Login

russian armor

Next patch: War Spoils Update

7 Jun 2016, 13:00 PM

Off to salvage and hold thumbs to get enough to buy pershing and calli.

i am the only one to think that "Daily Loot Limit" is stupid ?
7 Jun 2016, 13:39 PM

it is there only becouse there are chater making mods to get alot ofm supplies
7 Jun 2016, 13:43 PM

That are twelve games per day. I think that is enough. That´s about 6-8 hours of playtime every day I would estimate. I´m also more curious how they are going to find out who scripted their bulletins and who didn´t.
7 Jun 2016, 13:51 PM

it is there only becouse there are chater making mods to get alot ofm supplies

Find a way to fight against those mods ?
7 Jun 2016, 14:23 PM

Now they just need to make a crap ton of skins, decals, and a bunch of new commanders so that you can either earn them or pay the quick money to get them faster. Relic could be rolling in the dough :D
7 Jun 2016, 15:07 PM

The limit is there to encourage normal play. The vast majority of players will never approach it, and those that will are going to be playing another day anyway.
7 Jun 2016, 15:17 PM

Permanently Banned
Pls give more veto for maps and where OPTIMIZATION from Road map.
7 Jun 2016, 16:31 PM

Excellent changes finally.
7 Jun 2016, 17:40 PM
Patrion 26

Pls give more veto for maps and where OPTIMIZATION from Road map.

+1,000,000
7 Jun 2016, 18:15 PM

OPTIMIZATION from Road map.

Optimization is not going to happen.
It's simply not.
7 Jun 2016, 21:29 PM

Optimization is not going to happen.
It's simply not.

Yea, at this point people really need to lower the expectations of this ever happening. Look at what we know: performance is bad in late-game, large unit count situations and it utilizes only one core (mostly).

What's causing that? Well, it's not a multi-threaded application. Unlike a lot of other things (say, performance being bad on specific maps), this is a problem that comes from the core engine design. You don't really go around re-writting core engine systems (i.e. making it multi-threaded, which in itself is VERY hard) years after release. The chances of breaking something are just too high to warrant the risk, and the effort required will never be repaid via increased sales.

Seriously: They could pay 1 programmer for 1 year to fix the engine, and that would cost over $100k just in salary (note: it would require more than 1 guy). Even if the end result was "CoH2 now runs 1000x faster: 60fps on Pentium 3 & Geforce 4 systems", it would still not result in enough sales to justify the investment.

They could realistically improve the renderer, but that's only really going to improve FPS in GPU-bound situations, which are pretty rare in CoH2.

/edit

That said, they could easily fix the awful main-menu framerate problems by ditching (what I'm guessing) is some sort of flash/scaleform based UI.
7 Jun 2016, 21:35 PM

So, is there a cool animation when you lose rank? :sibHyena:
7 Jun 2016, 21:43 PM

Yea, at this point people really need to lower the expectations of this ever happening. Look at what we know: performance is bad in late-game, large unit count situations and it utilizes only one core (mostly).

What's causing that? Well, it's not a multi-threaded application. Unlike a lot of other things (say, performance being bad on specific maps), this is a problem that comes from the core engine design. You don't really go around re-writting core engine systems (i.e. making it multi-threaded, which in itself is VERY hard) years after release. The chances of breaking something are just too high to warrant the risk, and the effort required will never be repaid via increased sales.

Seriously: They could pay 1 programmer for 1 year to fix the engine, and that would cost over $100k just in salar0y (note: it would require more than 1 guy). Even if the end result was "CoH2 now runs 1000x faster: 60fps on Pentium 3 & Geforce 4 systems", it would still not result in enough sales to justify the investment.

They could realistically improve the renderer, but that's only really going to improve FPS in GPU-bound situations, which are pretty rare in CoH2.

/edit

That said, they could easily fix the awful main-menu framerate problems by ditching (what I'm guessing) is some sort of flash/scaleform based UI.
7 Jun 2016, 22:10 PM
Benefactor 115

The menu UI and in-game UI all use scaleform, no doubt it contributes to the laggy feeling in game but they aint gonna fix that either. Already raised that issued with them in 2013 and they don't want to rework the UI off scaleform.
7 Jun 2016, 22:12 PM

Just salvaged 143 items for 64,000 points. Isn't salvaging supposed to give you 500 points?
7 Jun 2016, 22:44 PM

Anyone had bug like this?

I have 0 currency but all my duplicates were gone before I could salvage them. Inventory is still at 578/1000. Any help?
7 Jun 2016, 22:48 PM
Patrion 310

Did you farm warspoils at all?
7 Jun 2016, 22:51 PM

Did you farm warspoils at all?

Yep, I had a message about farming after I updated COH2. But it didn't mention that Relic gonna remove all my duplicates for doing that :)
7 Jun 2016, 22:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2016, 22:44 PMHati
Anyone had bug like this?

I have 0 currency but all my duplicates were gone before I could salvage them. Inventory is still at 578/1000. Any help?

There is a show scavagable items check box at the bottom
8 Jun 2016, 02:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jun 2016, 22:51 PMHati

Yep, I had a message about farming after I updated COH2. But it didn't mention that Relic gonna remove all my duplicates for doing that :)

Same here man, apparently Lelic hates player who points out holes in their design.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★