Login

russian armor

OKW vs USF

6 Jul 2016, 00:30 AM

Please help me.
I made a few mistakes, letting squads get wiped as I grew more frustrated with this guy blobbing straight into my units and coming away clean, etc. How could I have done better?
Thanks.
6 Jul 2016, 10:32 AM

Gonna look at it if no one beats me in this
6 Jul 2016, 11:25 AM

Well played ! The first wrong decision you made was to go for P4. Yeah i know it seemed like it could help but it would have been better to build more anti-infantry units like falls or obers. He had almost no vehicles on the field and his infantry was weaker due to zooks.

Also if you need additional AT upgrade your pios with schreks, with a single rakten and fausts you should then be safe.

Panther was not the best choice, against double jackson you should rather rely on AT-infantry to get the job done.

Medic could have helped as well.

Hope i could help :)
6 Jul 2016, 11:55 AM

Ufff, this was really really bad game. You have him almost killed but he still manage to make it back because you went cocky and lost so many squads. So lets get started. I will point you here litlle mistakes early game, then bigger mid game and then big ones late game because that was your play. Almost perfect early and horrible lategame.

As always I´m going to start with commader rooster and players commader choices:
- add scavenger into your rooster. JLI are great against players that refuse to get medics or as long range snipers (suplement to your volks), oswind is oswind, good tank if you know he is infantry heavy or you dont have fuel to go flak tier so you go double oswind with raketten support.
-chose commader, you floated so many munition thorough game and you could just click defensive commader and wipe his shit by 1 click wonder rampaging arty (what is 300 munnition for player that floats 600 of it)
or go special ops because of ober spam you get and commad panther that can kill jacsons in shots because of mark target and it can also selfspot.

And now we can go into the match

- if you go kubel rush key building with your spios and let kubel to cap your side of map. You should have went for his munny house with your pios instaed of capping.

2:30 once you forced him to retreat 2 squads push him hard from map, get his cut off, houses and VP. Use kubel to backcap, not volks. Volks should secure his cut off or houses.

3:40 stupid kubel loss. You knew he went for your cut off (and this was only because you did not apply a lot fo pressure to him even if you can) and you did not retreat kubel. Also dont let squads to circle it. go at max range, it have good armor and long range dps and can outfigh even rifles there. Kubel should be used as bait to m20 later (in conjusction with mine and faust/raketten)

5:00 bad engangement near his fuel- dont close in when he have red cover and also bad engangement near your munition, you let him get houses and you was punished for that

- mines, mines win games, if you planted a lots of mines you should have completely negate m20 and later when you was floating munny like crazy you should have place mines and kill jacsons with that. He extend many times with them and even was on obvious mines placement sites. So if you have mines there = no jacson for him and ezy game for you.

-play more dfensively when he get m20 until you get luchs so you dont lose squads.

10:00 go and won your fuel back, if he want to hold it with rifles or m20, then they are both doomed to perish against luchs.

10:00 you get almost whole map, it was almost ggwp for him. If you put your mg in correct position (to cover his cut off) and buy second mg instaed of second raketen (why you went second raketen , he had nu fuel for tanks right now and if he went stuart, good mine placement and 1 raketen can negate it) and then place second mg in his house near munny and using luchs to kill any flanking squads then his zook blob would be uselles as hell (he lost a lot AI because of that upgrade). Rush flak hq, and get stg obers to kill any suqads that get supressed , he wont be able to recover from that.

11:30 really stupid volks loss

12:00 if you fausted that m20 near his house, it would be dead.

get medic packs from you sturmpios. You float munition and you should keep your squads full health because they can easily defeat any riflement if they were full HP.

Now you did fairly well until like 20 minutes when he rolled out his first jacson

20:00 get VP with obers, they were idle for no reason, if you did not let them to be idle for half minute but cap that vp you would have 5 vp advantage over him and won match. im sorry, but this is reallity.

21:00 stupid luchs loss and mg loss. Why you was so cocky with it. It could serve as flank securer and jacson baiter (if you placed some mines)

now you was floating so much mp, get medics and stall for kingtiger, panher was bad decision cause you dont need to counter his tanks, you needed to vet your tanks and dont let him to counter your tanks.

