Login

russian armor

"F- word" issues

15 Jun 2016, 14:31 PM

So... why is it allowable for units to use those words without censorship, but not for me or other players? It doesn't make sense!

People play together. Having some people acting unsportsmanlike and rude is not good climate for people playing together. Go ask a random competing sportsman about it and you will find that they try to minimize obnoxious behaviour there too. It's not ok to spit at eachother and calling the opponent bad names. They get penalised for such behaviour.

Wow, if had you asked me 20 years ago, I never would've guessed I would sit here today and try to explain to adults why it's not ok to insult others. I probably would've thought I would be teaching such to my kids.
15 Jun 2016, 14:56 PM

Yep, pretty much. In many sports you get carded for swearing. Part of sportsmanship is all it is.
15 Jun 2016, 15:15 PM
Benefactor 392

you know all spite the whole cencorship stuff, i think relic did a good job with it, they took something that'd seem malicious towards a person and made it kind of funny.

instead of someone calling me a shithead, it'd me puddinghead. and in all it's kind of amusing. and it eases my game up. makes me enjoy myself more and calms me out of all things.

for this i think relic did an amazing job
15 Jun 2016, 15:38 PM
Donator 11

Im mature enough for not to be insulted by words of unknown for me people in internets :D It's sometimes even fun, to see rageburst of your opponents, when they lose, it only forcing you to win more and more.

And as I said - there are billion of other ways how to trigger your opponent with insults. Nazi-behavior is kinda popular for that, for example. It's way more effectve, than writing curse words, but curse words are banned, and nazi-words aren't. Logic?

Btw: money doesn't smell. Guess SEGA knows it really good.

I really don't care if someone I play against is a nazi, communist, belives in reptilian or chemitrails or whatever. It doesn't affect me in any way becouse its his problem, not mine. But once he starts shittalking me, it becomes my problem. Just becouse he says it directly to me. And I think the current system is not enough. It makes the words funnier but after a while I read exactly what the other person ment, not what relic shows me just becouse it can be deducted from censored statement. So in fact any random player I happen to play against can make me read whatever he desires. I said he can make me read that becouse it appeares in the middle left of screen and is perfectly visible for a long time, as opposed to for example in-game notifications. There should be an option to simply block chat with opponents (the team chat is worth seeing and often constructive).
20 Jun 2016, 15:05 PM

you know all spite the whole cencorship stuff, i think relic did a good job with it, they took something that'd seem malicious towards a person and made it kind of funny.

instead of someone calling me a shithead, it'd me puddinghead. and in all it's kind of amusing. and it eases my game up. makes me enjoy myself more and calms me out of all things.

for this i think relic did an amazing job

Totally agree.
20 Jun 2016, 15:19 PM

This thread is serious?

Are there really people who can't tell immersive unit comments from angry 11-yo who would love to scream in your ear how he plows your mom?

In terms of censorship, relic did best job ever with that, much better then traditional *** or %@!^.
20 Jun 2016, 15:25 PM

It really does look stupid to have useless words in middle of your sentence doesn't it?

You may ask yourself, why did you put those there in the first place anyway?
20 Jun 2016, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2016, 15:19 PMKatitof
This thread is serious?

Are there really people who can't tell immersive unit comments from angry 11-yo who would love to scream in your ear how he plows your mom?

In terms of censorship, relic did best job ever with that, much better then traditional *** or %@!^.

When you go to internet, you must always be ready, that your mom will be "plowed" at least 1000 times per day. I just find that censorship ridiculous. Saying curse words by players can be same "immersive" as by units. And it is funny, if you are psychologicaly normal and know, what internet is and who lives here (11 yo momplowers, as you said).
20 Jun 2016, 17:22 PM
Donator 11

While its all in the clear i still don't get why people insist of using swear words with the "free speech argument..".

It's a design decision / a software restriction, but hey I still insist of doing so.

you like it if your mum gets called {randommumjoke} ? :loco:

Just my naive question...

OT: Relic did a great job for this gardening pudding moments of trashtalk ingame. ^^
nee
20 Jun 2016, 19:52 PM

You know what's REALLY funny?

Mandatory swear filter in the game...but not in their official forums. Yes, there is no garden there, only fucks.
20 Jun 2016, 20:15 PM
Patrion 14

There are admins and moderators here to clean up, so no need for autocensors.
20 Jun 2016, 22:54 PM
Patrion 27

My favorite part is you can still tell someone to "suck my (richard)" and it won't censor.
22 Jun 2016, 03:33 AM

When you go to internet, you must always be ready, that your mom will be "plowed" at least 1000 times per day. I just find that censorship ridiculous. Saying curse words by players can be same "immersive" as by units. And it is funny, if you are psychologicaly normal and know, what internet is and who lives here (11 yo momplowers, as you said).

What your generation lacks in respect, it certainly outweighs it in tolerance. Respect, I guess, is something we only associate with rap music nowadays. You do know how many of us were around here even before you got your hands on the internet? Not that it matters, I know there is no changing it now.

I couldn´t care less about what some random dude from across the world wants to do with my mother, but if they really wanted to, they could ask for her contact information after the match. During the match it only makes me question myself for having something in common (coh) with the children spewing those insults.

There´s a time and place for swearing and I overdo it myself, but if it´s the only way of communication for you then it might be too late (you said you were "mature enough"). The system currently in place definitely keeps my blood pressure stable so that´s certainly a plus.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★