Login

russian armor

Replace Stuart light tank with M24 Chaffee

Should the Stuart be removed for the M24 Chaffee?
Option Distribution Votes
20%
80%
Should the M10 Wolverine be replaced with the M18 Hellcat
Option Distribution Votes
37%
63%
Total votes: 70
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
6 Jul 2016, 21:06 PM

As cool as the stuart is, it comes out so late for so much fuel and has an anti infantry 37mm but abilities that provide as AT. Though it comes out around the same time as a puma and is infinitely outclassed in almost every way.

Honestly I feel USF could use a rework much like OKW did.

For example teching to t2 is extremely expensive and only yields anti infantry redundancies. And with the new mortar the Pak seems like a sham. Why not replace Lieutenant and Captain with actual units to help replace the rifleman only strat. For example, the lieutenant becomes the mortar crew, the m20 is replaced with the wc51 and the tech cost is reduced for that tier. Replace the AA halftrack with the AT gun from t3. Replace the captain with cavalry rifleman so there is somewhat of an elite unit to really go into late game not locked behind a commander. As rifleman can easily be outclassed by 240mp grenadiers and require massive munition sinks to become anything of contest.

EDIT: Also the m10 is a cool little tank but coming out at CP8 is a bit absurd when pak44 and LEFH get to come out earlier or around the same time. In order to reach CP8 before you have captain you need to wipe nonstop or feed xp in hopes to get a quick m10. Not completely worth it IMO

These are merely just suggestions. I am curious what the community of CoH has to say.
6 Jul 2016, 21:17 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

1-Replacing units is not something that is gonna be done most of the time (99%).

2-Is there any model inside the game?

3-Voice packs announcing the unit?

PD: the Stuart is fine.
6 Jul 2016, 21:22 PM

both the stuart and the m10 are decent at their job. there's no need to replace them.
6 Jul 2016, 21:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I would like it as a reward unit , and I hope a concept is introduced for slot of new units in the future

"Kill 100 Pumas with the Stuart"

"Kill 1000 infantry" etc

Then once you unlock, youIl have it in your little tech menu on the captain tier. It would be free to research or something and then you can just have a Chaffe with the Stuart.

Same with jagdpanher when it releases. It replaces JT/elefant

Or panzer IV Ausf f.(stubby) replacing stug e. "223 replacing" flak halftrack for OKW, etc.

6 Jul 2016, 21:53 PM

1-Replacing units is not something that is gonna be done most of the time (99%).

2-Is there any model inside the game?

3-Voice packs announcing the unit?

PD: the Stuart is fine.

1. Definitely true! I am a wishful thinker.

2. No. Even more reason it'll never happen.

3. Voice packs don't matter, they can recycle the stuarts or any other american tanks' for that matter.
nee
6 Jul 2016, 22:13 PM

Chaffee has the firepower of the Sherman, in fact the same gun. You're asking for T3 firepower to come earlier, and move faster, and cost less. Stuart is also not meant to be compared with the Puma so directly, given it's neither meant to be a scout vehicle nor long range AT.

Hellcat replacing M10 when the issue is CP timing is a bit like wanting the dealer to replace your car with another car because you didn't feel like washing it. If you think M10 comes too late, then maybe you should ask for CP to be lowered?
6 Jul 2016, 22:53 PM

1. No.
2. No.

Why? No.
6 Jul 2016, 23:08 PM

Son if there was a PaK 44 in the game the balance forums would break from Allied tears.

Anyway on topic, I'd enjoy some new models, not so much as to replace current units but yeah, some new ones would definitely spice things up a bit.
6 Jul 2016, 23:15 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Son if there was a PaK 44 in the game the balance forums would break from Allied tears.

Well, Jagdtigers are in the game ain't they?
6 Jul 2016, 23:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2016, 23:15 PMVuther

Well, Jagdtigers are in the game ain't they?

Yeah but unlike the Jagdtiger which is limited to just one (also eliminating the KT) you'd get to spam this all you want at like a price of 600MP for example, of course, it'd be pretty weak to enemy arty but at that range...
7 Jul 2016, 10:48 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

"I know these tanks from another game they should add them to this one"

No. There are very few people left working on coh2. I would much prefer them trying to fix the current problems than adding more
7 Jul 2016, 14:04 PM

Would be nice if they had added the ability to replace units before the game starts ala VCoH which can change the flow of battle and keep players guessing what they might expect.

As an example using 1 of the above units.

You like the Stuart for utility you keep the Stuart
You want a slightly better damage dealer with less utility and slightly more expensive you take the M24

To get a better post I would have done one with more than just USF though.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★