Login

russian armor

Desync tool (aka Cheating?)

16 Jul 2016, 19:04 PM

So there was me and my partner winning the game, about 15 VPs to win, and the opponent rages about we being cheaters. Suddenly, me and my friend got a "sync error" message ingame, defeat screen. Game crashes afterwards.

Anyone heard of such a Desync Tool?

Thx in advance guys.

Edit - rep at https://www.coh2.org/replay/54884/desync-error-cheat-or-bug
16 Jul 2016, 19:09 PM
17 Jul 2016, 06:36 AM
Patrion 14

think it is possible. can be intentional.

17 Jul 2016, 06:39 AM

Had the same happen to me. Guy started raging about nazi tanks being op, then he said "oh well gg wp, but there is only one thing left I can do". Moments later I had a sync error and lost. I was winning with Ostheer too vs USF blobs...
17 Jul 2016, 08:04 AM

I personally suspect they exist. Desyncs probably aren't hard considering there was a recent bug where just exiting the match normally caused the whole thing to desync. I'm pretty sure that one got fixed.

That said, trust ratings come into effect in the event of a sync error, so check your actual leaderboard stats a few minutes later and you'll probably find that you got the win anyway, even if the game said you lost. The kinds of people who would cause a sync error (if possible) would quickly have more of them than the average person and never get the win due to a trashed trust rating.
17 Jul 2016, 13:47 PM

I desynced about 10 times in the last few days and I don't believe it's the enemy since I was playing with AI just to test it out lol. Could be my teammates tho, not sure.

What was it caused by again, uhhh your router getting disconnected or something? It's been a while since I have had such a problem, since my CoH days to be exact. Haven't met the problem again on a scale so big since then.
17 Jul 2016, 15:05 PM

I desynced about 10 times in the last few days and I don't believe it's the enemy since I was playing with AI just to test it out lol. Could be my teammates tho, not sure.

What was it caused by again, uhhh your router getting disconnected or something? It's been a while since I have had such a problem, since my CoH days to be exact. Haven't met the problem again on a scale so big since then.

Problem is one of our opponents have said about "desync incoming" before desync happaned.
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2016, 08:04 AMCyanara

That said, trust ratings come into effect in the event of a sync error, so check your actual leaderboard stats a few minutes later and you'll probably find that you got the win anyway, even if the game said you lost. The kinds of people who would cause a sync error (if possible) would quickly have more of them than the average person and never get the win due to a trashed trust rating.

You right! I just checked this on leaderboard. We got win regardless game said we lost.
17 Jul 2016, 16:14 PM
Donator 11

You shouldn't put any names in the thread if you have word 'cheating' anywhere in the thread title or opening post. This is against coh2.org rules and you can get banned for it.

Cyanara is right though, cousing a desync is pretty easy, trivial one could say, but gaining a win from it is the whole new story. I don't think its possible to advance in the ladders by desyncing opponents you can't beat.
17 Jul 2016, 16:38 PM

You shouldn't put any names in the thread if you have word 'cheating' anywhere in the thread title or opening post. This is against coh2.org rules and you can get banned for it.

Cyanara is right though, cousing a desync is pretty easy, trivial one could say, but gaining a win from it is the whole new story. I don't think its possible to advance in the ladders by desyncing opponents you can't beat.

I'm not really interested in desyncing anybody but can you confirm that's caused by disconnecting your router or something like in CoH?

I'm asking because 2 out of those around 10 games were with my friends and I don't believe any of them is assholish enough to do such a thing. Surprisingly I also only twice got lookt points out of those matches, the rest were 0.
17 Jul 2016, 17:17 PM
Donator 11

I'm not really interested in desyncing anybody but can you confirm that's caused by disconnecting your router or something like in CoH?

I'm asking because 2 out of those around 10 games were with my friends and I don't believe any of them is assholish enough to do such a thing. Surprisingly I also only twice got lookt points out of those matches, the rest were 0.

I didn't mean physically breaking the connection. I haven't tested it and if the net code is done correctly it should always couse simple disconnect instead of desync, but as there were problems with it in coh1, it is possible they screw it up again.

As I said before my idea on how to desync is different but I'm not going to tell anybody how to do it just becouse I don't like such practices. That's why I'm also not going to do it myself.
17 Jul 2016, 18:56 PM

I didn't mean physically breaking the connection. I haven't tested it and if the net code is done correctly it should always couse simple disconnect instead of desync, but as there were problems with it in coh1, it is possible they screw it up again.

As I said before my idea on how to desync is different but I'm not going to tell anybody how to do it just becouse I don't like such practices. That's why I'm also not going to do it myself.

Dude it's not about you or me trying it it's about knowing how they're doing it so we can get to the bottom of this, we'll find out sooner or later anyway, I just hope Relic find it first and fix it.
Vaz
17 Jul 2016, 23:21 PM

I'm sure a small program can be easily written to alter the replay file during a game, which should cause a desync if the battle server accepts it.
18 Jul 2016, 00:06 AM

Dude it's not about you or me trying it it's about knowing how they're doing it so we can get to the bottom of this, we'll find out sooner or later anyway, I just hope Relic find it first and fix it.

It's probably not something worth fixing. There are likely too many ways to cause it. And as mentioned, the trust ratings will give you the win anyway, so don't sweat it.
18 Jul 2016, 00:16 AM

Cyanara you must have the easiest job in the world Kappa
18 Jul 2016, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2016, 00:06 AMCyanara

It's probably not something worth fixing. There are likely too many ways to cause it. And as mentioned, the trust ratings will give you the win anyway, so don't sweat it.

It's about ruining my fun and being annoying, I don't play competitive anyway.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★