Login

russian armor

Bofors and Mortar Pit

12 Jun 2016, 06:59 AM

Propose that these 2 should have a radius around them within which the other cant be built.This will not reduce their individual effectiveness but the lame each placed next to the other and area secured for next 15 mins thing wont be possible.
Singly they can be countered but together they become extremely difficult to bring down.If just a 6pdr supports them even ostheer t3 finds very difficult to break it,as any succesful attempts to break in are countered by brace.Alternatively the range of mortar pit should be reduced to that of normal mortar.
Bofors is too cost effective for the effort and resources needed to bring it down.

This becomes more of a problem in 2 vs 2 and up.

12 Jun 2016, 07:19 AM

I propose that commnad PzIV and PZV cannot be nowehre near around other vehicles.
12 Jun 2016, 07:41 AM

I propose that commnad PzIV and PZV cannot be nowehre near around other vehicles.

Bofors and mortar pit combo is making it extremely difficult for ostheer to play 2 vs 2,since we have no arty til t4.If we had nebelwerfer like in coh1 this would not be problem.
12 Jun 2016, 07:46 AM

Bofors and mortar pit combo is making it extremely difficult for ostheer to play 2 vs 2,since we have no arty til t4.If we had nebelwerfer like in coh1 this would not be problem.

Recently I play only 2v2 and most of the time as Axis, as Ostheer.

I havent found any troubles vs emplacements.

All you need to do is adapt, find strategy and use it against emplacement, not whining of the forum that you don't have tools, becasue you do.
12 Jun 2016, 07:52 AM

Recently I play only 2v2 and most of the time as Axis, as Ostheer.

I havent found any troubles vs emplacements.

All you need to do is adapt, find strategy and use it against emplacement, not whining of the forum that you don't have tools, becasue you do.

How are you doing it?I return to this game,and find its been ruined by these emplacements completely.Mortar pit range is just bogus.Bofors is unkilleable with brcae without loss of half ur army for the price of an ost halftrack.Wtf.Only OKW can play 2vs 2 and up against brits now,ost is only good for caches as 2 vs 2 .
12 Jun 2016, 07:56 AM

How are you doing it?I return to this game,and find its been ruined by these emplacements completely.Mortar pit range is just bogus.Bofors is unkilleable with brcae without loss of half ur army for the price of an ost halftrack.Wtf.Only OKW can play 2vs 2 and up against brits now,ost is only good for caches as 2 vs 2 .

Half of the army :snfPeter:

Best way to kill a bofors is to PAK it to death with sniper getting LOS on it, double ost mortar with an Halftrack behind it to recrew is a nightmare for UKF

Again it's just Adapt to the playstyle of your opponent, you can't always impose yourt playstyle

12 Jun 2016, 08:00 AM

1. Double GrW.
2. Constant pressure - you can't give them time to breathe. With early 222, OST is a perfect faction to keep Brits occupied.
3. According to 2, you can't give them time to build it. If enemies have time to build few emplacement it's becasue you are beeing too passive.
4. If nothing works, MHT.
5. Keep in mind that bofors barrage takes time to land so once you hear it, you can easily move your mortars/paks few meters away and keep shooting.
12 Jun 2016, 08:33 AM

the "pak it to death" thing doesnt work against decent players. Try it and the bofors ability will cancel your try, it is more likely to lose that pak....
What always works for me and my mate is Fortification Doctrine for the arty- strike + sth. that gives sight on the Cancer
12 Jun 2016, 08:37 AM

Its invincibility depends on the map, and your opponents unit composition.

Ost is only good for caches as 2 vs 2 .
:lol::thumb::thumb::thumb:
12 Jun 2016, 08:37 AM

A combined fortification with AT-support is hard to break? Who would have guessed?

Attack somewhere else. Overwhelm his teammate 2v1. L2P.
12 Jun 2016, 08:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2016, 08:33 AMSlate
the "pak it to death" thing doesnt work against decent players. Try it and the bofors ability will cancel your try, it is more likely to lose that pak....
What always works for me and my mate is Fortification Doctrine for the arty- strike + sth. that gives sight on the Cancer

Only if your micro is somewhere at the bottom of the ocean.

You can easily hear barrage ability and it takes like 6-7 second for shells to drop. It's enough time t move paks few meters and attack again while barrage is on cooldown.
12 Jun 2016, 09:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2016, 07:56 AMShanka

Half of the army :snfPeter:

Best way to kill a bofors is to PAK it to death with sniper getting LOS on it, double ost mortar with an Halftrack behind it to recrew is a nightmare for UKF

Again it's just Adapt to the playstyle of your opponent, you can't always impose yourt playstyle

I find this answer weird.PAK,sniper,double mortar and halftrack...do you even build any main army...his infantry will just walk in and roll up the whole line?
12 Jun 2016, 09:12 AM

I find this answer weird.PAK,sniper,double mortar and halftrack...do you even build any main army...his infantry will just walk in and roll up the whole line?

You can't fight massive emplacement fortification AND powerful infantry strat.

Pick one becasue both not gonna happen.
12 Jun 2016, 09:27 AM

You can't fight massive emplacement fortification AND powerful infantry strat.

Pick one becasue both not gonna happen.

Whats so massive about a mortar pit and bofors?Especially in 2 vs 2 with teammate help..its xtremely difficult to beat.
12 Jun 2016, 09:42 AM

Whats so massive about a mortar pit and bofors?Especially in 2 vs 2 with teammate help..its xtremely difficult to beat.

680MP? He has immobile 680MP and you are saying that he still can walk on your paks with infantry.

It's like saying that if I make 2 Paks at 9' Im still able to make powerful infantry push - no, you are not.
12 Jun 2016, 10:09 AM

It may not be pleasent to fight against Bofors and Mortar Pit, but there´s nothing wrong with those units themselves.
12 Jun 2016, 10:21 AM

Only if your micro is somewhere at the bottom of the ocean.

You can easily hear barrage ability and it takes like 6-7 second for shells to drop. It's enough time t move paks few meters and attack again while barrage is on cooldown.

I don't talk about bofors killing your pak, I said it will cancel the "pak it to death" try. You have to bring your pak in a risky position to perform the "pak it to death" thing and it will get rushed. More likely to happen, if the barrage is placed so that the new position of the pak is realy akward.
12 Jun 2016, 11:10 AM

It may not be pleasent to fight against Bofors and Mortar Pit, but there´s nothing wrong with those units themselves.

try it on rails&metal, not only city 17
12 Jun 2016, 11:23 AM

https://www.coh2.org/guides/53031/hans-tip-of-the-week-13-countering-sim-cities

I don´t have need to add here anything else than this. Try this guide and youll never have problems with them ;)
12 Jun 2016, 11:59 AM

Best suggestion I've heard for ost dealing with sim city is a flame halftrack and mortar firing smoke rounds. When bofor is all smoked out, attack ground with flames. Even brace doesn't save emplacements from decent flame damage. Must watch out for at guns though... Can smoke them too. Its probably the most satisfying way to end their game. They usually quit after that. Also don't forget once smoke round has fired, attack ground with the regular mortar rounds too.
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

unknown 61

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight