Login

russian armor

But I Like My Duplicates

7 Jun 2016, 22:03 PM

Once again Relic does an asinine decision. I had 3 armor duplicates, 3 reload duplicates etc. assigned for different commander loads, this gave me an edge on a certain category but now I have to choose one of each category which is which doesn't make a significant difference in the battlefield. The duplicates gave a strategic focus on how one would play the game. I hope Relic realizes their mistake and return duplicates for Bulletins.

Now I raise my shield against all the conformists fanboys that will attack me.
7 Jun 2016, 22:12 PM

Once again Relic does an asinine decision. I had 3 armor duplicates, 3 reload duplicates etc. assigned for different commander loads, this gave me an edge on a certain category but now I have to choose one of each category which is which doesn't make a significant difference in the battlefield. The duplicates gave a strategic focus on how one would play the game. I hope Relic realizes their mistake and return duplicates for Bulletins.

More like they are allow you to abuse sertain bulletins dupes
7 Jun 2016, 22:14 PM

Maybe you should have objected before the patch actually hit? There was like a month for testing and feedback.
7 Jun 2016, 22:16 PM

Here comes the obligatory <Revert x change, I dont like it> type of thread.
7 Jun 2016, 22:39 PM

Bulletins were a mistake. They should have never been implemented in the first place, although I do enjoy reading their historical flavor text.
7 Jun 2016, 23:06 PM

Yeah bulletins are really bad-designed.

The stacking was the only reason to use them, but now it's gone. It should be better to just adjust some bulletins which make the stacking abusive but ...

Rip in piece bulletins. At least you gave us some supplies.
7 Jun 2016, 23:38 PM

Maybe you should have objected before the patch actually hit? There was like a month for testing and feedback.
There were quite some people complaining about it here months before.

I don´t like it either. The concept of bulletins is senseless again. They used to be unstackable (as there were no duplicates) when Coh2 was just released. Then they allowed stacking. Now they reverted this. Another part of me is happy that stacking isn´t allowed as everybody would try to use the 3x riflemen vet on their blobs asap.

So I have no real opinion on this.

I enjoy the skins + commanders. I´m not going to invest in a single bulletin. And that is kind of sad as bulletin collecting was a part of the game (which now gets replaced by commander and skin collecting).
8 Jun 2016, 00:40 AM

i completely agree, this change makes 75% of the bulletins useless. such as %2 percent harder to hit.... lol 2%
8 Jun 2016, 00:43 AM

The issue was raised heavily in the beta. Relic did not respond. Allowing dupes of one thing and not others probably would have been more effort than it was worth. Likewise, rebalancing bulletins to be effective on their own is a whole other deal that they probably don't have the manpower for.

The bulletin system was never good in any iteration, anyway. Considering you can cash in your duplicate bulletins for other stuff that actually makes the game more fun, I say forget about them.

Also, Relic may already be working on something.

Suck it up, move on. Enjoy your new toys from the store.
8 Jun 2016, 00:49 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

lol, the bulletins aren't supposed to have a significant impact on the game. stacking wasn't intended. No more BS stacks like 3 x 10% rifleman vet, 3 x shreck, etc.

Do you really need these to play the game? ofc not.......
8 Jun 2016, 01:34 AM

Stacked bulletins were always kind of cheesy and abusive, TBH.

Besides which, they were one more thing that made this game a nightmare to learn.
8 Jun 2016, 02:09 AM
Senior Caster Badge

lol, the bulletins aren't supposed to have a significant impact on the game. stacking wasn't intended. No more BS stacks like 3 x 10% rifleman vet, 3 x shreck, etc.

Do you really need these to play the game? ofc not.......

FeelsBadMan
8 Jun 2016, 02:34 AM

Once again Relic does an asinine decision.

Well then, you should have participated in the Open beta and completed the survey that said "no I want to stack".
OOK
8 Jun 2016, 05:33 AM

But but but... how can I make ostwind useful again without stacking the suppression bulletin. *)
8 Jun 2016, 05:41 AM

I didn't like stacking from the standpoint players could just "farm" for them without any actual game effort. I wouldn't mind stacking if players actually "worked" for them, instead of turning on the computer and walking away.

Now, the playing field is equal. My $0.02.
8 Jun 2016, 06:01 AM

I had 3 OStwind front MG supression bulletin and with it OSwind was a slaughter machine vs infantry.. would suppress even green cover infantry in first burst.. ridiculous and ppl were saying i was hacking coz they dint understand where the supression was coming from an ostwind :P ..

they did the right thing bulletins shouldnt be a game changer.. it should just be a small boost
8 Jun 2016, 11:35 AM
Patrion 14

They should just scrap all bulletins. The system is beyond redemption and only serves to obscure the loot screens and draw attention from glorious skins and commanders.

