Login

russian armor

Despe Learns 2 CoH

31 Aug 2016, 20:57 PM

Episode 2: This time, all the worst commander abilities!

1 Sep 2016, 07:32 AM

- well Osteer light arty barrage is fine ...
if it can wipe support weapon team in one shell ...its not call Light arty barrage Kappa
- ambush camoflage is fine ...add extra damage in a few sec when open fire ... 30 munitions is not a good idea for upgrade every squad and if we reduce its cost ... it might be OP Kappa
- another bad one ability IMO is OKW self repair from Elite Armor doctrine (too much munition cost)
1 Sep 2016, 10:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2016, 20:57 PMDespe
Episode 2: This time, all the worst commander abilities!

4 turreted flame tank variants
1 Sep 2016, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2016, 10:16 AMQvazar

4 turreted flame tank variants

Oh god! I will be sure to give an official apology and shoutout to you in a coming video :D Thanks friend!
2 Sep 2016, 10:54 AM

New Episode: Talking Ridiculous Bulletins!

2 Sep 2016, 17:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2016, 14:48 PMDespe

Oh god! I will be sure to give an official apology and shoutout to you in a coming video :D Thanks friend!

Haha værsgo :D
8 Sep 2016, 15:51 PM

rhzev winter is best winter! my fav map <444>3

Hehe, can't tell if you are joking o_O
10 Sep 2016, 19:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Sep 2016, 15:51 PMDespe

Hehe, can't tell if you are joking o_O

im not, since ive always been a graphics-whore and snow maps look beautiful. so i like this map, especially for its playstyle (at least in 3v3). guards + ml20, or elefant is just great on this map.

and since most other maps are pure trash, there are no other maps i could like so much. so rhzev winter must be my fav map :romeoHairDay:
16 Sep 2016, 16:53 PM

Todays community vodcast: Veterancy!

21 Sep 2016, 22:07 PM

We discuss game pacing!

23 Sep 2016, 08:35 AM

What is your goal with this videos? To make Relic change the game (make it a COH 1.5)?
Do you even like this game? From what i am seeing from your videos,COH2 does everything wrong!

You try to analyse the game with "human" logic and that is so wrong. This is a VIDEO GAME, not real life. Example: why do the rifle man get at Vet 1 AT grenade, did the learn how to use it now?
All, and i mean all video games are like that, nothing is as real as in real life. Why don't you die in COD or BF with one shot? Why can Lara Croft climb a 2000 meters high mountain like she was a mountain goat? How does she carry all this weapons?
I could go on and on but i wont.

Again, what is your purpose with this videos, i would love it if you could enlighten me.

P.S. I am Andy Spy from you tube but i guess you got it anyway :D
27 Sep 2016, 14:25 PM

Yeah we lost the game after this one:
27 Sep 2016, 14:54 PM

What is your goal with this videos? To make Relic change the game (make it a COH 1.5)?
Do you even like this game? From what i am seeing from your videos,COH2 does everything wrong!

You try to analyse the game with "human" logic and that is so wrong. This is a VIDEO GAME, not real life. Example: why do the rifle man get at Vet 1 AT grenade, did the learn how to use it now?
All, and i mean all video games are like that, nothing is as real as in real life. Why don't you die in COD or BF with one shot? Why can Lara Croft climb a 2000 meters high mountain like she was a mountain goat? How does she carry all this weapons?
I could go on and on but i wont.

Again, what is your purpose with this videos, i would love it if you could enlighten me.

P.S. I am Andy Spy from you tube but i guess you got it anyway :D

Us saying that we want realism/authenticity in CoH2 and you interpreting it as us bashing the game for not being real life, is completely missing the point. Obviously it's a game and not real life, but as a game designer you have to draw a line somewhere on that spectrum, deciding what your realism-to-fun ratio is going to be. Despe and I make a lot of arguments for our opinions when talking about realism/authenticity. Your argument however does us a major disservice as it removes all the nuance that we bring to the discussion. We criticize CoH2 so much because there is so much to criticize. The fact that you may not see the same faults as we do, doens't mean they are not there.

Cheers
27 Sep 2016, 15:04 PM

Us saying that we want realism/authenticity in CoH2 and you interpreting it as us bashing the game for not being real life, is completely missing the point. Obviously it's a game and not real life, but as a game designer you have to draw a line somewhere on that spectrum, deciding what your realism-to-fun ratio is going to be. Despe and I make a lot of arguments for our opinions when talking about realism/authenticity. Your argument however does us a major disservice as it removes all the nuance that we bring to the discussion. We critize CoH2 so much because there is so much to critize. The fact that you may not see the same faults as we do, doens't mean they are not there.

Cheers

First thank you for the replay but you didn't answer my question.
What is your goal making this videos?
And if it was me, if a game was so broken (as you say) i would stop playing it and not make videos about how bad it is.

P.S. The game has many flaws but you are exaggerating a lot (mildly said).
27 Sep 2016, 15:21 PM

Goals aside, people watching these videos will at least learn a thing or two about how the game works.

That's a worthy endeavor nonetheless.
27 Sep 2016, 16:17 PM

First thank you for the replay but you didn't answer my question.
And if it was me, if a game was so broken (as you say) i would stop playing it and not make videos about how bad it is.

P.S. The game has many flaws but you are exaggerating a lot (mildly said).

Right, I forgot. The reason we're making these videos is actually just to get some content out there where the design of the franchise is being discussed. Sure, there are casters that occasionally talk about the game, but no one really had a channel dedicated to discussing this topic. Whether we get a lot of views or not is not that important to us, we just don't want to 'be alone' with our opinions. That's also why we encourage people to challenge our views.

We have actually quit playing the game several times. We also tried going back to CoH1, but no one plays it in multiplayer anymore. The reason we still play CoH2 is that deep down it's still a CoH game, and despite of our criticism the game is still able to deliver that core CoH experience that it is known for.

When we exaggerate, we do so in a comedic context to emphasize our point. We do not exaggerate our actual criticisms.
27 Sep 2016, 19:34 PM

Us saying that we want realism/authenticity in CoH2 and you interpreting it as us bashing the game for not being real life, is completely missing the point. Obviously it's a game and not real life, but as a game designer you have to draw a line somewhere on that spectrum, deciding what your realism-to-fun ratio is going to be.

I do not agree with Foxhound on this - I dont think there is a spectrum with realism at one end and fun/game at the other. But we have discussed this a lot, and may do a video on it. Its an interesting discussion.

For me personally I make the videos to discuss the stuff that we love, more than to criticise it. Like if you really love your democracy, the best thing you can do is to criticise and investigate it. And I do love CoH2 also - thats why I love talking seriously about it (because the game can handle serious discussion) :D I can't speak for Foxhound, but I think my goal is to appreciate the deeper meaning with the stuff I surround myself with, and also (and maybe more importantly) contribute to the coh community in a meaningful way.

Your argument however does us a major disservice as it removes all the nuance that we bring to the discussion..

Now I don't agree with this either. Just like we are very fond of criticising CoH2, we should be able to handle criticism of ourself - I actually appreciate it, just like I hope Relic appreciate more mature discussions regarding their content.

Goals aside, people watching these videos will at least learn a thing or two about how the game works.
That's a worthy endeavor nonetheless.

That's a great point!
13 Oct 2016, 18:32 PM

This week: Bring Hero Units back!

17 Oct 2016, 16:20 PM

Another Generals Gentlemen collab:

18 Oct 2016, 09:36 AM

Comparing singleplayer and multiplayer

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias