Login

russian armor

Red army strategy

17 Jul 2016, 10:15 AM

Mainly what i try to do is get 1 con. , 1-2 maxims, 1 mortar thn 1-2 zis.
After tht i try to get 1-2 guards thn t34/85, su-85 and or katushya

This pretty much works but i'd be interested to hear more opinions.

thx,
:) come on lets go
18 Jul 2016, 01:12 AM

Maxim spam isn't really viable anymore thanks to the nerfs, going for 3 cons as an opener seems to be the best

Later on depending on the commander making some Su-85s or heavy tanks tends to work the best

Personally my favourite build currently is: 3 cons (with ppsh) -> Mortar -> 2 Guards -> AT gun if needed -> T70 if needed -> 2 Su85 -> ML20 howitzer.
Generally a fun tactic to play with but cery hard to pull of succesfully, takes a lot of practice. I've been using this tactic for almost a year now and it has never lost its potential
19 Jul 2016, 07:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2016, 01:12 AMPlaguer
Maxim spam isn't really viable anymore thanks to the nerfs, going for 3 cons as an opener seems to be the best

Later on depending on the commander making some Su-85s or heavy tanks tends to work the best

Personally my favourite build currently is: 3 cons (with ppsh) -> Mortar -> 2 Guards -> AT gun if needed -> T70 if needed -> 2 Su85 -> ML20 howitzer.
Generally a fun tactic to play with but cery hard to pull of succesfully, takes a lot of practice. I've been using this tactic for almost a year now and it has never lost its potential

ok ok thx very much
what u do is very interesting
19 Jul 2016, 07:23 AM

But i think i will just add a couple of the things to my buildout
19 Jul 2016, 07:24 AM

All of it sounds quite tough
19 Jul 2016, 08:01 AM

Righ now russians have many options you can go with.

I will only talk about early game options, not light vehicle and tank options because that would be one great wall of text

With t1

1 conscript , 2 penals, 1 conscript , AT grenades and 1-2 guards is really good build if you want to infntry heavy or you want to rush t34, if you want go t70 then only 1 guard i think

Rather good build when you don´t want to rush t70 ASAP and maybe want to counterbuild enemy

1 conscript sniper 2 conscripts and guards is also really good build against ostheer if you can defeat 222 before it kills sniper (that means at greandes are mandatory) or hold okw luchs before your t70 comes.

This build gives you good bleeding tool but you sacrifice some map early game

Also you can go 3 cons with fast flamer car into maybe t2 and AT gun or once again 2 guards (AT grenades, dont forget them)

Really good agressive build that can create lot of pressure but you need to keep in mind enemy vehicles. Also flamer car almost negates mg play until it get incing rounds

Then there is basic 4 conscript build into 1 guard or shock and fast t70

Good against everything, typical russian build

then you can go 3 conscrips 1 engineer and maxim into some elite infantry or fast t70

Good build if you need some supression because enemy is blobing, I think it is better than 4 cons.

Maxim spam - not good because of oshteer 222 and OKW luchs in current state. Only works when you combine it with at least 2 cons and AT gun or guards.

Mortar is always good, you can have it with t1(donctrinal one comes with guards) or t2 (from building) but it is rather counterbuild unit because its purpose is to counter static players and OKW forward HQs

Later you can rush t70 or go quad with at gun (or with suchka) or rush t34/76 and then spam t34/85 and su85, but I think t70 gives you all pressure you need and if you transit into t34/76 and t34/85 (or is2) you can win game rather easily if you don´t screw up.

Hope I helped you

Hector
19 Jul 2016, 09:30 AM

1.Starting squad - Engineers
2.Cons
3.Maxim
4.Maxim
5.Cons
6.Medics(If opponent camps in buildings or I have problems with mg42, I build 82mm mortar instead of medics and get medic later)
7.Guards
8.Zis-3
9.T-70
10.AT grenades
11.Medics(or if I already bought medics then I get 120mm mortar, its very good)
12.Guards

12.T-34/85
13.T-34/85

this is my usual army composition as Soviets
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L