Login

russian armor

t-34/85

9 Jul 2016, 21:24 PM

guys i just dont understand why no one use t34/85 every time i play im litteraly the only one who use it
right now it got soo much (indirect) buff , is the perfect medium tank:
the mg is really good now (near dps with both is 25 ,far is 13)
800 hp
140 mid pen means you can pen any rear armor now
160 front armor so only td can easy pen it
has really good cd (6 sec)
come with one of the best dock in the game (motor wich is free)
cost 130 fuel only 5 more than p4
can someone explain me why is not used very much ?
9 Jul 2016, 21:32 PM

If I had to guess, I'd say in team games Russian players support the medium tanks of USF or British players with SU85s or save up for ISU152. Cromwells and Comets are so good, and so is the SU85.

In 1v1 I'd say most people just pick different docs. From what I've seen the Sherman doc is really popular since you get a medium tank without teching T4, and huge fuel income from drops to spam shermans.

Also, you're not alone. I know that VonAsten for sure goes T34/85s against OKW every game. :D
9 Jul 2016, 21:32 PM

How is it an indirect buff?

The mg in the T34 wasn't working, what is it you don't get? It's not even a buff.
9 Jul 2016, 21:36 PM

How is it an indirect buff?

The mg in the T34 wasn't working, what is it you don't get? It's not even a buff.

They got damage buff.
9 Jul 2016, 21:37 PM

guys i just dont understand why no one use t34/85 every time i play im litteraly the only one who use it
right now it got soo much (indirect) buff , is the perfect medium tank:
the mg is really good now (near dps with both is 25 ,far is 13)
800 hp
140 mid pen means you can pen any rear armor now
160 front armor so only td can easy pen it
has really good cd (6 sec)
come with one of the best dock in the game (motor wich is free)
cost 130 fuel only 5 more than p4
can someone explain me why is not used very much ?

I rather spam t34-76s with marked vehicle. They are very decent when you have like 4-5 of them in a 2v2 and 3 in a 1v1.
9 Jul 2016, 21:38 PM

0,5 moving accuracy + snares = can't flank = just buy tank destroyers and artillery or IS-2 and SU-76 combo instead

They also take 14 pop while 76s take 10, and 50 more fuel. The first is significant in long games, the second for their timings contra 76s and makes them a riskier purchase because they're not made to be durable. And they're good in basically the same scenarios anyway. Yeah an 85 is individually better against tanks, but you can have 3 76s for every 2 85s which evens those odds while taking more hp to destroy and spreading out your resource investment.
9 Jul 2016, 21:42 PM

They got damage buff.

In theory what they did is increase the dmg buff, but not completely.
What they did is a fix a bug that made the T34 not shoot its mg.

Even if it was a buff, it was only due, because the T34 was phenomenally bad against infantry.
Not even going to talk about its pen accuracy.
9 Jul 2016, 22:42 PM

Even if it was a buff, it was only due, because the T34 was phenomenally bad against infantry.
Not even going to talk about its pen accuracy.

It is a very good tank now, most certainly for its current price. I would say it is a little too cheap. But I spam the shit out of them nonetheless muhahaha
10 Jul 2016, 04:18 AM

I can say, why it is not used much - because it is doctrinal. For same reason, Panzers 4 were not used much by people, who played as OKW, when they were doctrinal too.

I agree, that T-34-85 is good and decent tank, which would perform well as main medium tank of USSR in stock in T4. But... in stock we have expendable tincans, calle T-34-76, and worthy 85 - in few doctrines.

My opinion - T-34-85 should be stock, in T4 for same price and T-34-76 should be either doctrinal cheap analog (like M36 and M10), or removed at all and changed to something more powerful.
10 Jul 2016, 04:31 AM
Developer Relic Badge

False. The T-34 MGs, for both tanks, always worked and you could see the tracers. The only thing missing were the visual and sfx cues so you would have models drop despite there being no pew pews.

As for the 85, if you're going Guard/Penal, it is very potent. It is more than capable of dueling with all mediums, hitting infantry hard, surviving with its 800hp, and the mose meta of the doctrines as Mark Vehicle so you can kill other vehicles with one less shot in most cases.
10 Jul 2016, 05:22 AM

Maybe because Soviets have to spend a shitton of fuel on tiers and useless things like AT nades (I swear to god, last time I played sovs I threw 3 at nades at a 222 and the fucker still got away).

Soviet teching is so retarded, I can't even...
10 Jul 2016, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2016, 05:22 AMzerocoh
Maybe because Soviets have to spend a shitton of fuel on tiers and useless things like AT nades (I swear to god, last time I played sovs I threw 3 at nades at a 222 and the fucker still got away).

Soviet teching is so retarded, I can't even...

I think the 222 has 360 HP and the AT grenade does 100 damage.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★