Login

russian armor

How to counter OKW locking down cutoff

17 Jul 2016, 17:26 PM

I'm never sure how to dislodge the OKW when they make their flak truck on an important place (i.e. cutoff on crossroads, or a fuel point). 1 MG + basic AT means assaulting the truck is extremely difficult, and when they're in such a forward position, they seem to be able to get to the rest of the map much faster than normal. Having troubles as both US and Soviets with this.

Thanks!
17 Jul 2016, 17:59 PM

What you can do is put enough pressure on his other forces that he has to leave it unprotected or lose the field, then drive a tank in and take it out. The way to put that pressure is with rocket artillery, which also happens to be good against OKW massing units around a forward hq.

On maps that are too linear for this to work like Rails & Metal, Road to Kharkov etc. your best bet is to just veto them.
17 Jul 2016, 18:00 PM

Thanks for your reply! Do you know of any good replays I could watch this happen?
17 Jul 2016, 18:09 PM

Unfortunately not, but it's really simple. Keep your tanks in fog of war so he doesn't know where you're going to attack with them. Then make an all-out attack with the rest of your army on his main forces and use your rocket artillery to blow his infantry up, works best if you have a lot of suppression so go T2 if you're playing soviets (their best opening tier by far anyway). While this is going on, send one/most/all tanks to take out the flak hq while the rest support your main attack.

You might be asking "but that sounds like I basically have to beat him anyway to take it out" and that's because it's exactly what you have to do. There is no fast and easy way to destroy a flak hq deployed to protect his rear And whether it's feasible to take it out at all depends on which tiers and commanders you chose.
18 Jul 2016, 14:38 PM

USF: Mortars / Howitzer
SOV: non doc mortar, 120 mm Mortar
UKF: mortar pit

I use indirect weapon to harass OKW T4, they risk a Sturmpioneer dying in one shot ( Repairing a building / vehicule make you take 100% more damage ) if they keep repairing during mortar shells.

If you have a unit providing vision for your AT gun, it can help
aaa
18 Jul 2016, 14:46 PM

imo if they place their shit in pos covering map center its better to alt-f4.
Sov mortars are trash. Its 100% known. Dont use them vs anything.
18 Jul 2016, 14:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2016, 14:46 PMaaa

If they do so, they expose T4 to every side, thats risky, and way easier to kill :)
aaa
20 Jul 2016, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2016, 14:47 PMBlalord

If they do so, they expose T4 to every side, thats risky, and way easier to kill :)

its always hard to kill

I'm never sure how to dislodge the OKW when they make their flak truck on an important place (i.e. cutoff on crossroads, or a fuel point). 1 MG + basic AT means assaulting the truck is extremely difficult, and when they're in such a forward position, they seem to be able to get to the rest of the map much faster than normal. Having troubles as both US and Soviets with this.

Thanks!

as for sov. I think
1. just dont play them since they are not noob frendly. Only brits are worse.
2. you need to buy docs at least 2 this patch. Industry and partisans.
3. if you play vs not a new player you must outplay him in many ways in several stages. Just 2 examples
3.1 OKW can get 2 luchs before 1 t70
3.2 KT can kill IS2 like its a medium.
3.3 heavies are basicaly not limited. KT + com pant + panther is ok.

Maybe am wrong in smth but by outplay i mean win decisively engagements when you have big disadvantage
20 Jul 2016, 08:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 00:43 AMaaa

as for sov. I think
1. just dont play them since they are not noob frendly. Only brits are worse.
2. you need to buy docs at least 2 this patch. Industry and partisans.
3. if you play vs not a new player you must outplay him in many ways in several stages. Just 2 examples
3.1 OKW can get 2 luchs before 1 t70
3.2 KT can kill IS2 like its a medium.
3.3 heavies are basicaly not limited. KT + com pant + panther is ok.

Maybe am wrong in smth but by outplay i mean win decisively engagements when you have big disadvantage

luchs = 65(luchs) + 50(mechanized) + 15(truck) -10 fuel (starting if I remeber right value) = 120 fuel

t70 = 70(t70) + 80(t3) + 15(t2) - 15(starting fuel) = 150

So in reality if both players had half map t70 will come 2 mins after luchs and hardcounter him in 1v1 fight.

