Login

russian armor

"Target vehicles" option with Panzerschrecks

"Target vehicule only" for infantry Anti-tank weapons ?
Option Distribution Votes
69%
31%
0%
Total votes: 26
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
7 Jun 2016, 01:29 AM

Hi

This suggestion has certainly already been proposed, but I wanted to know your opinion on it.

It's simple, just add the " Target vehicle only " option on Panzerschrecks. ( or at least on PanzerGrenadiers since they work like a mobile AT unit once equiped. )

In a huge fight, it can be difficult to micro your 'Schreck unit to dodge artillery and grenades and shoot at the vehicles at the same moment. Somtimes the AI just lose the focus on the vehicle and start targeting infantry, and quickly the 2 rockets are wasted before you can react.

Same thing for the attack move. You know that there is a low hp vehicle hiding somewhere and you just attack move your unit while you manage something else. But too bad, a riflemen squad pop out of nowhere and take the Schreck hits, so they're wasted and the vehicle can escape.

And many many other examples ...

I don't want a " Ignore infantry " button for the entire squad, just a " Target vehicle only " option for the guys carrying the Schrecks, like for AT guns.

What do you think about it ?

Oh i forgot to tell, but obviously, goes the same for Bazooka and PIAT.
7 Jun 2016, 01:36 AM

the first person to hate shreck snipes. Praise God Kappa Now people are gonna think this is a troll thread.
7 Jun 2016, 02:39 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's not how the game works. Either the whole squad does nothing to infantry or you won't get what you desire.
7 Jun 2016, 02:50 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

That's not how the game works. Either the whole squad does nothing to infantry or you won't get what you desire.

Think I saw Australian Magic claim there's basically a bug that can allow a tank's upgraded pintle MG attack infantry with Target Vehicles on so it's probably technically possible, but considering the former's unintended behaviour it'd no doubt be very finicky, especially with infantry models dropping the weapon.
7 Jun 2016, 04:28 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2016, 02:50 AMVuther

Think I saw Australian Magic claim there's basically a bug that can allow a tank's upgraded pintle MG attack infantry with Target Vehicles on so it's probably technically possible, but considering the former's unintended behaviour it'd no doubt be very finicky, especially with infantry models dropping the weapon.

I thought this was a feature
7 Jun 2016, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2016, 02:50 AMVuther

Yea.
But I belive the bug works opposite. I belive MG should always fire at infantry and the bug makes in impossible when you upraded it with "hold fire" but if you upgrade it first and then click "hold fire" MG will still shoot at infantry (or opposite, don't rememeber).

So it's possible to some degree I guess...
7 Jun 2016, 18:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yea.
But I belive the bug works opposite. I belive MG should always fire at infantry and the bug makes in impossible when you upraded it with "hold fire" but if you upgrade it first and then click "hold fire" MG will still shoot at infantry (or opposite, don't rememeber).

So it's possible to some degree I guess...

I think it's the opposite. You can make the MG fire as long as you have hold fire activated when upgraded. If you toggle it, prioritize vehicle will affect the MG as well.

7 Jun 2016, 18:43 PM

I think it's the opposite. You can make the MG fire as long as you have hold fire activated when upgraded. If you toggle it, prioritize vehicle will affect the MG as well.

No, there is a way that MG will still fire even when vehicle priority is ON.
I will test it tonight.
____
Ok, it;s totaly fucked up.

If you turn priority ON and then upgrade MG, the MG will shoot at infanntry.

BUT

If you turn priority OFF and ON again, the MG won't shoot at infantry anymore, so turn ON, upgrade and keep it - gg lelic.

So like you said, but one more thing:

If you have priority ON and manually order to attack infantry, main gun will shoot but the MG will not - even better gg lelic.
7 Jun 2016, 18:58 PM
Donator 11

I think that attack vehicles button should be removed from all units. Instead, all primarly AT units including tank destroyers, AT guns and AT infantry (every model picks its own target so its possible without loosing AI) should shoot only at vehicles by default. The only option to shoot at infantry with dedicated AT weapon should be attack ground.

As a counterweight, all these weapons should get normal AoE, like all other tanks and guns do. That way if you can spare micro on manually shooting with an AT gun you can kill some attacking soldiers with it but if you are busy on the other part of the map it won't fire useless shells on infantry but try to pick the vehicles. It will also reduce random snipes to 0, every snipe done with AT weapon would be a showcase of mixture of some luck and a lot more micro and skill, instead of just tremendous luck like in current version.

I also confess that I have thought about it taking realism in consideration, current TDs and AT guns shooting their 75mm guns under the feet of a soldier and doing completely nothing look just stupid, why would anybody shoot at infantry with an AP round?

Oh and btw exactly in the same way all AI units, especially snipers should never shoot at any vehicle without a direct command. Soldiers shooting at a tank with their rifles instead of hiding behind the nearest cover look like dumasses. Becouse these units have no attack ground command they could still get the ability to shoot at vehicle you like by right clicking on it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 42
United States 3
United States 12
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %