Login

russian armor

British in 1v1 = underpowered

5 Jun 2016, 03:09 AM

I've been playing a tons with them lately, it's always the same problem of being late and bleeding manpower.

Their starting units cost way too much, occupying the map in the earliest is a big struggle, it's not a struggle, it's impossible.
Their Light tank is barely worth it, only good for scouting and when you absolutely need to destroy a luchs or sdfkz, after this, it has no use, just useless garbage if you don't have piats (which are garbage too)

Everything costs fuel with them.
Their Tier 3 cost 280MP 115 FUEL, what the fuck was relic smoking for fuck sakes?

I bet the only think they thought is that their tank are the best so they should cost a lot.
The problem is that it takes too much time to build tanks as british to counter tanks, and that's EVEN when you control all the fuel.

Too much time to build infanty, too much time to occupy the map, too much time to arm up, to much time to clear garrisoned MGs, too much time to tech up.

And people ask why British are doing sim city?
It's the only viable tactic to destroy both tanks and infantry.

aaa
5 Jun 2016, 03:43 AM

+1
5 Jun 2016, 03:53 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

British tech is less expensive than other tech. They are a little UP in 1v1, but they win a lot too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwlrw64V-uk
5 Jun 2016, 04:32 AM

I've been playing a tons with them lately, it's always the same problem of being late and bleeding manpower.

Their starting units cost way too much, occupying the map in the earliest is a big struggle, it's not a struggle, it's impossible.

I disagree, somewhat. Early map presence is definitely a British issue, but the expensive units are initially worth the price. T2 is also pretty quick for the Brits and sappers are pretty solid (vet 3 is OP, Bren is better then Tommy version, no no-cover malus, cheaper) which partially alleviates the issue.

Their Light tank is barely worth it, only good for scouting and when you absolutely need to destroy a luchs or sdfkz, after this, it has no use, just useless garbage if you don't have piats (which are garbage too)

All three light vehicles are trash for the Brits. The Bren isn't horrid, but its pathing gets it killed and its health is too low for a combat-oriented light vehicle, especially one the Brits need to remove garrisons. Put the 15 fuel back on and boost its HP so it has 320 when it upgrades.

AEC is meh. Compared to the puma, it should have less AT for more AI, but its AI is entirely in the coax at short range, which it'll never be able to use thanks to both Grens and Volks having a faust. I would say buff the MG's long range accuracy a bit and maybe increase turret rotation a little. On a side note, Tread Breaker is a glitchy, stupid mess that's blatantly overpowered when it works. It needs to be evened out.

Valentine is straight up awful. It needs the to come earlier, its main gun needs to be good against infantry and do 120 damage again and its maphack needs to be toned down to IR levels or replaced with a spotting-scope style passive.

Also, PIATs are actually pretty good, but only against heavy armor. Their midgame AT wouldn't be an issue though if either the Valentine or AEC were worth getting.

Everything costs fuel with them, and it's not like it's free.
Their Tier 3 cost 280MP 115 FUEL, what the fuck was relic smoking for fuck sakes?

This actually makes sense. In the big picture, they only pay 145 total to tech mediums, which is really damn cheap. Sidetech slows it down, but its quite possible to avoid getting Bofors or AEC with Tank Hunters or 5 Man Squads Mobile Assault.

I bet the only think they thought is that their tank are the best so they should cost a lot.
The problem is that it takes too much time to build tanks as british to counter tanks, and that's EVEN when you control all the fuel.

I don't see this. The only way for that to happen is to blow a ton of fuel on upgrades and AEC/Bofors.

Too much time to build infanty, too much time to occupy the map, too much time to arm up, to much time to clear garrisoned MGs, too much time to tech up.

I disagree. I do think Brits need some buffs here and there (along with REs getting looked at and emplacements receiving much-needed changes), but it is possible to play mobile Brits. It just requires Special Weapons/Mobile Assault or damn good sniper micro.
5 Jun 2016, 05:44 AM

I disagree, there are still top players winning as Brits , yes they struggle at very beginning of game a little but thats by design i think.. I feel they are balanced you just need to adapt and make effective use of thier units. your seeing negative things but they have postives as well ..
5 Jun 2016, 06:01 AM

I disagree, there are still top players winning as Brits , yes they struggle at very beginning of game a little but thats by design i think.. I feel they are balanced you just need to adapt and make effective use of thier units. your seeing negative things but they have postives as well ..

So just as long as there are people like Jove or Luvnest winning with every faction, it means there is no problem?

Thanks genius.

5 Jun 2016, 06:08 AM

So just as long as there are people like Jove or Luvnest winning with every faction, it means there is no problem?

Thanks genius.

off course dont you get it ?? if they can do it so can we if we practice and have right attitude to learn.. if balance the game for noobs then there is no incentive to be better at the game ..
5 Jun 2016, 07:44 AM

Their early game lacks. But as soon as the first cromwell comes out, which is the best medium tank in the game, the momentum shifts. Combine this with a pak40 clone, some of the most powerful off map abilities, very powerful (to my opinion too powerful) emplacements, strong main line infantry, a powerful alternative to the panther, the best flame tank in the game and a sniper that can stun and damage vehicles.