Brits are right now one of hardest factions in 1v1 gamemode. You make 1 mistake and youre done

KT cost 280 fuel and need full teching menawhile is2 cost 230 and if you manage to stall him with cons it could come without any building. So I think it is fine he beats it in 1v1 fight. Try to support it with su85 or AT gun, OKW lost shrecks and only have shor range raketten

if okw player manage to build all buildings and then also get tanks for 280 + 225 + 200 = 705 fuel then you did something horribly wrong.
aaa
20 Jul 2016, 12:36 PM

luchs minimum 130
t70 minimum 175 (20 85 70)plus you must get at nades vs luchs and kubel.
So realisticaly 200 fuel. 2 luchs = 1 t70. (if starting 10/15 idk about that)

Once i tried only zis and no nades. But you just get into disadvantages position since the have at nades and you dont.

t70 = 70(t70) + 80(t3) + 15(t2) - 15(starting fuel) = 150

20 Jul 2016, 13:36 PM

as soviets there is no reason to use something else than Guard Motor against both OKW and Ostheer. Get a 120mm mortar. Its simply the best and cheesiest weapon against OKW trucks. Use Attack ground on the truck, 120mm will safely shoot forever through half of the map and eventually will take down the truck or repairing pios. If its a battlegroup HQ with retreat point then its even better, just attack ground the spot to where enemy units retreat and collect free kills. Enemy will have to retreat all the way back to the base or lose a lot of squads.

or just 2 standard mortars as both Soviets and USF. Just keep them around and use attack ground on the truck. They will take it down even quicker, but need to stay pretty close, so you need to protect them.

aaa
20 Jul 2016, 13:56 PM

vs players who know how to abuse guard motor is bad
20 Jul 2016, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2016, 14:46 PMaaa
Sov mortars are trash. Its 100% known. Dont use them vs anything.

you can still use smoke with them. Do not underestimate smokes.
20 Jul 2016, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 12:36 PMaaa
luchs minimum 130
t70 minimum 175 (20 85 70)plus you must get at nades vs luchs and kubel.
So realisticaly 200 fuel. 2 luchs = 1 t70. (if starting 10/15 idk about that)

Once i tried only zis and no nades. But you just get into disadvantages position since the have at nades and you dont.

First you don´t need AT nades to counter kubel, it dies to sneezing. And luchs can be countered by mines and simply good positioning too (brits say hi)

And you don´t pay 20 fuel because its the same amound you start with. Its like saying you need 50 more dollars to buy coffee that cost 50 dollars even if you have 20 dollars in your pocket

And if we want to also count side upgrades you should also get there price for truck + batllegruppe + medics because okw cannot win without medics too. They are in disatvantage if they dont get medics too (payin 35 munny for spio boxes is expensive and hurt your capability to fire faust and place mines)

And if this is not enaught them rember you rush unit first and then you buy upgrades, I never saw top players getting medics first and then luchs or getting nades first and then t70 (only against 222s because you would otherwise lack counter)

So pls know your shit ok ?
aaa
20 Jul 2016, 18:23 PM

demagogy healing isnt related to it.
OKW has all nades when luchs arrive. Why shouldnt i have at nades at least?
I didnt count starting res. How much fuel okw has initialy? (existence of this question is so retarded thanks to lelic. It must be same starting res for all)

They dont have disadvantage in heal/reinforce too. They have numerous advanyages and no significant disadvantages.

20 Jul 2016, 18:29 PM

Another, but extremely tricky and hard to pull-off thing is well timed smoke covering someone who places a democharge and then shoot that demo-charge (do not detonate by the button)- it will one-shoot the truck. Soviet engiees can heroicly stand right on it to make it shoot itself
All credit for this goes to Cruzzi
aaa
20 Jul 2016, 22:29 PM

And luchs can be countered by mines and simply good positioning too (brits say hi)

mine is not a unit okw has mines too. So in fact 2 luchs can easily arrive before 1 t70 if players are equal.
Ok 10 fuel diff at the start = 60 fuel diff. But lighs themselves have a such a huge impact at this stage that you must add a lot of fuel that luchs or oh lights can deny.

So minimum 2 luchs before 1 t 70 with equal teching and upgrades thats a fact. Thats basicaly equal units. Lelic thank so much
21 Jul 2016, 10:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2016, 22:29 PMaaa

mine is not a unit okw has mines too. So in fact 2 luchs can easily arrive before 1 t70 if players are equal.
Ok 10 fuel diff at the start = 60 fuel diff. But lighs themselves have a such a huge impact at this stage that you must add a lot of fuel that luchs or oh lights can deny.

So minimum 2 luchs before 1 t 70 with equal teching and upgrades thats a fact. Thats basicaly equal units. Lelic thank so much
§

But then WHY top players don´t abuse OpieOP OKW ?
28 Jul 2016, 19:18 PM

As soviets, make a zis gun and tell it to attack ground into the fog of war where the panzer hq is located. The Zis gun has more range than the flak cannon, and you can switch to using the HE round barrage when he starts repairing with his sturmpioneers. Just make sure you have maxims or something in the area to fight off your opponent's inevitable counterattack.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★