way without coming under fire.

and I've always said that that autofire range on the mortar emplacement need a nerf. I've already suggested in the somewhat old thread I posted

11 Aug 2016, 11:54 AM

mortars (and artillery) in general get accuracy bonus firing at sighted target. (technically it's a penalty firing into FOW).

scout units are generally fragile and specialized. Most of the time, artillery support is either barraging inaccurately into FOW or when your own troops is in a firefight.

the british get sight bonus upgrade on its line infantry and medium tank. this make it easier for british to get sight without risk of return fire or needing to get specialized unit.

British with mobile mortar can basically creep their way without coming under fire.

and I've always said that that autofire range on the mortar emplacement need a nerf. I've already suggested in the somewhat old thread I posted

Wait so every time I capture a German mortar as a Brit I'm actually OP?

lmao

More often than not you'll get it to vet 2 and it will die before you can reach vet 3, I've tried that numerous times and can even prove it.

The only thing the mortar pit has it going for it is it's survivability compared to other mortars and it's range, damage wise as well but since it's 2 mortars instead of just 1 it's not really a big factor, stray mortar rounds wipe as it is, not saying how more often that happens with double mortars.
11 Aug 2016, 12:19 PM

Wait so every time I capture a German mortar as a Brit I'm actually OP?

being able to build your own is different from spoils of war.

soviet mg42 crew get a 6 men crew, but most people accept it as result of soviet winning the fight.
11 Aug 2016, 12:29 PM

being able to build your own is different from spoils of war.

soviet mg42 crew get a 6 men crew, but most people accept it as result of soviet winning the fight.

Oh gee, because capturing an enemy mortar and actually building one is going to be a huge fucking difference on it's performance, right?

-.-
11 Aug 2016, 12:58 PM

I have to agree with A. Soldier on a UKF mortar. The standard Soviet mortar is very well balanced given that no one ever complains about it so giving UKF a copy with a four-man squad is hardly going to add an OP unit. Implementing the garrisonable mortar pit I've previously suggested would then give UKF a useful emplacement that requires micro without forcing them into building it for indirect fire.

Arguing that a UKF mortar squad would be OP due to UKF's abundant scouting bonuses is to ignore that an extremely durable emplacement with a 115 auto-fire range, requiring no micro, is already a stock feature of the faction.
12 Aug 2016, 13:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2016, 12:58 PMSvanh

Arguing that a UKF mortar squad would be OP due to UKF's abundant scouting bonuses is to ignore that an extremely durable emplacement with a 115 auto-fire range, requiring no micro, is already a stock feature of the faction.

this entire discussion is because the british emplacement is a problem to begin with. Replacing the mortar emplacement with an ostheer mortar clone would introduce new problem.
12 Aug 2016, 13:41 PM

More long range anti infantry for allies. Funny how allies have so many superb long range units. AI and AT. Even though the germans were always the long range combatants if ww2.
12 Aug 2016, 14:05 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

More long range anti infantry for allies. Funny how allies have so many superb long range units. AI and AT. Even though the germans were always the long range combatants if ww2.

So you regard keeping the 45mm ATG shit as an important priority?
12 Aug 2016, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2016, 14:05 PMVuther

Honestly just struggling lately cuz allies have so much effective long range anti infantry while still also having great close and mid range ai.

I dont think turning the 45mm into a 60 range t70 gun is a good idea but i wouldnt be opposed to other buffs. Lots of units need buffs.
nee
12 Aug 2016, 17:12 PM

I agree, making M-42 powerful AI just means it's a T0 T-70 alongside HMGs and AT Guns. If it just had great AT support like stun shot or a TWP clone then it will work better.

Maybe if it had cloak and alphas strike meant it can stun or slow vehicles on hit? It could be powerful but only in mid-late game and when backed up by other units. Neither commanders that have it have heavy tank or even infantry call-ins.
13 Aug 2016, 01:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2016, 14:05 PMVuther

fixing the 45mm is pretty low priority. Yes, the 45mm is crap, but the soviet isn't really in need of a good atg or a 60 meters infantry sniper.

they already have decent mg, mortar, and atg to begin with. I can see buffing the 45mm to a decent pure atg as a boost to special rifle building. Some sort of 57mm lite.

13 Aug 2016, 02:51 AM

this entire discussion is because the british emplacement is a problem to begin with. Replacing the mortar emplacement with an ostheer mortar clone would introduce new problem.

My counter-argument was that UKF is not OP with a much more potent indirect fire unit not that the mortar pit is balanced. At this point your argument is essentially that indirect fire is and will always be incredibly OP for UKF.

Arguing that an extra 10 sight range on IS when vet 1, stationary, and in cover would make a worse version of the Soviet mortar OP is a bit much.

Please feel free to back up your argument with ingame examples:
- USF Recon Forward Observer Riflemen/Pack Howitzer combo?
- UKF Valentine/Sexton or Concentrated Barrage/vet 1 IS combo?

I think you'll find that any OP combo contains at least one unit that over-performs on its own merits.
13 Aug 2016, 03:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

fixing the 45mm is pretty low priority. Yes, the 45mm is crap, but the soviet isn't really in need of a good atg or a 60 meters infantry sniper.

they already have decent mg, mortar, and atg to begin with. I can see buffing the 45mm to a decent pure atg as a boost to special rifle building. Some sort of 57mm lite.

If someone wants to work on it, I ain't gonna yell "Fix pathfinding you joker" at them.

Though I certainly can agree having the 45mm pay in munitions for sufficient medium AT for the Soviets is a concept that is good bit more workable compared to the old 57mm for the USF.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
unknown 24
Poland 11
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %