Login

russian armor

How to make AI use dispatch ability from building?

27 May 2016, 11:03 AM

Hi. I'm trying out making dispatch abilities used from buildings. So as far as I have, the abilities work perfectly, and no problem in terms of real players using them. But the AI has never once used the dispatch abilities from the buildings.

Things I have tried -

Making ai_ability for the abilities, tried copying some of the dispatch abilities in the vanilla list under ai_ability, doesn't work.

May anyone help me, please?
27 May 2016, 22:02 PM

Yeah,curious about this too.
29 Jun 2016, 22:01 PM
Modmaker Badge

Hi Vangruffe:

I am working on my mod AI those days, and I learn a few tricks. I will share this with you and the rest of the community.

a. To force the AI to use an ability I clone (same name and path) the vanilla one on catetgories/ai_ability. Save and build. Then I remove the vanilla one and add my own modded ability. Save and build.
This works pretty fine with artillery barrage and other abilities that not depend on upgrades.

b. If I want to AI use an ability that depend on an upgrade. For example in my mod panzerfaust is an ability but depend on a squad upgrade. Then I go to Categories/army/"race"/ai_production_info/unlocking_upgrade_info
Then in there add an "unlocking_upgrade_info. After that set the values like "the upgrade", "squad" and "unlocking ability".
If you mix this with the modding value in the ai ability category then AI will use this kind of abilities.

c. About off map call in, well I tried a lot of call in in game. Like Tiger Ace, Pershing, IS 2 etc but I failed(talking about my doctrinal abilities (commander abilities))
I could only force the AI to use an off map Stug III. I simple clone the basic call in and change the vanilla one for my own one. Sadly there is not a guide for this then we need to try and test and see whats happens.

These are only a few tips about my experience maybe could help someone.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS