Login

russian armor

[1v1] Soviet

18 Jun 2016, 03:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hello,

On this game, I felt that I did alright from beginning to mid game. I got all of the VPs, took the majority of the map, and constantly pressured his cut-off. I decided I needed elite infantry to fight his vetted LMG Grens, so I picked Shock Rifle Frontline and called in some Shock Troops. Afterward I played for the IS-2.

Then I started losing units left and right, lost the map, then my IS-2 (bad engagement, strolled right into a couple Pak 40s).

Any advice will be welcome!

Thanks!
19 Jun 2016, 10:51 AM

gonna look at this in the afternoon
19 Jun 2016, 12:37 PM

Hello,

On this game, I felt that I did alright from beginning to mid game. I got all of the VPs, took the majority of the map, and constantly pressured his cut-off. I decided I needed elite infantry to fight his vetted LMG Grens, so I picked Shock Rifle Frontline and called in some Shock Troops. Afterward I played for the IS-2.

Then I started losing units left and right, lost the map, then my IS-2 (bad engagement, strolled right into a couple Pak 40s).

Any advice will be welcome!

Thanks!

U havent killed whole squads of him!
19 Jun 2016, 15:39 PM

Lets get started.

Sorry If I´ll be bad on you when I tell you thinks you did bad. I´m not going to tell it in eufemisms, I will tell it as it was.

First lest start with your commader rooster. Why the hell you have there guard rifle combined arms. If you want early powerhouse there go shock army or partisans, shock army give much bigger power because of shokcs ad mortar and partisans pretty much counter static play on most maps.

And if you want another lategame commader try advanced warfare or some with isu152. Just grind for a while if you want some of those i pointed here. GRCA have no use in most sytuations except in light vehicle counter and late game arty and each of the is better in other commaders or you dont need at all

And now we jump into battle

1:30 i know it was pitty mistake but rather shift cap if you cannot manage your troops rather than not cap point and the return back and lose your time. Also why wiring, it only hurts you because you lose easy route to that important house ;)

2:00 pios in middle hose, you have 2 cons there , go point blank and ous fire them, there is only one window and you will have 12 men firing at them, they would die and need to retreat , then you can cap
Always remember, winning fights and bleeding enemy is always more worth than capping, you can cap once he is pulled back to retreat

3:00 you lost 2 engangements because of mistakes i pointed at 2 minute mark. First go and point blank from your side and kill grens in house, he had troops near cut off, you lost fight in house , near cut off and lost one squad. You could have won house and then reppel attack and then get cut off, but you have chosen the bad way.

RETREAT SOONER, you retreat too late and you dont have control of your units and this actually lost you the game (and also your horrible buid order, your opponent was bad, but you did not capitalise on it ;) )

5:00 once again that fight near fuel house that lost you game. Your enginners have to go there get goddamn flamer and finnally won that house, but you no, you did not even point blank, you attacked house from all sides thust he can fire with all troops (number of windows in one site means number of men that can fire) and even got pinned by almighty mg 42

Why you went second maxim, you needed much more medics (whitch you did not get in whole match and that meant you bleed so so much and also lost countless engangements becuase of low health squads) or t70, your t70 arrived too late, if he was better player he could just counter it with puma cause you LACKED AT by that way you get t70

NO at nades for whole game, lack of at gun, and that was also why you lost countless squads to late mid game tank

6:30 once again the same old mistake near same old house and the same old loss there

8:00 retreat those 3 men low hp cons, dont let them die only to seize cut off for 10 second, do not listen to gamemakers, cons role is not to die, their role is to kick ass

9:00 late t 70 as i pointed sooner

10:40 wtf that cut off attack, you just give him another cons to his grave for nothing

also still not at and so puma could have ment gg for you as well as fast oswind

still no medics (actually for whole game, that means gg for you)
you could get medics not second shocks, whitch died because of no heal

16:00 bravo bravissimo you almost won the game by that risky t 70 play and his incapability to not get puma even if he chose that commader. If you did not wait for is2 but went kv8 you just unlocked you could win the game. You have power to roflstomp his base with kv8 burn his whole army and troll at him

Later you was spamming arty like crazy, getting defensive mines and demos is much better in this sytuation, you could kill that p4 or some grens by this way and actually win lost game

why you did not bought mg for is2 ???

