Login

russian armor

1v1 SOVIET v WEHR

19 Jul 2016, 08:36 AM

OK, i finally decided to play as SOVIETS in 1v1 becouse BRITS are too hard or i just miss the better commanders.

The went well but always when i am good i just fear what enemy is saving resources for. Yeah Tiger.

He just dug up behind mid and waited and waited and i felt i just cant let Wehrmacht go to late game. Maybe I should just capture side VPs and dig myself too, but he had 2 mortars non-stop denying any kind of advance covered by MGs and Paks. I think the first T-34 was not good, Katuysha would be better but i was expecting him to start doing something but he just waited.

I am not using Hotkeys yet, but i cant find any way how to force myself to start using them. When I tried it vs AI I almost lost becouse i had to think about which key and i was not paying attention to the game itself.

Maybe i should just try to drop my ELO becouse when i was doing my first 10 matches as SOVIETS i crushed every opponent by spamming Cons and with most of the map build just T3 and T4 and rush T-34s to Destroy his base. Easy-peasy. I lost only like 1 match. Then it placed me to rank 7 but i cant see it anywhere anymore.

Point is that i think when i was unranked i was getting another unranked new players, but becouse i wrecked them all it placed me to 7, not sure if its good or not but i cant keep up here.
19 Jul 2016, 09:51 AM

First I get some good lunch and then I shall look at it
19 Jul 2016, 10:19 AM

OK, i finally decided to play as SOVIETS in 1v1 becouse BRITS are too hard or i just miss the better commanders.

The went well but always when i am good i just fear what enemy is saving resources for. Yeah Tiger.

He just dug up behind mid and waited and waited and i felt i just cant let Wehrmacht go to late game. Maybe I should just capture side VPs and dig myself too, but he had 2 mortars non-stop denying any kind of advance covered by MGs and Paks. I think the first T-34 was not good, Katuysha would be better but i was expecting him to start doing something but he just waited.

I am not using Hotkeys yet, but i cant find any way how to force myself to start using them. When I tried it vs AI I almost lost becouse i had to think about which key and i was not paying attention to the game itself.

Maybe i should just try to drop my ELO becouse when i was doing my first 10 matches as SOVIETS i crushed every opponent by spamming Cons and with most of the map build just T3 and T4 and rush T-34s to Destroy his base. Easy-peasy. I lost only like 1 match. Then it placed me to rank 7 but i cant see it anywhere anymore.

Point is that i think when i was unranked i was getting another unranked new players, but becouse i wrecked them all it placed me to 7, not sure if its good or not but i cant keep up here.

You dont learn if you crush your ennemy easily, you learn more from defeat than from victories, analyse your replays is always good ! i always watch my replays when i loose

Remember:
- 120 Mm mortar will totally destroy Wher mortar cause it outrange them
- If he play campy, Katyusha is better than T34 if you are not confortable with a good flank
- Try vetting a T70 and use the vision mode, its like a map hack. information is key in this game

Don't hesitate to add me on steam so i can improve your play in 1v1
19 Jul 2016, 10:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2016, 10:19 AMBlalord

You dont learn if you crush your ennemy easily, you learn more from defeat than from victories, analyse your replays is always good ! i always watch my replays when i loose

Sometimes you lose because you made some cocky mistake (eg not buying sweepers, losing squads or overextending light vehicle) and then you will learn even without mistake.

And sometimes you lose even if you was on par with your enemy, but you don´t know what was the main thing why you lost game. These games are best for watching.

19 Jul 2016, 10:28 AM

Sometimes you lose because you made some cocky mistake (eg not buying sweepers, losing squads or overextending light vehicle) and then you will learn even without mistake.

And sometimes you lose even if you was on par with your enemy, but you don´t know what was the main thing why you lost game. These games are best for watching.

So you just said that you learn more from lose than win, like i said :P
19 Jul 2016, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2016, 10:28 AMBlalord

So you just said that you learn more from lose than win, like i said :P

But you said it is always good to look at replay, but sometimes is not
19 Jul 2016, 11:18 AM

Commaders : change reverse army and guard frontline for shocks with is2 and mechanized assault, they are much better

Also if you went guard motor coordination you could win because of mark that would help giving tiger finishing blow

use enginners to cap your side and cons to attack and get key buyings not the other way

always get church first then go for VP if you see there is no mg.

place mines and demos, they wipe squads and thust win games.

dont lose so many squads, try to coordinate your troops better.

Dont lose tanks as soon as it hit field, always go first with infantry and once you see where he have at guns go with tanks, so you wont get ambushed

use important houses and always rush them, dont get those small houses what are deadtraps (look at jesulins kholodny perspektive in begginer guides)

Otherwise you was good, only thing you should done was preparing for tiger, if you went su85 you would have much better time.

Also try to have always VPS, even though you have almost whole map you was bleeding VPs thorough whole match.

Hope I helped you
19 Jul 2016, 18:43 PM

Thanks guys, helped alot.
I think more replays will come becouse i still have things to learn.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 4
Netherlands 1
Germany 828
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %