Login

russian armor

US stuart rush

23 Jun 2016, 08:23 AM

Need some help countering this tactic.
Usually they go heavy rifle spam which presses me hard earlygame,and then rushes stuart.This vehicle is fast enough that it can back away from a pak after a shot and then go harass another part of the field..it just pens me in completely.It will kite shreks and fausts.Only success i find is with tellers but thats dependent on luck and i need muni bad for med bunker and lmg.222 useless almost against it.
23 Jun 2016, 14:47 PM

I often place defensive teller or tellers so enemy have to be more cautiosly with his stuart and so he cannot wipe retreating squads so much or he goes into risk losing stuart. Then I go pak and grens and play ultra safe, trying to not lose squads (and preferrably not sniper). I almost always go mobile def against USA (puma, command panzer and ostruppen are so efficient).
I can also call double ostruppen reinforcement to cheap capper/ fauster/ key point holder cause I still dont have munny to give lmgs to all those grens.

Once I hit 5 CP I call in puma and wait when stuart extends and prefferably eat one pak shot or get snared, then I kill him with puma.

Now I start gaining ground, get even second pak, bleed him more with sniper and prepare to call in command p4, one of best AI tanks I need right now. This tank then make me once again into this game.

And now you should have defeated stuart with your safe play and also gained ground with cp4 (yea you will lose some ground when stuart come, but if he dont bleed you that much, you still make comeback with command p4)

Later you can go for puma spam or tech tier 3 to get more p4 or stugs or tech for panthers (puma spam vs sherman spam, tier 3 vs better tanks[easy 8, jacsons] and panthers against m10 spam or pershing)

Hope I help you
23 Jun 2016, 16:01 PM

Thats helpful,thnx.
23 Jun 2016, 19:39 PM

Np, you´re welcome.

Feel free to add replays here if you encounter some problem against start in specific game and you don´t know why you lost it. We are here to help you ;)
23 Jun 2016, 19:46 PM

Aggressive tellers, or 2x faust +222/Pak
23 Jun 2016, 20:12 PM

IMO USF rushing m20 (4:40) is 10x harder to deal with (assuming decent player that decrews zook crew and swap with RE etc.) with the new armor piercing MG to support. vs CPT tier rush get snipers and protect them with grens + pak, thats it really I guess.
23 Jun 2016, 20:18 PM

Aggressive tellers, or 2x faust +222/Pak

I have to disagree with agressive tellers and 222

Good players will always get minesweeper and will always spot first for agressive obvious places for mines. And if he find them, and he will find them, you just waste munnition

222 is good as harassment/ light vehicle unit BEFORE stuart. You can gain a lot map control with it, but in fight against stuart with his armor and shell shock it is completely useless except as spotter for pak

2x faust can work but only if you use second when youre sure that beast will die otherwise it is wasted munnition.

Pak should hold it at bay, but still I think puma is best solution
23 Jun 2016, 20:21 PM

"Good players" don't rush into defensive positions and REs can't pass MG42 lines. But an aggressively placed teller always creates surprises.:hansRAGE:

And you didn't notice the '2xfaust' part.
24 Jun 2016, 15:00 PM

"Good players" don't rush into defensive positions and REs can't pass MG42 lines. But an aggressively placed teller always creates surprises.:hansRAGE:

And you didn't notice the '2xfaust' part.

point with defensive tellers is that he wont pursue your retreating squads or try to flank pak cause he will get punished. And agressive teller wont work once you hit top 100, believe me ;) (most of time)
24 Jun 2016, 15:24 PM

I always keep Mobile Defense in my load-out for that reason as well - though I try to only use it if I'm struggling with my core army units as counters before "Panic Puma".

Multiple 222 (444 or 666) can be effective depending on how you play it. What I'll sometimes do is a light T1 (MG42, X3 Gren usually) and then fast tech for 222. I'll hold the first one back while the second one is building and if you time it right you can surprise the Stuart if he's overly aggressive or caught out of position. Key is to get rear armor hits/block his movement and burst him down.

With the Stuart down you can use your 222 flotilla to bully Riflemen from there. (Benefit of being more useful AI than Puma)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 93

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight