Login

russian armor

Invincible Object Scripting.

29 May 2016, 10:12 AM

Hi guys im currently making a map were a have some trouble with some custom bridges.
I dont no how to scrip the walkable object to make them invincible.
Im Sure some of you Mappers now how, i would really like to hear how to scipt it :)
2 Jun 2016, 04:07 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I am not that big in scar editing, but I know Janne is, perhaps he will be able to help you more. He should be checking through this at a point, if not I will try messaging him for you, sorry I couldn't help you more.

This was actually something him and I discussed very recently in one of my maps (well making a map unrepairable), but this falls along the same categories, but is generally the same issue.
2 Jun 2016, 16:01 PM

Me neither, and there is so little videos covering the Topic :( and so many Frums that got it messed up. tried alot of different scripts, with no luck :(

and yeah that would be great Thank you!:). also do you know if there is any way to make a bridge wich can be Crossed both over and under ???.
4 Jun 2016, 12:06 PM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Me neither, and there is so little videos covering the Topic :( and so many Frums that got it messed up. tried alot of different scripts, with no luck :(

and yeah that would be great Thank you!:). also do you know if there is any way to make a bridge wich can be Crossed both over and under ???.

There is no way for a bridge to be crossed over and under.

There is actually no Z axis in the worldbuilder when it comes to objects, as it renders all pathing along the x and y plane. A good way to see what I am talking about is to get a tree floating in the worldbuilder, and then trying to walk under it with infantry (or a house) and you will see that they will still take cover behind the object or path around (in the case of the house they will magically float up inside it if you tell them to garrison) the object.

Another way to illustrate that is by using cntrl + shift + f5 and it will place the object impass overlay down and you will see that the ground is marked red, that is nonpassable terrain.
4 Jun 2016, 12:08 PM

Create EGroup for your bridge in question. For example, let's use EGroup name: InvincibleBridge

function IndestructibleBridge()

EGroup_SetInvulnerable(InvincibleBridge, true)

Scar_AddInit(IndestructibleBridge)
4 Jun 2016, 14:09 PM

Create EGroup for your bridge in question. For example, let's use EGroup name: InvincibleBridge

function IndestructibleBridge()

Scar_AddInit(IndestructibleBridge)

okay so i just make an Scar file with.

"function IndestructibleBridge()

Scar_AddInit(IndestructibleBridge)" and then make sure the EGroup Name is accurate ?

Tric.
yeah i have messed around with alot of objects to see if it was possible, it would really open up for alot of nice maps if they made it possible. but would it be something that could be scripted you think ???
5 Jun 2016, 01:23 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Tric.
yeah i have messed around with alot of objects to see if it was possible, it would really open up for alot of nice maps if they made it possible. but would it be something that could be scripted you think ???

No the worldbuilder wont allow it, as there is no true Z axis and there is no pathing for it, it would have to be a straight up mod to make it work, and even then, I doubt it would be good.
5 Jun 2016, 09:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2016, 01:23 AMTric

No the worldbuilder wont allow it, as there is no true Z axis and there is no pathing for it, it would have to be a straight up mod to make it work, and even then, I doubt it would be good.

Damn its kind of sad :( i had some great ideas Though.
5 Jun 2016, 09:23 AM

Hi guys im currently making a map were a have some trouble with some custom bridges.
I dont no how to scrip the walkable object to make them invincible.
Im Sure some of you Mappers now how, i would really like to hear how to scipt it :)

just brace it
7 Jun 2016, 08:13 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Thread title amended
18 Jun 2016, 08:50 AM

okay so i just make an Scar file with.

"function IndestructibleBridge()

Scar_AddInit(IndestructibleBridge)" and then make sure the EGroup Name is accurate ?

Tric.

You need to create an EGroup with the bridges in question first before you use that code.

You can also make units pass under or above normal height... but you cannot get two units to pass both above and below an object simultaneously.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★