Login

russian armor

Playing without Battlegroup HQ

8 Aug 2016, 12:08 PM

Hi mates,

I realize that most of the time, I build a Battlegroup HQ only for medics.
I do like LeIg but build them quiet rarely.
Idea would be to build Mechanized for Lucks and/or Puma (supposing I am OK with fuel) and jump later on Schwerer Panzer HQ.
Does this way to play seem OK ?
And in that case, what is the best way to replace medics ?
Sturmpionner medical supplies ?
How to use it, close to Command HQ, close to front line ?

Thanks for your advices.
8 Aug 2016, 12:11 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Hi mates,

Sturmpionner medical supplies ?
How to use it, close to Command HQ, close to front line ?

Thanks for your advices.

I think Sturmpioneer medic supplies are really viable now. Just drop them at your HQ and then your infantry can grab some healing and run back to the fight quickly. Because you aren't spending so much on shrecks for volks now you can afford to spend your munitions this way and comfortable go into mechanized tier.

If you want them even cheaper there is a bulletin which makes medical supplies cheaper that you can buy with in-game currency
8 Aug 2016, 12:23 PM

Thanks a lot Stormless :-)
8 Aug 2016, 12:23 PM

I think that it can work if you have a bit of a fuel advantage or overall superior against opponent.
I tried it against sov T1 + guard motor combo, only because I really needed to defend my cutoff (Kholodny - east spawn) but the SP med crates + volks self-heal were enough to keep winning fights. So it can work, if you can manage your muni and get upgrades and put down med crates. The choice will be always there.
8 Aug 2016, 12:50 PM

Playing without med HQ is doable but you will need top-notch preservation unit to pull off, Volks self-healing is especially important when you rush Luchs and a Puma later if needed, I found this combo is very effective against SU T1 and UKF.
12 Aug 2016, 11:19 AM

Right now, there are two ways to play OKW (In my opinion of course, and it's 2v2-based so it could be wrong to others):

1. You would want to play rather defensively with Med HQ: In this case, you basically hold on to your ground (usually important point) until you get your first true tank out. However, again, this way is very much defensive so high chances are you will be overrun late game due to the lack of putting up pressure towards your enemies. So if go this, better try out the Flak HT (Help maximise your defenses since can keep vet, not getting wiped by indirect fire like mg34) and/or rush for Panzer IV (Take advantage of your ground to start putting pressure before enemy roll their tank in or worse, a TD, which prevent you from using your armours effectively)

2. You would want to play rather offensively with Mec HQ: I rarely go Mec but I must say, go Mec can be very effective, if you can micro your early Luch well. Keep on putting pressure and you can negate enemy's map control for quite a long time, break his army organization, force him to react to your decision which is always good. However, you will have problem with your units preservation. Sure the Spio's med packs can works well, but you will have quite a rough time if the enemy somehow force your entire infantry force back to base (No FRP). If the enemy is good, he will take that chance and gain map control (Unless your teammate helps you out). So I think to go this tactic effectively, you really need to know when to retreat and when to fight. Don't send all in one place, spread them in battle groups, always have something behind to keep the enemy from advancing too far (Mines, blockades, some infantries, mg, etc.). Just don't retreat all at once!

Just some personal experience tips for you. You can do whatever you want with it.
12 Aug 2016, 17:13 PM

Thank you so much mates for your help :-)
14 Aug 2016, 14:28 PM

My problem recently with going Mech HQ is that I never seem to get enough fuel afterwards to get the Flak HQ. I start off with a Luchs but if that fails to win me the game then I'm stuck throwing all my fuel at Pumas to survive vs his medium tanks. I thought that going for the Command Panther instead would be cheaper but I can't even manage to get 225 fuel. How do people do it?
14 Aug 2016, 14:57 PM

Mech is really map dependent too, maps with lots of building like Semoisky, La Gleize really hampers Luchs' performance. Mech HQ truly shined in maps with lots of space like Crossing, Langres, Faymoville, Crossroad. Usually if I goes Mech, I expect to be agressive, hammer their fuel/cut-off relentlessly so that Allied player has to sink tons of MP into MP which will give your volks advantage in AI department. Now with buffed Volk + non-doc MG, OKW inf is pretty solid now.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 57
Poland 11

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment