Login

russian armor

I'm Officially moving to Germans From Now

15 Jul 2013, 14:12 PM

I don't know what they done in the patch apart from the Maxim changes but I can't win with Soviets now.

I was never a Maxim spammer so that change didn't hurt me but whatever other changes they've made have really helped the German side. I played literally 32 hours worth of online play with Russians and since the patch something feels wrong somewhere in the balance, I just can't work out what...
15 Jul 2013, 14:32 PM

Hm, maybe you could upload some replays of games where you didn't know what held you back? Then people might be able to point out mistakes and help you.

Switching nations in itself isn't bad and may help you learn their weaknesses. However, switching nations just to play the slightly stronger one even though you don't enjoy it won't make you enjoy the game either.
So I'd suggest to try the Germans for a bit until you find something that works very well against you and then try it yourself as Soviets :)
15 Jul 2013, 14:47 PM

Yeah, I guess that would be the best idea as I enjoy the Soviet play style, just nothing seems to work well for them no more.

It's a bit like Hitler vs David Cameron(British PM) in a war at the moment. Hitler throws all these units at Dave but Dave can't counter as he decided to cut military spending and tone down the army.
16 Jul 2013, 01:09 AM

Strafe shuts down Russians too hard, that's the main problem.

When I was playing against more +lvl 45, the moment they hit the I Win button, there's nothing I can do.

ATM, the game is more balanced for 2v2s than 1v1s.
16 Jul 2013, 10:01 AM

Thankfully, playing against the level 70s and 80s, some must have gotten bored of using it, so good games can still happen ^_^
16 Jul 2013, 12:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2013, 10:01 AMFunkeh
Thankfully, playing against the level 70s and 80s, some must have gotten bored of using it, so good games can still happen ^_^

Although that's nice to hear, I'm kinda annoyed that I have to grind before I get to that stage -_-

Seriously, do I have to play Germans till lvl 60 and then play russians...
16 Jul 2013, 14:18 PM
Honorary Member Badge

wait wtf why can't you just play both...
16 Jul 2013, 15:22 PM

Because the Russians are my babies who must defeat the Nazi regime.
16 Jul 2013, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2013, 01:09 AMhubewa
Strafe shuts down Russians too hard, that's the main problem.

When I was playing against more +lvl 45, the moment they hit the I Win button, there's nothing I can do.

ATM, the game is more balanced for 2v2s than 1v1s.

the moment you build 2 m5 with anti air upgrade and see their planes pummel to the ground. blissss.
17 Jul 2013, 19:50 PM

the moment you build 2 m5 with anti air upgrade and see their planes pummel to the ground. blissss.

That's a lot of time and resource investment to TRY to counter one button that's very very cheap doesn't count towards your cap. Its very broken atm.

The truth is the OP is right. from a 60-65% winning ratio in all brackets i'm now around 30% since the patch. Good German players are now using the bunker spam tactic more and more with actual MGs crews and motors and later PAKs to back it up (very hard to flank) then tech asap to P4s. Its really hard to counter early game. Pretty much the Maxim spam was replaced with the MG / bunker spam on the German side. You can try getting T70s fast but as soon as the P4 is out, its over.
17 Jul 2013, 21:22 PM

is not a lot to me i can really get some value out of those m5 the strafing run is not free you are denying 150+ munitions lost for ever.

1m5 is 120man 30fuel +60~80 munis for the upgrade

upgraded m5 is a reinforce point and safe haven for infantry a high value bait for tanks, and a powerful call in deny.

i recently fought against one that used bunkers. and it did not went well for him.
18 Jul 2013, 07:14 AM

1 M5 is enough unless they are literally spamming strafe off cooldown. Sometimes however they don't do their job as well as I'd like.
2 Aug 2013, 16:00 PM
Patrion 15

God the bunker spam....Such a cheap plug and forget tactic. Its frustrating dealing with that, and mgs in buildings. Snipers can't hit a damn thing in buildings, which I don't understand, and mortars take at least 2-3 barrages to actually inflict casualties. I feel like the only reliable option to deal with mg building hopping is clown car with either a flame engie or penal battalion with a flamer.
3 Aug 2013, 14:06 PM

If you think a certain strategy is overpowered, you should use it. If you think Germans are overpowered right now, try them out and do what you think is overpowered. It benefits you as a player and the metagame itself.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★