24:00 dont be idle on his part of map, reposition and flank him, get your fuel and VP back, also use that mp for more mgs or obers or chose defense doc and use that arty strike to force him to retreat

Why you was so agressive with your panther and P4. If you palyed it safe, dont lose squads and keep jacsons at bay with mines and raketens and only dash when he overextends then you should have be fine.

You abandoned his jacson, get it, if you get that jacson and dont lost all suqads, then you was posibly able to hold his sherman hordes at bay with jacson jp4 combo and won this match. Also grab any weapons you lose and protect your jp4 better with rakettens and fausts.

Im really sorry for this match but if you did not lost whole army, secured map mid game when you floated mp and munny and later stall for kingtiger instaed of going panther and being more defensive and punishing his jacson once he overextends or get pak 43 and hold tanks by itself alone (he had no arty to counter it).

Also move away form his p47, you ost countless tanks because you did not pull back

RECAP: MINES, AGRESSIVE EARLY GAME, SECURE MAP MID GAME WITH 2 MGS, GET KINGTIGER INSTAED OF PANTHER, CHOSE DOCTRINE, DONT OVEREXTEND, GET HEALING TO COUNTER HIS WEAK ZOOK BLOB AND DONT LOSE SQUADS.

Hope I helped you. If you have any other questions feel free to ask.

Hector.

Hector
6 Jul 2016, 11:56 AM

Well played ! The first wrong decision you made was to go for P4. Yeah i know it seemed like it could help but it would have been better to build more anti-infantry units like falls or obers. He had almost no vehicles on the field and his infantry was weaker due to zooks.

Also if you need additional AT upgrade your pios with schreks, with a single rakten and fausts you should then be safe.

Panther was not the best choice, against double jackson you should rather rely on AT-infantry to get the job done.

Medic could have helped as well.

Hope i could help :)

hur hur you beat me in this by time, but not by post lengh ;)
6 Jul 2016, 12:16 PM

Thanks a lot for the help guys!
6 Jul 2016, 12:49 PM

hur hur you beat me in this by time, but not by post lengh ;)

LOL quality over quantity ;)
6 Jul 2016, 12:53 PM

LOL quality over quantity ;)

You want to say that my post is just talking about nothing. Good to know then :brad:
6 Jul 2016, 13:55 PM

You want to say that my post is just talking about nothing. Good to know then :brad:

I actually have one more question. What advantages does Scavenge convey?
6 Jul 2016, 15:36 PM

I actually have one more question. What advantages does Scavenge convey?

All abilities are more than useful and all together are something you should fear.

Thorough savage gives you +15 munny for scavenging but you need more time to complete it.

And now comes interesting abilities: Infiltration grenades are the same from special ops. Righ now they nuke building for 10 munny (good building and maxim play counter)

JLI are kind of elite infantry, more like pathfinders. They cost 280mp, can come from building, have inf. nades, sprint (10 second like oorah for 10-15 munny), boobytrap (same as obers) 3 kars(like grens) and one special kar, that have exact stats like gren one, but snipe models that are below 70% of health.

And this all is paired with extreme vet that give them crazy recieved acc (around 60%) and crazy accuraccy. All you need is to help them with volks so they can snipe more often. Can be poormans obers if well supported.

arty : 180 munny for something similar to USA Time on target barrage but comes a bit sooner and also last londer (depending on your ammo in your bank, the more the stronger barrage, but maximul is somewhere near 500 munny, but I dont recomend stockpickling it). Cann be called in base sector as far as I remember

Oswind - normal oswind call in for 100 fuel and some MP. Comes at 8 cp. Is great with strat : mechanized batllegruppe and then flak.

Also double oswind can save your a** when enemy go infantry and light vehicle heavy without any good tank (you can always outplay 1 sherman with rakettens and mines). Also oswind + JLI serves great AI counter so you only have to worry about tanks.

Hope I helped you
6 Jul 2016, 15:59 PM

Hope I helped you

Thanks a lot for your help! :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak