Login

russian armor

Reworking muh Riflemen

• This thread is locked
28 Jun 2016, 09:17 AM

Some ideas are horrible, some is good. I already see sprinting blobs from FRP to mid of the map.
28 Jun 2016, 10:49 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 09:17 AMNEVEC
Some ideas are horrible, some is good. I already see sprinting blobs from FRP to mid of the map.

On tall maps it would be OP, I test on Ango/Kolodny so I never thought I'd that. Ideas?
28 Jun 2016, 17:43 PM
Patrion 14

Rifles are fine, Stuarts are fine.
28 Jun 2016, 21:43 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

really don't see this being necessary..

1. Nerf double lmg blobs because they can still perform way too well against mgs frontally once they hit mass. Normal rifles are as fine as it gets, actually.

People that lose infantry war to zook riflemen....maybe in 4v4 with teammates covering... Maybe. In general losing to that is just bad axis play...(now piat sappers..shit)

2. Bring the mortar in line or delete it.

3. Change Volley fire..? Why? Why change it? Just for the sake of changing?

Every other buff or QoL change to USF was quite literally for a defined reason. Now ostheer and OKW could use some of their own and I'm sure we could make a much better list of changes for them.

And, OP if you've played 80% USF and are bored of it, that doesn't really justify changing the entire thing just cause you're bored...just play another faction... ahaha
28 Jun 2016, 23:03 PM

When I got bored and made a mod to redesign the factions I made the Lieutenant and Captain 1 man squads that merged into a rifle squad to make a 6 man squad. Had a 3 LT limit and 1 captain limit. I eventually made it so they could merge into team weapons too for unique abilities, (don't think I ever worked out the kinks on team weapons though). They couldn't break away from the squad once merged though.

I thought it took care of the whole 'free squads for teching' notion rather nicely. It needed balancing, sure, but I'd redesigned the other factions as well so it was mostly an exercise in messing around creating what I thought would be fun at the time. (And noticing how easy it would be to fix so many of the frustrating components of general gameplay for all factions.)

Anyway, the problem is that both USF and OKW have core issues with their infantry level strategy. OKW is clunky as all hell when it comes to inf AT and suppression, and USF is flat out pigeonholed into limited strategies because their access to team weapons is heavily restricted or, until this last patch, non existent. Hell neither can even get flamethrowers without a doctrine choice.

Both WFA armies have strangely defined 'builder' units as well. USF sits on one end of the spectrum with REs being next to redundant next to vehicles crews and riflemen. And then you have OKW's Sturmpioneers being way on the other end, especially now, handling virtually all non-cannon fodder tasks for OKW.

So pretty much until the mid-late gamewith WFA you have a sort of amalgamated mess of awkwardly paced units until tanks.

I feel like at this point I'm just going to have to make a total overhaul so that that I could play a mod that doesn't break every patch.
28 Jun 2016, 23:13 PM

Well no across the board, I dont really feel like explaining why your wrong so i wont.
28 Jun 2016, 23:17 PM

Nerf riflemens cool down hell yeah
29 Jun 2016, 00:29 AM

OP why dont you put up some replays of your mod? id be happy to help you test if you want.

i mean, usf is kinda stale in rifle reliance and all
29 Jun 2016, 02:03 AM

I like play mostly USF because I can depend on a single unit to be the anchor of my forces, for their cost and how painful is to lose a veteran squad I don't see what's the big deal about them, you can play Soviets if you like Combined Arms as that's why I think they are arguably the best Allied faction.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 56
unknown 18
Germany 15
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %