Login

russian armor

Maxim HMG - Unreasonably overnerfed

10 Jul 2016, 13:21 PM

But not anymore by firing squads. Its not like ostheer that loses 3 mg42 models to one USF mortar hit and then lose the mg to small arms fire.

Same thing with vickers, it's not like Ost is alone about it.
10 Jul 2016, 13:23 PM

Same thing with vickers, it's not like Ost is alone about it.

Yeah but UKF doesn't fight the most accurate laser guided and fast firing mortar in the game. UKF also doesn't have to fight mortar pit that can quite often insta wipe mg teams.
10 Jul 2016, 13:24 PM

Yeah but UKF doesn't fight the most accurate laser guided and fast firing mortar in the game. UKF also doesn't have to fight mortar pit that can quite often insta wipe mg teams.

You know, ostheer's mortar direct hits really often causing death of 3 or 4 models in Maxim squad... And Ostheer mortar can be very accurate too.

It's all about random.
10 Jul 2016, 14:17 PM

You know, ostheer's mortar direct hits really often causing death of 3 or 4 models in Maxim squad... And Ostheer mortar can be very accurate too.

It's all about random.

Well at least you still have 3-4 guys left by then. I assume you haven't played against a USF mortar?
10 Jul 2016, 14:29 PM

Well at least you still have 3-4 guys left by then. I assume you haven't played against a USF mortar?

Played, and a lot. Didn't find much differences with other mortars. It insta-wipes, do it often, but it's ain't rare for other mortars. For example, I played right now and Ostheer mortar insta wiped my soviet mortrar, by insta killing 5 men... Does it mean, that ostheer mortar is OP as hell and needs to be nerf? Not sure.

And when I played against USF mortar it wasn't big problem for me to counter it. Specially with LeIGs.
10 Jul 2016, 14:38 PM

Played, and a lot. Didn't find much differences with other mortars. It insta-wipes, do it often, but it's ain't rare for other mortars. For example, I played right now and Ostheer mortar insta wiped my soviet mortrar, by insta killing 5 men... Does it mean, that ostheer mortar is OP as hell and needs to be nerf? Not sure.

And when I played against USF mortar it wasn't big problem for me to counter it. Specially with LeIGs.

Haha the bias is strong in you friend.
10 Jul 2016, 14:45 PM

Haha the bias is strong in you friend.

What bias? I only wanted to say, that all mortars in game may be so "unfairly deadly". All - soviet, USF, Ostheer...

Of course, USF mortar has bigger accuracy (or how it calls for indirects). But - it costs more, it has no vet abilities, like flareshot (cheap and effective recon) or counterbattery (cheap and effective way to make your mortar suck).

In general, I think, that USF mortar is fine. Again, I played against it as OKW, I had no problems with that, but I guess mostly because of LeIGs, which have better range so can counter that without risks.

And again - I still belive, that in T0 USF should have not mortars, but snipers. It would really solve a lot of problems, like "If I have in stock pretty effective mortar - what for I need doctrinal one with poor range, poor accuracy and for 40 fuel?".

Anyway, It's all offtop, so - we can discuss that in another thread. Or in PM of steam, if you want.
10 Jul 2016, 15:01 PM

Agree with you Miss
every mortar/howi in game can wipe infantry squad mostly in cover (small cover = models crease together).
I curse many times Ostheer mortar, or soviet one. And Ostheer mortar can be very accurate, but this one does not realize, one side players.
10 Jul 2016, 15:24 PM

Misscommissar is katitofs girlfriend on cob2.org. blinded by favoritism and bias yet never admits it

1. Maximum is fine. Yea it has 6 squad members, doesn't mean to start retreating when your down to 2. Doesn't work that way

2. A good player usually can tell when a nade is gonna be thrown. It's all about skill and instinct you have in the game

3. Maximum is still great. It's A SUPPORT WEAPON so use it as such. You can still use it as a mainline but it's not as effectiE before but it is STILL very effective.

