Login

russian armor

Raketenwerfer is awful

4 Aug 2016, 15:13 PM

It has stupidly large aim time and unlike any other AT gun it dies from 1-2 tank shots.

It is really underperforming and deserves better imho.
4 Aug 2016, 15:32 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

It also seems to hit the ground more often with its rocket projectile vs other AT guns. In general its just OK since it can retreat and cloak but its still pretty meh for a faction that is now really struggling with AT.
4 Aug 2016, 15:48 PM

This unit needs a remake/boost, since u have to completly rely on this little thing from early to mid game and mostly u have to get 2 of those not to get devastated even against light/mid vehicles.
4 Aug 2016, 16:41 PM

1. It's T0 AT gun. Exclusive, like USF mortar.

2. It has cloak. Arguable efficience, but still - may be pretty useful.

3. Can retreat. That is serious boost to survivability.

4. It's also cheaper. 270 or 280 MP vs 320 for common AT guns. Lower price - lower efficiency.

5. One more - can camp in buildings. Questionable, but again - sometimes may be effective.

6. And I wouldn't say, that it is ONLY AT, which OKW can rely on. From my understanding of new faction design - Puphen must help you to survive until T3 with JagdPanzers, Panthers and others serious AT units. And Puphen performs well in that way. Can counter lights, mediums, for heavies - use T3. Just like USSR, for early use ZIS, later - try SU-76, if it's not enough, then get 85 and let them DIIIIIEEE (ZIS, for example, has serious problems with dealing with Panthers, saw myself how Panther reflected 5 rounds in raw from ZIS, lol).

In any case, if you want to know, what is really "shiity AT" - try M-42. You will see, that Puphen is helluva 88mm Flak.

But... if you want improvement so much, then RW should get both price increase and... maybe like MG-34 unlocking with later tier. Otherwise it would be ridiculous - AT gun, comapreable with power with other AT guns, which you can get in T0 with such discount.
4 Aug 2016, 17:00 PM

What if it did like 200 damage. That or just give it slightpy better accuracy
4 Aug 2016, 17:11 PM

The issue is the clipping of terrain. This is a serious problem for the rakenten which is so low to the ground. I actually think the unit is fine, but if we got rid of clipping it would need to go on all AT. The real issue is the hills on maps. Topography, since units ignore it, should not be in the game. It should only be in the game if units took it into account when firing.

I have no idea what your video is supposed to show.
4 Aug 2016, 17:15 PM

3. Can retreat. That is serious boost to survivability.

I've lost more Raketens due to the crew having to make a U-turn to retreat than anything else. It is especially painful with death loops. I rather have a reverse command than a retreat command.
4 Aug 2016, 17:17 PM

[...] raw from ZIS, lol). [...] Just like USSR, for early use ZIS, later - try SU-76, [...] try M-42. You will see, that Puphen [...] [...] Otherwise it would be ridiculous - AT gun, comapreable with power with other AT guns, which you can get in T0 with such discount.

Have you watched the video? I suppose not, as your rambling is completely off track of the subject that is at hand - all you wanted to do is inject some unnecessary Soviet fanboyism in the conversation. We get it, you love Soviets.

The aketenwerfer's projectile is spawned a little bit too near to the ground. It is most noticable when in cover; the cover itself causes a problem of the projectile hitting anything in its path more often as potentially intended. Thus cover makes the unit actually worse. The unit greatly suffers of the matter of clipping and requires a fix.
4 Aug 2016, 17:20 PM

OKW AT gun: 270 mp

USF AT gun: 270 mp

USF AT gun gets massive buffs and is better than OKW at gun at everything. Why? Nobody knows.

Assymetrical balance -- If it's allied, it's better
4 Aug 2016, 17:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2016, 17:20 PMDomine
OKW AT gun: 270 mp
USF AT gun gets massive buffs and is better than OKW at gun at everything. Why? Nobody knows.

USF AT: T3 - penetration of 140 150. (Not counting abilities)
OKW AT: T0 - higher penetration of 190 (Not counting abilities)

Difference of tiers. However, it's still not considerably better than the OKW AT. And most USF players would love to see the penetration values of the USF AT being increased to at least ZiS levels. There's nothing more frustrating than an AT Gun that cannot consecutively penetrate an enemy tank at T3.

4 Aug 2016, 17:27 PM

USF AT: T3 - penetartion of 140. (Not counting abilities)
OKW AT: T0 - higher penetration of 190 (Not counting abilities)

Difference of tiers. And most USF players would love to see the penetration values of the USF AT being increased to at least ZiS levels. There's nothing more frustrating than an AT Gun that cannot consecutively penetrate an enemy tank at T3.

Jp IV - No cloak (not counting abilities)
4 Aug 2016, 17:27 PM

And here I am thinking its OP fuck with the new wide ark and sick movement speed while in camo. Allies dont have a lot of abb to spot camo units eithter.

4 Aug 2016, 17:28 PM

That raketen has an insanely huge aim time compared to pak40. It didn't shoot though it was stationed farther and had larger arc that pak40.
4 Aug 2016, 17:50 PM
Donator 11

The issue is the clipping of terrain. This is a serious problem for the rakenten which is so low to the ground. I actually think the unit is fine, but if we got rid of clipping it would need to go on all AT. The real issue is the hills on maps. Topography, since units ignore it, should not be in the game. It should only be in the game if units took it into account when firing.

+1 The unit itself is ok, I would even say it's more useful than other at guns thanks to cloak. It lacks the range, but retreat makes up for it big time.

Unitl relic changes something in elevation of raketens weapon, the workaround is to place it in buildings, it has perfect accurancy from there, it even snipes snipers much more often than normal at gun - but only if it is in building.
4 Aug 2016, 17:50 PM

And it cloaks, can capture points under cloak and retreat, so.
4 Aug 2016, 17:52 PM

+1 The unit itself is ok, I would even say it's more useful than other at guns thanks to cloak. It lacks the range, but retreat makes up for it big time.

Unitl relic changes something in elevation of raketens weapon, the workaround is to place it in buildings, it has perfect accurancy from there, it even snipes snipers much more often than normal at gun - but only if it is in building.

The retreat rarely helps it survive though since most things will oneshot it anyway.

And also, the crewing buildings function is utterly useless.
4 Aug 2016, 17:58 PM

I can´t recount how many times I have been the victim of a pack of invisible rakettenwerfers hunting my tanks down.
4 Aug 2016, 17:58 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Aug 2016, 17:52 PMDomine

The retreat rarely helps it survive though since most things will oneshot it anyway.

And also, the crewing buildings function is utterly useless.

If you got flanked by AI tank then not much can help you, no matter what kind of gun you have. If you want to put your gun in extended position to support troops and it can be flanked by infantry, then it is the only gun that survives such occurence. Not to mention that cloak gives ability to place your gun behind enemy lines, if it didn't have retreat, this wouldn't be possible and the cloak ability would be close to useless. If you need an example, how often do you see zis using cloak? Yes, it has doctrinal cloak in some of the best soviet commanders. Still not many people use it since you cant really save it once enemy spots it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 39
unknown 27
Mexico 15
Germany 872

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %