Login

russian armor

British in 1v1 = underpowered

5 Jun 2016, 17:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2016, 15:21 PMRollo

If a flame HT or luch gets rushed and he dives your single AT gun, gg. Soviets/USF can at least deal with that by having AT nades. So you need two 6pounders for a single luch, which is just dumb and again makes the AEC a necessity to balance your AI/AT army composition.

Thats why i always have special weapons regiment commander in 1 slot if i see a light vehicle spam i use the IS with AT rifle they are very good vs light vehicles and will turn the tide.. that commander is also good for late game play HOld the line is awsome when used at the right moment.

If you can keep your sniper alive his crtical shot ability acts as snare you can keep vehicles at bay if he spams multiple vehicles bring in AT rifle IS.
5 Jun 2016, 18:03 PM

Entire point of UKF is to slowly expand across map, always defend, until you win through attrition
5 Jun 2016, 18:19 PM

A double shooting mortar that reaches about 75% of the area on certain 1v1 maps can't be UP.

of course. its needs the same area of damage as sturmtiger. pls buff brits
5 Jun 2016, 18:34 PM

Thats why i always have special weapons regiment commander in 1 slot if i see a light vehicle spam i use the IS with AT rifle they are very good vs light vehicles and will turn the tide.. that commander is also good for late game play HOld the line is awsome when used at the right moment.

If you can keep your sniper alive his crtical shot ability acts as snare you can keep vehicles at bay if he spams multiple vehicles bring in AT rifle IS.

Tank hunters scale pretty badly, one squad alone can not deal with flame HT/luch or chase it down like an AEC can. The halftrack is expensive and delays your cromwell (look at my command PIV point, those things and scav Ostwinds come early in 1vs1 so you need a tank asap to keep map control).

Croc is okay but depends on him wasting his fuel, otherwise he can quite easily field loads of PIV's or a KT by the same time you can afford one.

Honestly the only way brits can fight on a non-UP level with Ost/OKW is the two latest DLC commanders. The Land mattress and engie flamers are a godsend in 1vs1
5 Jun 2016, 21:19 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2016, 16:12 PMwouren

Yeah I read that. You do include all of the upgrades in your calculation, in which British have the most of (anvil, bolster, weapon racks, grenades, etc. ) not all of which get used every match.

I use your small arms sheet for weapon reference though. Keep up the good work.

trying to fight upgraded volks or grenadier with just your basic tommy leave you with a serious disadvantage.

The british can probably rush tank faster than anyone else in the game, but that doesn't mean it is safe. lmg42/stg44 and 222/luch will severely punish british player who skip too many tech.

and it's not like both axis will buy all their tech either. Most ost player only go up to t3 in a 1v1. Even with the new side tech, the okw's repair pio is still entirely skippable.
5 Jun 2016, 21:30 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Good point.
6 Jun 2016, 09:28 AM

Yes, Firefly and Cromwell are nice, BUT When a P4 comes at you AND 2 units of OKW with Shreks. you cannot win this. Alone they can take the tank but since Piats are not as good as Shreks they just come at you and destroy everything. It gets annoying. I've had a P4 and a few units of Shreks just running around the map chasing me away from everything. This is just a P4. IF they get a Panther you might as well quit. Don't tell me about anti-tank guns because when luck has it that I DO have one I can't defend it with piats so the P4 or Panther just drives right around it and kill it. I literally cannot have an Anti-tank gun, Sniper, MG and Bren upgraded tommies at all 3 vic points :)
maybe one of them, but that won't win the game. And my emplacements are getting turned into dust by those damn infantry support guns with the super range plus bonus damage to emplacements.
I might go back to Russians in 1v1.
yes, this is a rant. It happened again last night. lol
Can't take it anymore.
I actually don't have problems in the early game. I'm good with the Infantry early. It's when the first P4 comes out and I have to start running away from everything on the map that I start to lose.

Kite the 2 shrek unit ? Firefly range is really good, and he can kill a full health medium tank in 2 sec with Tulip, You can even crush is shrek squad really easily with Cromwell rotation speed
6 Jun 2016, 20:26 PM

Kite the 2 shrek unit ? Firefly range is really good, and he can kill a full health medium tank in 2 sec with Tulip, You can even crush is shrek squad really easily with Cromwell rotation speed

Honestly, it all goes to hell before I get the Firefly. I can't kite shreks squads when a P4 is shooting me. I can't shoot the P4 while the shreks are hitting me. I like the Cromwell, but a 2 shrek units and a P4 seem to be unstoppable (without a Firefly and someone to spot).
I've also had a problem with my friend keeping a shrek squad up front with a Luchs behind. I can't get vision on the Luchs for my Cromwell to shoot (cause the Luchs obliterates any unit trying to get close enough) and I can't get my Cromwell any closer due to the Shreks. so, he sorta plays Sim City with a Luchs and a Shrek squad or two :)
which it kinda funny cause I'm Brits.
How would I get Vision on the Luchs for my Cromwell to take it out? without getting in range of the shreks?
I need to watch some more Brit replays I guess...
I think I'm building in the wrong order. BACK TO SCHOOL!
Who has some good Brit replays?? I like Imperial Dane but he normally plays Axis.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★