If Relic wanted to really enrich the game, they would delete the existing bulletins and issue like... dunno, 10 new ones per army, but really effective ones. And every player gets ONE bulletin slot in the loadout. That way the bulletins become a way to differentiate your army, you pick one area where you want a significant bonus.

The upside is, they could make it MORE powerful than three stacked bulletins. Something as strong and army-defining as basically a 6th commander ability.

Examples: All tanks +15% experience. MG42 +20% rate of fire. Elite mortars - barrage cooldown -33%, max mortar range +10. OKW Panzerschreck cost -50% (now that it's not gonna be on Volks any more). Rear Echelons gain extra squadmember (so up to 6 with vet3). Su76 armour piercing rounds bulletin that adds a timed ability to the Su76. Combined power of 3 Ostwind suppressions in one Ostwind suppression uberbulletin. A bulletin that moves the T34/76 to T3. Ost PzIV comes with skirts and gets a different, offensive vet2 bonus. Gain free conscript squad with every T4 unit built. Sky is the limit.

Sure, this is not gonna happen, and sure, some of them would be OP as hell. That's why you can tweak the numbers. But it would be nice if bulletins actually did something. As long as every army has a selection of hugely powerful bulletins, balance would not suffer and the game would be more diverse.

The only thing I would avoid is core infantry bulletins that affect early to mid game. But at the same time the bulletins themselves could be used to fix some issues people perceive factions have. So "5th Grenadier squadmember" bulletin is a definite no-no, but "gain 5th grenadier squadmember after researching battle phase III" bulletin could work. Yes it is powerful but if you have that bulletin equipped then you are passing on other bulletins' bonuses such as uber MG42s, uber Ostwinds, or skirted Panzer IVs.

Best part? Relic could then sell these bulletins for the same supply cost as a commander. Hell, since they love their cash grabs, they could release bulletin packs for actual money. How is buying 5 superpowered bulletins different from buying 1 commander? Imagine that - unlike commanders, there is no need to make new models or units, or design new sound files. Just make powerful bulletins that fiddle with the stats of individual units or groups of units, slap an icon on it, and sell them in packs of 5.
8 Jun 2016, 11:56 AM

8 Jun 2016, 11:56 AM
Donator 11

Unless they have removed some of the bulletins there are some things you can do limited stacking on - like some infantry accuracy ones where you have a 3%, 2% and 1% version -
8 Jun 2016, 12:27 PM

They should just scrap all bulletins. The system is beyond redemption and only serves to obscure the loot screens and draw attention from glorious skins and commanders.

If Relic wanted to really enrich the game, they would delete the existing bulletins and issue like... dunno, 10 new ones per army, but really effective ones. And every player gets ONE bulletin slot in the loadout. That way the bulletins become a way to differentiate your army, you pick one area where you want a significant bonus.

The upside is, they could make it MORE powerful than three stacked bulletins. Something as strong and army-defining as basically a 6th commander ability.

Examples: All tanks +15% experience. MG42 +20% rate of fire. Elite mortars - barrage cooldown -33%, max mortar range +10. OKW Panzerschreck cost -50% (now that it's not gonna be on Volks any more). Rear Echelons gain extra squadmember (so up to 6 with vet3). Su76 armour piercing rounds bulletin that adds a timed ability to the Su76. Combined power of 3 Ostwind suppressions in one Ostwind suppression uberbulletin. A bulletin that moves the T34/76 to T3. Ost PzIV comes with skirts and gets a different, offensive vet2 bonus. Gain free conscript squad with every T4 unit built. Sky is the limit.

Sure, this is not gonna happen, and sure, some of them would be OP as hell. That's why you can tweak the numbers. But it would be nice if bulletins actually did something. As long as every army has a selection of hugely powerful bulletins, balance would not suffer and the game would be more diverse.

The only thing I would avoid is core infantry bulletins that affect early to mid game. But at the same time the bulletins themselves could be used to fix some issues people perceive factions have. So "5th Grenadier squadmember" bulletin is a definite no-no, but "gain 5th grenadier squadmember after researching battle phase III" bulletin could work. Yes it is powerful but if you have that bulletin equipped then you are passing on other bulletins' bonuses such as uber MG42s, uber Ostwinds, or skirted Panzer IVs.

Best part? Relic could then sell these bulletins for the same supply cost as a commander. Hell, since they love their cash grabs, they could release bulletin packs for actual money. How is buying 5 superpowered bulletins different from buying 1 commander? Imagine that - unlike commanders, there is no need to make new models or units, or design new sound files. Just make powerful bulletins that fiddle with the stats of individual units or groups of units, slap an icon on it, and sell them in packs of 5.

Good post.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 1
Germany 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak