Login

russian armor

USF mortar

29 Jun 2016, 03:28 AM

how to beat this blatant bullshit. ty
29 Jun 2016, 03:33 AM

Step 1:
Create a more intelligent title for a thread.

Step 2:
Learn proper grammar and punctuation in order to be taken more seriously.

Step 3:
Create a thread on the official forums and highlight why it is "blatant bullshit".

Step 4:
Always rush a mortar when you see it, causing them to retreat.
29 Jun 2016, 03:36 AM

how to beat as OKW since i dont get a mortar and this USF one is powered by mac sauce and fires as fast as kids can glitch their shermans with combined arms so i cant even use cover without having to dodge and get shot to pieces by riflemen

29 Jun 2016, 18:27 PM

how to beat as OKW since i dont get a mortar and this USF one is powered by mac sauce and fires as fast as kids can glitch their shermans with combined arms so i cant even use cover without having to dodge and get shot to pieces by riflemen

Wait for patch of the patch. The mortar is broken. If it doesn't address it, then pose the question then.
29 Jun 2016, 19:26 PM

Generally speaking

1. Realizing that you can't keep your squads still behind cover for long or else the precision shells of FREEDOM will ruin your day.

2. ISG will out range it - just spam barrage at his mortar, at the very least you'll force him to reposition. (I always give my isg a ctrl group so I can't quickly select it and maximize its fast barrage cooldown)

3. If the map/situation allows for it <444>3 Fallshimjaegers popping out and using new nuke grenade on mortar and stealing it
29 Jun 2016, 20:12 PM

29 Jun 2016, 20:52 PM

Mortar HT, kubel, 222, luchs

Stay mobile
30 Jun 2016, 08:41 AM

I'm just not using it because it's just too op. Why use a clearly and stupidly broken unit. Only problem is that people are going to start spamming them and name it something intelligent like, "Heavy Usage of the M1 81mm Mortar - USF" or someshit.

I actually don't even understand why relic added this unit. Literally the shells are heat seeking or someshit. I just played USF and got 2 pack howies and they seem totally nice, these things are also accurate and deal significant amounts of damage. TBH, I was shooting at a blob like around 50 meters anyway so I woudn't really know, but these mortars just make no sense and are just damn broken. if relic wants to keep them they have to take away the heat seeking feature and the nonsense accuracy. And if USF players and relic feel that USF has no real nice indirect fire option, then just buff this howie not add another unit that literally does the same thing but has the retreat button.

No, seriously why was this unit added? Do they really need something like this in the early game? against WM, they are not countering anything important and these units are just creating an unfair advantage against the already shitty earlygame that the WM has against the USF. They are countering German mortars?just run around in circles or something, like literally RMs deal good dmg when moving and you need to close the gap anyway. Against OKW, I don't really know. OK, the sovs have their own mortars but the stock sov mortars are not as "great", they are rather shitty. And against sturmpios, they are going to be moving around anyway. USF already has a great infantry unit they deal fucking insane dmg upclose against anything other than sturmpios. they are basically superconscripts or something, and if you say that the price makes up for it, than ur not making sense because we are not comparing those two here and is not like you get 2 conscripts for the price of one RM squad. Literally against OKW, RMs rip volks and kubels. Only weakness is sturmpios. unless some idiot decides to blob them, USF has no real disadvantage against OKW during the early game and even if they blob sturmpios, build time and 300mp is not ideal for them. And if people are complaining about the midgame, then IDK because I don't play USF almost at all. But, either way, they seem to have the pack howie during the midgame and other things to deal with infantry and these mortars are not at all close to being even severly OP, its more like fucking broken, unusable, and "what the fuck where you thinking relic no offense, but fuck".

TL;DR PLEASE FOR THE SAKE OF THE BALANCE OF THE GAME AND THE QUALITY OF LIFE OF ALL PLAYERS, DON'T USE THIS BROKEN UNIT. AND RELIC PLEASE FIX I LOVE UR GAME AND APPRECIATE ALL THAT TIME AND EFFORT AND THE GAME ITSELF AND EVERYONE TRYING THEIR BEST BUT THESE MORTARS JUST MAKE NO SENSE
30 Jun 2016, 17:57 PM

I'm gonna use those Mortars that were bestowed upon me by Lelic Sempai, thank you very much, for all the times I wished I had indirect fire before teching up.
30 Jun 2016, 20:49 PM

How are the mortars now?
30 Jun 2016, 21:18 PM

How are the mortars now?

Still the same as before

here you have changelog to june 29 hotfix

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/67/coh-2-changelog/p5
30 Jun 2016, 21:31 PM

1 Jul 2016, 00:22 AM

Please don't use it for your own sanity
1 Jul 2016, 08:50 AM

Please don't use it for your own sanity