Login

russian armor

Flanking german mg42 crews - Video

20 Jul 2013, 14:23 PM

Permanently Banned
Faster de/setup+micro > arc

And yes, that is something I would say, because Im objective, realistic and intelligent.

You dont understand the difference between suppressed and pinned, do you, Marxist.
21 Jul 2013, 21:24 PM

Wouldnt it be better to have a 3 man MG crew with armour, so a decent flank with engie flamers or mollys will force a retreat by reducing squad numbers, whilst maintaining thier toughness vs direct fire? In return reducing the HP per model/armour/crew numbers of russian support weapons making rifle nades and bundles more viable? Im not sure how the mechanics work though compared to vcoh where heavier gren armour took more dmg vs flames
21 Jul 2013, 21:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2013, 14:23 PMNullist
Faster de/setup+micro > arc

More targets potentially and easily suppressed, thus pinned, while requiring less micro > faster setup/more dps

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2013, 14:23 PMNullist
And yes, that is something I would say, because Im objective, realistic and intelligent.

Keep telling yourself that.

22 Jul 2013, 07:33 AM

Permanently Banned
MG crews have only 1 armor, meaning a MG crew has the exact survival equivalent of a Maxim with 4 men.

Meaning MG has 3/4 the survival of a Maxim.
Meaning Maxim is more survivable.
Meaning all arguments that MG is too durable are utter bunk and crap.

Other asymetric elements of MG/Maxim are balanced in the following manner:
Sov faster de/setup time = Ost wider arc
Sov greater DPS = Ost faster pin

This is a stupid, redundant and misinformed thread that is refuted by facts.
22 Jul 2013, 07:42 AM
Senior Caster Badge

When someone says something like "the MG-42 is too durable" they do not mean "it is more durable than the Maxim." MG-42s are not balanced against the Maxim - they are balanced against everything in the game, simultaneously. Just because it is less survivable than a Maxim doesn't mean it's not too survivable overall. For instance, pretty much everything is less survivable than an Elefant, but this doesn't mean that no unit in the game has too much survivability.
22 Jul 2013, 07:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 07:33 AMNullist
MG crews have only 1 armor, meaning a MG crew has the exact survival equivalent of a Maxim with 4 men.

Meaning MG has 3/4 the survival of a Maxim.
Meaning Maxim is more survivable.
Meaning all arguments that MG is too durable are utter bunk and crap.

Other asymetric elements of MG/Maxim are balanced in the following manner:
Sov faster de/setup time = Ost wider arc
Sov greater DPS = Ost faster pin

This is a stupid, redundant and misinformed thread that is refuted by facts.

WTF you comparing unit to unit ? where do you see in that video maxims vs MG ?
sorry but both maxims and MG should be killed very fast if spotted unprepared... but maxims should be stronger in that matter because MG-42 is clearly designed like support tool (vide arc, heavy suppression) and maxims should be used more aggressive.
22 Jul 2013, 08:29 AM

Permanently Banned
@Tycho: In what context then is the MG too durable?

@Franko: I agree. And Maxim is more durable, faster to setup and does more immediate DPS, all of which fulfill the aggressive role you outline. What exactly is your problem then?
22 Jul 2013, 16:06 PM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 08:29 AMNullist
@Tycho: In what context then is the MG too durable?

The video posted in the OP is a good example of the MG being too durable - when it is flanked by enemy infantry.
22 Jul 2013, 16:14 PM
Donator 22

There might be room to improve the Conscript micro. But I think this is not the point.
95% of the players will not micro better than jeesuspietari did in this video. And those 95% need to be rewarded for flanking an mg.
22 Jul 2013, 16:46 PM

Permanently Banned

The video posted in the OP is a good example of the MG being too durable - when it is flanked by enemy infantry.

In the context of that example, if it had been Grens attacking a Maxim, it would have taken them 25% longer to achieve the same result.

Agreed, Machine Gun crews are too durable.

However the situation is even more dramatic on Maxims, than it is on MGs.
22 Jul 2013, 16:51 PM

if anything both mg42 AND maxim is too durable.
22 Jul 2013, 16:55 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 16:51 PMakula
if anything both mg42 AND maxim is too durable.

This.

There is a misconception that somehow this is not an issue with Maxim as well as MG.

When infact its even more an issue with Maxim, which has 25% more durability.
22 Jul 2013, 17:23 PM

To be fair when hoo-rah'ing you don't shoot on the move, and you were running around the MG quite a bit. Nevertheless it took way too long to punish the MG. Hopefully things like this can get fixed, I've got faith in the relic devs. Good luck guys.
2 of 2 Relic postsRelic 22 Jul 2013, 23:53 PM

Can you explain how to use Attack-Move to force the MG to continually face? I'm intrigued.

Attack move and select the enemy unit, it will probably try to face everything if i'm not wrong.
24 Jul 2013, 04:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2013, 16:55 PMNullist

This.

There is a misconception that somehow this is not an issue with Maxim as well as MG.

When infact its even more an issue with Maxim, which has 25% more durability.

Than I guess It's a good thing than that the German mortar does about twice the DPS over the Soviet mortar; no need to flank a maxim with a grenadier in the first place. Seriously though I'm sorta trolling you man, my point being how fun the game would be if all units had identical stats.
25 Jul 2013, 07:50 AM

Permanently Banned
I have nowhere endorsed identical stats.
25 Jul 2013, 07:55 AM
Patrion 26

Attack move and select the enemy unit, it will probably try to face everything if i'm not wrong.

You mean click the attack keybinding and then click on a particular squad?
25 Jul 2013, 18:47 PM

Had this happen to me again at a critical point in a match last night. I just couldn't keep up the dance long enough to kill off the MG crew as a P4 was trying to flank my SU-85 on the other side of the map.

Eventually got pinned and and lost my SU-85 due to my attention being diverted. The Ostheer player,on the other hand, just had to issue the attack order on my flanking Conscripts once and then was able to devote his full attention to the tank battle. How is that fair?

And yes, if it were Grens vs a Maxim, it wouldn't be right either. MG crews (on both sides) need to take more damage against small arms fire.
25 Jul 2013, 19:13 PM

I think both mgs should be given less health/armor but also do more damage. why should suppressed troops not die if you let them sit there under fire?
25 Jul 2013, 19:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2013, 19:13 PMakula
I think both mgs should be given less health/armor but also do more damage. why should suppressed troops not die if you let them sit there under fire?

Because it's about game balance, not realism. They do die eventually, and the closer they are to the pinned troops, the faster they take damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★