Login

russian armor

[1vs1] USF vs Wehr Minsk Pocket

5 Aug 2016, 01:08 AM

This wasn't a good game for me...
For some reason the enemy never teched up and stick to Panzer IVs level armor, that allowed me to eventually turn it around mostly through dumb luck, I feel if they didn't rage-surrender after the "final" engagement I would have lost in the long run.
I actually want to improve my play so any advice would be highly appreciated.
5 Aug 2016, 07:49 AM

5 Aug 2016, 16:41 PM

6 Aug 2016, 11:57 AM

Sorry I cannot review it, because when I want to open coh2 it crashes. I reported it to relic bugs and they game response that is is because of unknown file in playback, I removed your replay and now the game run, im rly sorry
6 Aug 2016, 12:08 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

Sorry I cannot review it, because when I want to open coh2 it crashes. I reported it to relic bugs and they game response that is is because of unknown file in playback, I removed your replay and now the game run, im rly sorry

Strange, for me it works.

Maybe you try it again?

And sorry have no time to watch your replay atm
6 Aug 2016, 15:27 PM

It's fine guys, it wasn't a really good replay anyway, I just really don't like that map.
6 Aug 2016, 15:36 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It's fine guys, it wasn't a really good replay anyway, I just really don't like that map.

ill watch...if its 'broken' or whatever then maybe submit another one.

but keep in mind we know we're not watching tournament replays here.

the replay could be god awful. Our duty; is to watch it anyway :snfPeter:

6 Aug 2016, 16:07 PM

ill watch...if its 'broken' or whatever then maybe submit another one.

but keep in mind we know we're not watching tournament replays here.

the replay could be god awful. Our duty; is to watch it anyway :snfPeter:

Alrighty, thanks again, I should stop playing when I get "salty".
6 Aug 2016, 16:17 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

TLDR: You tunnel visioned the middle way,

way too hard

like you literally just kept running into the middle for a good 30 minutes when all he had was a bunker defending the right for the longest time. Even after you finally mortared the bunker you never sent a squad to capture the right. You never set up a flank or put any pressure on him from the right EVER. You actually NEVER decapped the far VP. USE THE WHOLE MAP! Cannot stress this enough.

But you Just stalingrad tactics into the middle and the mortar(double mortar) was giving you wipes. At the end I think it gave you at least half of your kills total. Not gonna cut it at some point.

-didnt have an AT gun 15 minutes into the game=very bad

-you relied on the mortar wayy too much for your damage dealt tbh. I know, Yes its a shitty map and arty spam is king but if you want to truly be a terror you shouldve and very easily couldve flanked around and attacked him from multiple angles.

-If you had an at gun for your push on the command p4 around 21 mins where you l;ost your first sherman you wouldve killed it for sure, instead it got away and you traded horribly, AND that sherman got abandonded and did a number on you later

-he killed his own command p4 lol but notice how the second time you went in on it, you were able to take it down/abandon it because you finally got an AT gun and had it set up for your push.

but yeah, back to flanking. When you hear the term smoke n flank its literally that easy. Buy some smoke and literally go around where his guns arent pointing, and also attack from the front all at once. If you have multiple vehicles for multiple push angles, even better

Please try to poke and prod at territory you think might be unconstested. Its actually worth it to buy a 2nd RE for some sweepers or as a zook platform and use them to back cap. Once you know its safe, send a couple rifles over there and set up a flank

here let me draw a bad picture, :snfPeter: right click on it and open in new tab to see fullsize.

Red spray paint is what shouldve been your territory. Literally uncontested. Red arrow is your artillery firing on him, and the black arrows are you vehicles and riflemen coming in from the side.

Are you afraid that he will turn his units and shoot you or something? Ill be honest with you most players outside the top 200 will not preemptively turn their team weapons when expecting flanks. This is seriously the easiest way to roflstomp an ostheer player that isnt very good with positioning. SImply come in from the side. Come from the most obtuse angle, but come with all you got. As in dont come with just one squad flanking, flank multiple ways at full power. Combine that with your mortar. And you will be going somewhere with usf and you'll frustrate even the best ostheer players. And frustrated ostheer players will tilt. And tilting ostheer players tend to lose.

Are you worried he'll 'meet' your flank?? Best case scenario; is hes forced to spread out, which for you means isolated ostheer units are easy pickings.

Also when you see the stuka cas, move evne if you think the planes dont see you. The first strafe you got what was coming to you, you were way too slow to move out of the circle.

But overall just getting double bars, a bunch of mortars and charging in is very bad, very lazy, and fits soviet play much more infact, and yes, you're very lucky you won as he threw away his armor at the end LOL that was crazy.

But yeah hopefully im not sounding too harsh, but I really want to emphasize to you that you should come from multiple angles as usf. If you're losing squads on retreat or barely doing anything then you're not coming hard enough.

(thats what she said)
6 Aug 2016, 17:52 PM

Okay thank you, I actually appreciate harshness as this was a game I could have won much easier if I actually did more than run into the meatgrinder in mid, I firmly think I only won this one because the M36 got abandoned instead of destroyed, that was more AT than he expected on his final charge with my last ditch bazookas.

I was kinda angry and thought that crushing his forces on mid would cause a surrender, I never managed to push through completely, he had too many MGs.

I'll try to use the spare Manpower for another RE with sweepers, instead of another Mortar, I am often scared of mines, lost too many Stuarts and bleed manpower to stuff like that,

I always forget to get AT Gun and depends on Bazookas too much... Bad habit of mine.

I raged hard at the Stuka returning to flip me off one last time with the Calliope kill on my freaking base, I'll be sure to remember to evacuate the circle inmediatly and stay away from it until they leave, honestly first time I see that thing!

I'll try to pair up Rifles and come from different angles from now on, using more smoke and less grenades, when do you get and use grenades yourself?
My main problem is I always get spotted, fired upon and surpressed, before I can fire the smoke grenades.
10 Aug 2016, 02:21 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I'll try to pair up Rifles and come from different angles from now on, using more smoke and less grenades, when do you get and use grenades yourself?
My main problem is I always get spotted, fired upon and surpressed, before I can fire the smoke grenades.

fire preemptively...even if you dont think theres an mg there smoke it anyway.(because there usually is SOMETHING there)

I usually buy the smoke after i get my light vehicle.
10 Aug 2016, 05:50 AM

fire preemptively...even if you dont think theres an mg there smoke it anyway.(because there usually is SOMETHING there)

I usually buy the smoke after i get my light vehicle.

I see, I'll try to avoid needless bleed and see if I can build a muni cache to spam those smokes nades then, if I get another undeserved win or a loss I feel like I threw then I'll comeback to post the replay here, thanks for the help, you can turn this thread green now <444>3
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★