Login

russian armor

WAR SPOILS OPEN BETA CLOSING NOTES

23 May 2016, 17:28 PM
Senior Editor Badge

https://community.companyofheroes.com/discussion/241727/war-spoils-open-beta-closing-notes

bla bla bla

more bla bla bla

and:

With all that in mind, we would like to announce that the new Warspoils system should make its way to the live game around the first half-of June!
23 May 2016, 17:29 PM

Abuse those Jagdtiger penetration bulletins while we still can boys Kappa
23 May 2016, 17:45 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Anyone here stacking complete disregard for personal safety for volks?
23 May 2016, 17:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2016, 17:28 PMnigo
With all that in mind, we would like to announce that the new Warspoils system should make its way to the live game around the first half-of June!...

(first half-of June = June 15, 23:59.)

So wait almost another month till 'Warspoils fix'.

But hey what is 1 month more after all these years. :rofl:

ps.: i hope they mean 2016 of June.

ps2.: i just noticed
jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2016, 17:28 PMnigo
...new Warspoils system should make its way to the live game around the first half-of June!
:hansREKT: :hansGG:
23 May 2016, 18:17 PM
Benefactor 115

wow, its now taken 2 years for them to adjust war spoils. That's pretty glacial.
23 May 2016, 18:26 PM

"We do understand the arguments of players who support keeping stacking in, especially since they collected these items and value them. We hope players with duplicate bulletins will use their supply balance to access a wider portfolio of bulletins, rather than rely on stacking to give them a gameplay advantage."

And this is the point where I don´t care about bulletins any longer. Dear Relic... what else is the point of bulletins if not trying to get an advantage? Then let´s get rid of them all together.
23 May 2016, 18:32 PM

ps.: i hope they mean 2016 of June.

That's the trick, man. They never said it was June of THIS year. :help: :luvDerp:
23 May 2016, 18:40 PM

This is amazingly slow, at every step, but I am glad it is being changed in the way it is.

Bulletins are a failed design. As such I would prefer to see them not stack because only a very few were useful in that regard anyway.

Bulletins might have worked as rare and few in number and been for additional units that could be added to your base buildings (e.g., MHT) or abilities for base units (e.g., non-buggy stun grenades for grens). Commander abilities would be entirely that, commander abilities with maybe very rare units like Tigers or Elephants remaining within. This would have alleviated the problem of reduced commander options from COH1 and would have also helped to reduce the problem of 99% of bulletins being worthless. Anyway, doesn't matter now since the problem is structural to COH2 and is not likely to change now.
23 May 2016, 18:46 PM

Oh boy its one of them relic "soons"
23 May 2016, 18:57 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This is amazingly slow, at every step, but I am glad it is being changed in the way it is.

Bulletins are a failed design. As such I would prefer to see them not stack because only a very few were useful in that regard anyway.

Bulletins might have worked as rare and few in number and been for additional units that could be added to your base buildings (e.g., MHT) or abilities for base units (e.g., non-buggy stun grenades for grens). Commander abilities would be entirely that, commander abilities with maybe very rare units like Tigers or Elephants remaining within. This would have alleviated the problem of reduced commander options from COH1 and would have also helped to reduce the problem of 99% of bulletins being worthless. Anyway, doesn't matter now since the problem is structural to COH2 and is not likely to change now.

Good idea, but it require two more years for testing:D
23 May 2016, 20:59 PM
Donator 11

23 May 2016, 21:35 PM

when is the new balance patch going to be live?
23 May 2016, 22:18 PM

Guys, why are you all crying?
You do realise they are doing this with a skeleton crew, for a product thats now over 3 years old right?

I've seen some games drop support 3 months since release...

As for bulletins, they should give us the option of scrapping all, not just dupes. This way I use the ones I want/need
24 May 2016, 00:14 AM

24 May 2016, 02:55 AM

Guys, why are you all crying?
You do realise they are doing this with a skeleton crew, for a product thats now over 3 years old right?

Western Front Armies 2014
Ardennes Assault 2014
British Forces 2015
Curated Items 2016

The initial game platform is over 3 years old, but that's arguably a very small part of the current money-generating product. They said themselves they had a 5-year plan for the platform. These warspoils changes (though definitely not as strong as I would argue they should have been) will likely add slightly more perception of regularity and player-control that may make players more comfortable purchasing from the store.

Sure, there are plenty of games out there that get abandoned quickly, but COH is one of those precious games with amazing replayability and visual/audio immersiveness that keeps people coming back.

But for whatever (presumably managerial) reasons, Relic's support for the game tends to lack the consistency required to produce a polished experience, and this leads to people getting upset, even if disproportionately (it is the Internet after all). The current rolling balance mod has been a welcome step in the right direction, however, even if enabled by outsourcing a lot of the thinking to the community.
24 May 2016, 05:04 AM
Donator 33

I don't think Relic developed this slowly. More than likely what happened is Relic never started working on a War Spoils fix until after they finished the Brit expansion. At which point they were never intending to release this until after they released all their extra commanders.

This War Spoils fix is nothing more than Relic announcing their done supporting this game. They're gonna use Mirage's balance mod to try and balance the game that's gonna be it. They feel safe releasing this War Spoils fix because everyone who would have spent money on Commanders or Skins would have done it by now.
24 May 2016, 10:16 AM

How 'bout some new armor and speed bulletins for king tiger !?? Most other units have a plethora of bulletins u can combine for your preferred unit, but KT only has vet up since like forever ...

If they wanna make a fair system, shouldn't all the units have the same access to an even nr. of "perks" ? Which isn't the question as of now.
24 May 2016, 10:31 AM

As for bulletins, they should give us the option of scrapping all, not just dupes. This way I use the ones I want/need

I thought you could sell any bulletin for supply with the new system?

Concerning the stacking thing, I don't know what to think. I mean some bulletins are worthless without stacking, but I doubt anyone is going to bother to redesign them at this stage. On the other hand I'm probably just going to get +3% acc, -3% reload, and -2% reload and cooldown for all basic infantry and that's it. For 1v1 that's good enough.
24 May 2016, 11:03 AM

Abuse those Jagdtiger penetration bulletins while we still can boys Kappa

+1
nee
24 May 2016, 20:27 PM

Good idea, but it require two more years for testing:D

More like two more years of looking into it, THEN another two-three years of testing!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★