4. Revoke misscommissar threat making previlages. It's annoying now.
10 Jul 2016, 15:30 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Misscommissar is katitofs girlfriend on cob2.org. blinded by favoritism and bias yet never admits it

That's pretty rich coming from you.

This thread is an abortion, nobody agrees with Misscommissar, so why are you guys still posting?
10 Jul 2016, 15:35 PM

1. Maximum is fine. Yea it has 6 squad members, doesn't mean to start retreating when your down to 2. Doesn't work that way

2. A good player usually can tell when a nade is gonna be thrown. It's all about skill and instinct you have in the game

3. Maximum is still great. It's A SUPPORT WEAPON so use it as such. You can still use it as a mainline but it's not as effectiE before but it is STILL very effective.

4. Revoke misscommissar threat making previlages. It's annoying now.

I write about problems, which I see as really important (and that for me is entire soviet faction and some units of their) - Im biased, favoritism everywhere...

Seriously, if I would feel, that OKW is same bad as USSR now, or Ostheer or whoever else - I would be same "biased", but to another faction. I really see a lot of problems, I trying to write about them, explain them with argumnets. Not because I like SU, but because I see problems in them! And becuase here are a lot of people, who can write about axis problems instead of me, see no needance to copy their posts.

About your points:

1. Maximum is not fine. When you have less than 3 men in squad - you have to retreat or reinforce somehow. Otherwise - it will die on retreat with very high chanses.

2. Grenades are not problem at all. Times of "nuke-rifle grenades" are gone, and flamenade of OKW is not that dangerous, if target is not in building.

3. So, that's what I asking for. Make it really support weapon, like MG-42, Vikkers or other HMGs, which are support deffensive weapons, as HMG should be. Maxim (how people described me) is offensive HMG, which can also be used as standalone combat unit. That design sux, whenever you trying to use Maxims as defensive HMG - you have to suck or mirco it as hell, cos of small arc of fire. Maxim should have wide arc of fire, good AoE supression, long setup time and 4 men squad. That's how real support teams look and work, not like Maxim.

4. Yea, let's go on personalities again. Cos we have no other reasonable arguments about thread topic - we will say, that MissCommissar is bad = all her ideas are bad automaticly. That's not how it works, bro.
10 Jul 2016, 15:50 PM

Maxim spam is still quite decent and irritating.
10 Jul 2016, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jul 2016, 15:30 PMTobis

That's pretty rich coming from you.

This thread is an abortion, nobody agrees with Misscommissar, so why are you guys still posting?

I dont get why they keep on Feeding him in every Single thread
10 Jul 2016, 17:30 PM
Donator 11

Reverse maxim changes to prepatch with a limit of 2 per player
10 Jul 2016, 18:25 PM

Reverse maxim changes to prepatch with a limit of 2 per player

Lol
10 Jul 2016, 20:13 PM

Try retreating sooner.... problem solved...

Meanwhile on the other side:

10 Jul 2016, 22:01 PM

1. Maximum is not fine. When you have less than 3 men in squad - you have to retreat or reinforce somehow. Otherwise - it will die on retreat with very high chanses.

4. Yea, let's go on personalities again. Cos we have no other reasonable arguments about thread topic - we will say, that MissCommissar is bad = all her ideas are bad automaticly. That's not how it works, bro.

Whole thread is about how Maxim is fine, with people posting quantified values and numbers from the in-game mechanics that demonstrate how fine it is. Top player says it's fine. MissCommissar comes and ingores it all, and thrashes any comment that she disagrees with, continues to denote that Maxim needs buff. No wonder that people keep on saying that your arguments and discussions are bad. They are bad, and you keep blindly ignoring any input whilst still not trying to admit that you're a complete utter soviet fanlady..
10 Jul 2016, 22:12 PM

Can someone kill this thread please, literally nothing is being accomplished here.
10 Jul 2016, 22:25 PM

Can someone kill this thread please, literally nothing is being accomplished here.

Your avatar is obsolete with latest balance patch :)
11 Jul 2016, 00:25 AM
Donator 11

Actually maxim gets stuck often and with the new setup time its the worst hmg in coh2, firing arc is just a joke, it does not work
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★