Their synergy is the strongest of any faction.
5 Jun 2016, 08:13 AM

TBH as a "medium" player (about rank 200) I have the least problems winning with UKF.
You build a mortar near or in your base that deals constand bleed and is as good as invincible.

The tanks are also great. A Firefly kills all Ostheer mediums in 1 shot if both Tulips hit which is not that hard. Also the Vickers is IMO the best MG in the game en par with the MG42.

I know, I know against very aggressive play, UKF has big problems, but in the non-pro range of ranks you won't see that aggression.

This is somehow right, for the bleed against OKW blobs you need at least one mortar, but I don't think that the USF lacks AT tanks as the Firefly is imo the best standard tank hunter in the game (without its pathing issues). The Cromwell is an extremely good medium (don't know how it will change without the crush).

Most people forget about the British AT gun which is almost the same as a PaK40 and has a great range.
5 Jun 2016, 08:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2016, 03:53 AMwouren
British tech is less expensive than other tech. They are a little UP in 1v1, but they win a lot too:

things went better when Bofors has been built

280 and 30

for sure
5 Jun 2016, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2016, 03:53 AMwouren

check my signature, I've already tallied the tech cost.

the british total tech cost is about as high as the other four faction. I would say a bit higher in the preview mod actually.

5 Jun 2016, 10:49 AM

Tech prices is fine. British units and upgrades are worth their price.
5 Jun 2016, 10:58 AM

Not really underpowered, but they should get a non-doc snare on either engineers or vickers.
5 Jun 2016, 11:15 AM

Better term for British - "abusable" lets say. While in general brits are more or less fine, when enemy know how to abuse certain strategies and units against Brits, game become really frustrating and un-funny to play for brits.

But main thing is why British are somehow in MP - because of some overperforing stuff.
5 Jun 2016, 12:40 PM

off course dont you get it ?? if they can do it so can we if we practice and have right attitude to learn.. if balance the game for noobs then there is no incentive to be better at the game ..

Being better at the game doesn't mean being the best at it, ie the first few ranks of the ladders.
5 Jun 2016, 14:05 PM

A double shooting mortar that reaches about 75% of the area on certain 1v1 maps can't be UP.
5 Jun 2016, 15:21 PM

The biggest draw back for brits in 1vs1 is their over reliance on the AEC, and general lack of adaptability to deal with light vehicles without an infantry snare.

If a flame HT or luch gets rushed and he dives your single AT gun, gg. Soviets/USF can at least deal with that by having AT nades. So you need two 6pounders for a single luch, which is just dumb and again makes the AEC a necessity to balance your AI/AT army composition.

Then there's the constant worry if you spend too much fuel on side tech (say you lose your initial AEC and replace it, or need a Mattress to deal with turtling support weapon blob) diverting on the road to Cromwell usually ends up in you being clubbed by the Command PIV that walks all over your AEC and sniper.

5 Jun 2016, 16:12 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

check my signature, I've already tallied the tech cost.

the british total tech cost is about as high as the other four faction. I would say a bit higher in the preview mod actually.

Yeah I read that. You do include all of the upgrades in your calculation, in which British have the most of (anvil, bolster, weapon racks, grenades, etc. ) not all of which get used every match.

I use your small arms sheet for weapon reference though. Keep up the good work.
5 Jun 2016, 16:41 PM

Yes, Firefly and Cromwell are nice, BUT When a P4 comes at you AND 2 units of OKW with Shreks. you cannot win this. Alone they can take the tank but since Piats are not as good as Shreks they just come at you and destroy everything. It gets annoying. I've had a P4 and a few units of Shreks just running around the map chasing me away from everything. This is just a P4. IF they get a Panther you might as well quit. Don't tell me about anti-tank guns because when luck has it that I DO have one I can't defend it with piats so the P4 or Panther just drives right around it and kill it. I literally cannot have an Anti-tank gun, Sniper, MG and Bren upgraded tommies at all 3 vic points :)
maybe one of them, but that won't win the game. And my emplacements are getting turned into dust by those damn infantry support guns with the super range plus bonus damage to emplacements.
I might go back to Russians in 1v1.
yes, this is a rant. It happened again last night. lol
Can't take it anymore.
I actually don't have problems in the early game. I'm good with the Infantry early. It's when the first P4 comes out and I have to start running away from everything on the map that I start to lose.
5 Jun 2016, 16:56 PM

The problem with Brit is that they rely on cheese and being on receiving end of cheese too much: Cancer abuse, Nuke nade abuse... Osttruppen spam, Sniper cheese, Flame HT cheese, 222 spam, Luch base rape... Brit is bad design since the beginning, removing emplacements and give mobile mortar, snare will give them a more balanced play.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★