Late game your only option was to tech AT nades,medics, another at gun ,play safer with is2 and tech for katty and wreck is suppoer weapons with that. But you choose to go another shocks and lose another squads. Really better play early game, retreating earlier and preparing for tanks would win you game.

Also one mistake i noticed, you was too agressive even if you was losing and thats why you lost many suqads

And pls use smoke nade agains hmgs if you go shocks, it win engangements

You did not get counters and you lost too much early game (even if you could have won by good kv8) and thats why losing is 2 and game was only matter of time, YOU WAS NOT GETTING WERE, you was loosing ;)

And last think, he was not playing well, he could get 2 panthers if he want or tiger or anything. But all mistakes you made and I listed here when combined together lost you the game.

Hope I helped. And feel free to discuss about anything or upload more games you lost if you dont know why you lost.

And once agains sorry for all I wrote, but I needed to open your mind and let you see you was not doing alright because of thinks I pointed. If you did all i tell you here (or at least one kv8) you would have won this match because he was worse than you, If I was reviewing his replay he would have much longer wall of text here ;)

See ya on the batllefield.
Hector

20 Jun 2016, 02:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Lets get started.

Sorry If I´ll be bad on you when I tell you thinks you did bad. I´m not going to tell it in eufemisms, I will tell it as it was.

First lest start with your commader rooster. Why the hell you have there guard rifle combined arms. If you want early powerhouse there go shock army or partisans, shock army give much bigger power because of shokcs ad mortar and partisans pretty much counter static play on most maps.

And if you want another lategame commader try advanced warfare or some with isu152. Just grind for a while if you want some of those i pointed here. GRCA have no use in most sytuations except in light vehicle counter and late game arty and each of the is better in other commaders or you dont need at all

And now we jump into battle

1:30 i know it was pitty mistake but rather shift cap if you cannot manage your troops rather than not cap point and the return back and lose your time. Also why wiring, it only hurts you because you lose easy route to that important house ;)

2:00 pios in middle hose, you have 2 cons there , go point blank and ous fire them, there is only one window and you will have 12 men firing at them, they would die and need to retreat , then you can cap
Always remember, winning fights and bleeding enemy is always more worth than capping, you can cap once he is pulled back to retreat

3:00 you lost 2 engangements because of mistakes i pointed at 2 minute mark. First go and point blank from your side and kill grens in house, he had troops near cut off, you lost fight in house , near cut off and lost one squad. You could have won house and then reppel attack and then get cut off, but you have chosen the bad way.

RETREAT SOONER, you retreat too late and you dont have control of your units and this actually lost you the game (and also your horrible buid order, your opponent was bad, but you did not capitalise on it ;) )

5:00 once again that fight near fuel house that lost you game. Your enginners have to go there get goddamn flamer and finnally won that house, but you no, you did not even point blank, you attacked house from all sides thust he can fire with all troops (number of windows in one site means number of men that can fire) and even got pinned by almighty mg 42

Why you went second maxim, you needed much more medics (whitch you did not get in whole match and that meant you bleed so so much and also lost countless engangements becuase of low health squads) or t70, your t70 arrived too late, if he was better player he could just counter it with puma cause you LACKED AT by that way you get t70

NO at nades for whole game, lack of at gun, and that was also why you lost countless squads to late mid game tank

6:30 once again the same old mistake near same old house and the same old loss there

8:00 retreat those 3 men low hp cons, dont let them die only to seize cut off for 10 second, do not listen to gamemakers, cons role is not to die, their role is to kick ass

9:00 late t 70 as i pointed sooner

10:40 wtf that cut off attack, you just give him another cons to his grave for nothing

also still not at and so puma could have ment gg for you as well as fast oswind

still no medics (actually for whole game, that means gg for you)
you could get medics not second shocks, whitch died because of no heal

16:00 bravo bravissimo you almost won the game by that risky t 70 play and his incapability to not get puma even if he chose that commader. If you did not wait for is2 but went kv8 you just unlocked you could win the game. You have power to roflstomp his base with kv8 burn his whole army and troll at him

Later you was spamming arty like crazy, getting defensive mines and demos is much better in this sytuation, you could kill that p4 or some grens by this way and actually win lost game

why you did not bought mg for is2 ???

Late game your only option was to tech AT nades,medics, another at gun ,play safer with is2 and tech for katty and wreck is suppoer weapons with that. But you choose to go another shocks and lose another squads. Really better play early game, retreating earlier and preparing for tanks would win you game.

Also one mistake i noticed, you was too agressive even if you was losing and thats why you lost many suqads

And pls use smoke nade agains hmgs if you go shocks, it win engangements

You did not get counters and you lost too much early game (even if you could have won by good kv8) and thats why losing is 2 and game was only matter of time, YOU WAS NOT GETTING WERE, you was loosing ;)

And last think, he was not playing well, he could get 2 panthers if he want or tiger or anything. But all mistakes you made and I listed here when combined together lost you the game.

Hope I helped. And feel free to discuss about anything or upload more games you lost if you dont know why you lost.

And once agains sorry for all I wrote, but I needed to open your mind and let you see you was not doing alright because of thinks I pointed. If you did all i tell you here (or at least one kv8) you would have won this match because he was worse than you, If I was reviewing his replay he would have much longer wall of text here ;)

See ya on the batllefield.
Hector

Thanks Hector! Don't worry, I can take criticism.

So, in summary:

-Bad commander
-don't wire, just cap
-win engagements then cap (don't cap-and-fight at the same time)
-retreat sooner
-don't be too aggressive
-medics
-AT 'nades (after T-70?)
-mines and demos all over the place

Anything I missed?
20 Jun 2016, 14:18 PM

Thanks Hector! Don't worry, I can take criticism.

So, in summary:

-Bad commander
-don't wire, just cap
-win engagements then cap (don't cap-and-fight at the same time)
-retreat sooner
-don't be too aggressive
-medics
-AT 'nades (after T-70?)
-mines and demos all over the place

Anything I missed?

wiring is good, but only on good places (part of green cover that is on enemy side, eg you wont use it and enemy will cause cover is directional)

also if you want to wire that part of fuel you have to wire it whole else enemy can pass there.

- here you can see useful wiring used in highest level of play. PS: dont wire as player in that video

yes you often want to win engangements first and then once you force him to almost full retreat cap his cut off an prepare defences there and meanwhile use your enginneers and/or low health cons that have to retreat soon to backcapping (but dont overdo it with low health squads or you lose them as before)

You have to learn when to be agressive and when to not. You was not agressive with fast kv8 and also to agresive with your low number squads and is2 and thats why you lost the game. Yes its not that easy, but generally when you get some schock unit you want to be agressive and when youre losing lot of units and land and you feel you cannot defeat him in open fight then slow the pace a bit, play defensively with fast breakouts if he play his cards bad and only cap his cut off to annoy him, dont try to make big attacks

ANd yes defensive mines and demos are always good gamechangers ;)
21 Jun 2016, 00:31 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

wiring is good, but only on good places (part of green cover that is on enemy side, eg you wont use it and enemy will cause cover is directional)

also if you want to wire that part of fuel you have to wire it whole else enemy can pass there.

- here you can see useful wiring used in highest level of play. PS: dont wire as player in that video

yes you often want to win engangements first and then once you force him to almost full retreat cap his cut off an prepare defences there and meanwhile use your enginneers and/or low health cons that have to retreat soon to backcapping (but dont overdo it with low health squads or you lose them as before)

You have to learn when to be agressive and when to not. You was not agressive with fast kv8 and also to agresive with your low number squads and is2 and thats why you lost the game. Yes its not that easy, but generally when you get some schock unit you want to be agressive and when youre losing lot of units and land and you feel you cannot defeat him in open fight then slow the pace a bit, play defensively with fast breakouts if he play his cards bad and only cap his cut off to annoy him, dont try to make big attacks

ANd yes defensive mines and demos are always good gamechangers ;)

Thanks for your advice! I've played a lot better now, swapped Guards Combined Arms for Lend Lease, picked up Medics, AT Grenades, and kept my units alive! (mostly)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★