Login

russian armor

I seem to have hit the ceiling :/

3 Jul 2016, 04:05 AM

Hello everyone :),
I have been working my way up to the higher ranks and I try to play a balance of all factions but I seem to have hit a road block in my play. I don't seem to be improving anymore and I am really struggling to understand what I am doing wrong. I watch replays, study matches on youtude, and use control groups but it feels like my play is not getting any better. Does anyone have any slump busting advice or unique ways to practice and approach the game?
Thank you:help:.
3 Jul 2016, 06:28 AM

Hello everyone :),
I have been working my way up to the higher ranks and I try to play a balance of all factions but I seem to have hit a road block in my play. I don't seem to be improving anymore and I am really struggling to understand what I am doing wrong. I watch replays, study matches on youtude, and use control groups but it feels like my play is not getting any better. Does anyone have any slump busting advice or unique ways to practice and approach the game?
Thank you:help:.

This might be a good solution for you: https://www.coh2.org/news/54037/announcing-the-2016-mentor-program
3 Jul 2016, 08:56 AM

This might be a good solution for you: https://www.coh2.org/news/54037/announcing-the-2016-mentor-program

You took this words out of my mouth ;)

To OP:

Go and join Mentoring program, I´m pretty much sure it is right now best think that can help you ;)

Hector
3 Jul 2016, 14:42 PM

Some times you have to start anew, if you merely want to get an idea of your actual skill level, which is directly linked to you win/loss ratio.

Otherwise you just have to win all of yo matches till your w/l ratio is balanced around %65-%70.

Imagine someone having 500 losses and 500 wins. Yes a hard road that can be cut short by buying the game again (on sale now) and start playing more competitively.
3 Jul 2016, 14:47 PM

Some times you have to start anew, if you merely want to get an idea of your actual skill level, which is directly linked to you win/loss ratio.

Otherwise you just have to win all of yo matches till your w/l ratio is balanced around %65-%70.

Imagine someone having 500 losses and 500 wins. Yes a hard road that can be cut short by buying the game again (on sale now) and start playing more competitively.

I think he meant his elo. It is not about your win/loss ratio, it is rather about your rank and your position in ladder, whitch improve the same even if you played 100 or 1000 games. Soon even if you get smurf account, you will end up at same rank because of your skill not number of games played.

3 Jul 2016, 14:55 PM

Not sure if w/l ratio is as trivial as suggested above.
3 Jul 2016, 16:13 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

That's awful advice, how would that help at all? Beating up on noobs with a smurf account wont help you improve.

Switch it up a bit, try some new commanders and strats. Take a break from the game if you want, it's not worth getting burned out on the game. You're just going to need practice to get better at this point. You can't really shortcut it.
3 Jul 2016, 21:32 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 16:13 PMTobis

Beating up on noobs with a smurf account wont help you improve.
You don't choose your opponents, you should know that by now.

But that isn't going to help one to improve himself either, that is right.
3 Jul 2016, 23:23 PM
Donator 11

You don't choose your opponents, you should know that by now.

But that isn't going to help one to improve himself either, that is right.

You actually can choose your opponent in automatch, its called sniping.

Also, if you want to play against noobs, just surrender in every second won match. The matchmaker will decrease your elo and you will stay in a sweet spot where you can beat anybody.
3 Jul 2016, 23:35 PM

You actually can choose your opponent in automatch, its called sniping.
How so, care to elaborate.

Also, if you want to play against noobs, just surrender in every second won match. The matchmaker will decrease your elo and you will stay in a sweet spot where you can beat anybody.
:lol:
4 Jul 2016, 06:21 AM

I can tell it also from my perspective. I did not play game for half year and went from almost top 50 into top 200. As you can see right now almost all my factions are in top 100 because I win much more matches against those "noobs" than I lose against them. (if youre at top 200, matchmaker will try to find you another top 200 player, if there is not top200 player it will try to find top 100 or top 300 player if ....). And that means when my quality is for example top75 i will end ad top 75 at some time because even if matchmaker will give me bad opponents, he will at one time start giving me better and better players
4 Jul 2016, 13:08 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I'm intrigued by the disparity in your levels across factions. Like, you have level 12 with Soviets but only level 7 with OH, even though you have about the same number of games with both...

Any feeling about why that might be?
4 Jul 2016, 15:14 PM

I'm intrigued by the disparity in your levels across factions. Like, you have level 12 with Soviets but only level 7 with OH, even though you have about the same number of games with both...

Each faction plays differently. For example if you want to improve with soviets you have to learn about commader choices and flanking (multitasking more squads)and if you want to improve with ostheer you have to learn how to counterbuild, how to positions your army as whole (that means your army should work like 1 complex) and munny management.

With okw you need to learn how to properly place trucks, work on tank surivability and munny mangement
With USA you have to learn a lot about mobile agression and finding holes in enemy build order
With Brits you have to learn how to properly place emplacements, counterbuilding him with good commader choice and commading army as whole.

Other things like better micro, squad preservation, mine placement, AT gun positioning, harrasing and backcaping will increase your overall score.

I mentioned only few things I found most important in every faction.

Hope I help you.
4 Jul 2016, 16:33 PM

I seem to have a better grasp of the allied play style for some reason. I will look in to the mentor program thanks to all for your advice.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★