Login

russian armor

Bulletin Rework?

Would you like to see more bulletins added and some existing ones buffed slightly?
Option Distribution Votes
88%
12%
Total votes: 17
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
12 Jun 2016, 19:26 PM

Now that the war spoils system isn't a complete joke and you can no longer stack bulletins, I think it would be appropriate to add some new bulletins (for the newer factions especially that have less than the vanilla ones), and rework some of the existing ones.

For example, instead of reducing the cost of a mine by 6% or a panzerfaust by 4% the cost of incendiary rounds by 2%, why not make it a flat number? Barring that, maybe up the % to like 10%? What, saving 5 muni on a teller or 3 on a tm-35 is going to break the game? Right now no one who cared about their bulletins (as irrational as it currently is) would ever use and of the cost-reduction ones.

Players (myself included) like to have customization options and be able to see the results of said customization even if it's minor. The issue of the potential to stack multiple bulletins and buff a unit beyond what is reasonable no longer exists, so why not?

I have no experience in coding but I don't think it would be that hard or time consuming to do on the part of relic either. (correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm sure there have already been threads like this before but I haven't seen any since war spoils update.
12 Jun 2016, 19:47 PM
12 Jun 2016, 19:52 PM

Only worthy bulletins right now for me are EXP boost, cooldown time (howitzers) and price reduction. Everything else is "placebo" - changes nothing, but making you feel like it does.
12 Jun 2016, 20:06 PM

My thoughts here : https://www.coh2.org/topic/53518/title

Those numbers look a little high to me. For instance, if you add 3 bulletins to rifles, say 10% acc, 7% reduced accuracy and 25% vet, you will have an overwhelmingly powerful units at the start compared to say grens, and other players will effectively be forced to match your bulletins or risk losing the game right from the start.

I think accuracy should be buffed to 5%, rifle cooldown to maybe 10%? Mathematically it wont change much seeing as how the original value is so small. I think cost reduction 10-15% is reasonable and 20% build time is fine, but arty reload 20% might be a bit over the top. Up to 10% from 5% there would be noticeable and not too major.

One of the major issues is that factions like brits lack bulletins. For example, vickers supression is poor, but it has no bulletins outside standard recruit/veteran/officer training ones. The same can be said about some units like okw falls, or sturms.
12 Jun 2016, 20:08 PM

Only worthy bulletins right now for me are EXP boost, cooldown time (howitzers) and price reduction. Everything else is "placebo" - changes nothing, but making you feel like it does.

More or less. Before when you could get like 15% panther weapon reload or armour it could actually make a difference. You can still currently get 10% ost mortar accuracy which I find interesting. Ones says "fires 5% more accurately", the other says "autofires 5% more accurately"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★