Login

russian armor

No option to build a King Tiger

9 Jul 2016, 21:47 PM

Hi,

I've bought COH2 recently and I can't build a King tiger when playing with OKW as I don't have the option to do so.

I convert the three trucks for OKW (Medic,Mechanical and Schwerpanzer) but I can't find the option to build a King tiger on my head quarters. Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks a lot

9 Jul 2016, 21:57 PM

its next to the commander abilities, it pops up, but, I shouldn't know that as I don't play as them.
9 Jul 2016, 21:59 PM

Build all three trucks and choose a commander. It'll appear as a sort of 6th ability, a little like the PE Panther call-in in Coh1 (if you've played it)
9 Jul 2016, 22:40 PM
Patrion 310

You have to pick a commander to have the option (with all 3 trucks built at least once)
10 Jul 2016, 00:41 AM

You have to pick a commander to have the option (with all 3 trucks built at least once)

Wait so you don't have access to the KT if you don't pick a doctrine? Are you sure? Didn't think it was doctrine related.
10 Jul 2016, 00:45 AM

You do not need a specific doc to build a king tiger, but you must pick a doc to get the option to pop up. You must also have converted all three trucks at some point, though they need not be alive.
10 Jul 2016, 02:33 AM

Thanks everyone for your responses.
Is there a certain level (on the commander abilities) that I need to reach for the king tiger to appear?
And by level I mean that number inside the circle that keeps increasing as I get more kills during battle.
Thanks a lot
nee
10 Jul 2016, 03:10 AM

No, you just need to pick a commander; until then no ability buttons appear.
Commander abilities have Command Points (or CPs) to unlock, which is gained by doing stuff in the match like fighting or building structures. King Tigers, as well as some abilities, cost zero CP to unlock and would be available immediate.

Just note that by the time you even get to three deployed trucks, 230 fuel and the 700+manpower to call in the King Tiger, you've probably already picked a commander anyways, so this is very rarely an issue.

There was once a time where getting King Tiger was building it at the HQ structure like any other unit, but they've since changed it to a call-in ability.
10 Jul 2016, 10:07 AM

Thanks a lot Nee for your clarification.
Much appreciated.
I will try again and get back to you m if I have any problems.
This is a great forum for a beautiful game :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 9
New Zealand 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment