Login

russian armor

Could someone watch this and tell me what i did wrong

7 Aug 2016, 16:42 PM

Could someone watch this and tell me what i did wrong and what i should have done pls ? thx u
13 Aug 2016, 20:33 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Short game but:

Try tier 2 instead of tier 1 if you really dont like MGs that much.

Maxims conscripts and mortars with a later AT gun/partisans is much more solid than a T1 opening if you're not that expierienced.

3x penals doesnt hold that much weight against a straight MG and ostruppen opening, Theyre no better than riflemen without smoke. A T2 build wouldve been 100x stronger. Or MAYBE an M3(see below)

Send your engineers to cap, send your penals to engagement areas.

Penals in the north is a waste

Switch the position of your engineer and penal in that screenshot and the engagement near the church wouldve been won by you.

But overall:

Pretty much this is why you lost. Look at the army compositions here..

You

Him

Not much you can do here as Tier 1. He out meta'd you pretty hard.
so you were kinda fucked right then and there.

Like i said before a T2 support weapo strat is much more solid against straight T0 like this. The only reason im not suggesting the M3 is because the ostheer player MIGHT go for T1 instead of rushing directly to t2 and his ostruppen(which he had 'ALOT' Of) will then have fausts. Theres a chance he wont, but if he does, well you lose that advantage.

if he rushes T2 he will have a 222 like he did. So unless you recognize that he didnt go T1 at all fast enough, you wont be able to make a fast enough m3. But usually an expierienced soviet player can tell if someone doesnt have fausts and will build a fast enough m3.

so T2 is just much SAFER vs ostruppen and ostheer in general. wait until you're more seasoned before you play around with T1, VS OSTHEER at least. Even then I stil wouldnt really recommend it.

vs OKW its a different story altogether with T1.
hope that makes sense
14 Aug 2016, 08:28 AM

thank you very much CookiezNcreem for this nice answere. those details are much appreciated.
1 tend to go penals because conscrits do not scall at all and need 50 fuels to have some uses (am i wrong? they just fell useless when gren get package). do i play them wrong ? i try to close up vs gren since forum said they are stronger then.
24 Aug 2016, 18:45 PM

Im no strategist, but I'd like to give my opinion:

Conscripts do scale pretty well when you think about what role they play mid-late game. For example, conscripts are a great unit to screen a lot of more valuable troops. AT guns, Maxims, elite infantry like Guards and Shock troops. All of these units can have a unit of conscripts in front of them to provide line of site, and to give the enemy something cheaper to shoot at. Also, all your vehicles can be very well screened by conscripts- you can essentially make a bubble around your vehicles, preventing enemy armour from rushing in because of the threat of an AT grenade. Combined with the oorah! ability, this makes conscripts a good mid game unit to have- they are not very strong, but their 6 man presence is enough to cause everything from enemy infantry to axis armour back away a bit because of the added threat they pose. Early game: they are core infantry. Mod-late game: wonderful support units

Hope that helps a bit :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment