Login

russian armor

Deactivate an activated extension (repair_station_ext)?

Dar
30 Jun 2016, 17:02 PM

Hey folks,

I was wondering, would it be possible to deactivate an activated extension, in my case a repair_station_ext spawning 3 medics?

The extension is being activated via a toggle ability, however the medics won't be despawned, or rather, the whole extension won't be deactivated after the ability is toggled off. I tried to disable it via the end_self_actions in the abilities action_list, but appearantly there are no functions to properly deactivate an extension.

So, does anybody know, is there maybe a way?
30 Jun 2016, 21:16 PM
Modmaker Badge

Yep also happens to me. I tried in the past to do something similar with my ambulance and I failed.

I am curious too about this if someone have an answer for this.
1 Jul 2016, 11:26 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

It's not a solid solution, but it works for me:
I made a building with two types of extensions, engineers en medics. Each building can have one extension, so I made a second invisible building which is spawned in the first building. The players won't see the difference :)

Create an invisible building (or take a really small model like binoculars) with an extension and spawn and delete it with the toggle abilty. You can use the filter_action to remove the building within 1 meter so it works when you have more of the same building. The extension-members will be removed aswell when you delete the building.

I hope this helps.
Dar
1 Jul 2016, 13:12 PM

Sounds promising, interesting approach. In the filter action on end_self_actions of the toggle ability, which function would you use to despawn the fake entity though?
1 Jul 2016, 13:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I use: Trigger_critical_action > supply_drop_blow_up
This works for the model: environment\objects\market\crates_wood_open_s_01\crates_wood_open_s_01

The fake entity has the filteraction to look if it's near the real entity. Then it runs this action on itself.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★