Login

russian armor

how do you import objects from other maps?

23 May 2016, 08:32 AM

hello peers,

I have found an object that i need for my map on another mp maps list.

this object is however "locked" i.e. i cant select it with the object or the slpine tool.

in case you are wondering, the object is an urban wall-end column for a small vaultable wall.
28 May 2016, 19:19 PM

28 May 2016, 19:46 PM

hello peers,

I have found an object that i need for my map on another mp maps list.

this object is however "locked" i.e. i cant select it with the object or the slpine tool.

in case you are wondering, the object is an urban wall-end column for a small vaultable wall.

Can you give us a little more information i. e. screenshot and map you want to copy it from.

Did you tried the stamp tool?
28 May 2016, 22:28 PM
28 May 2016, 22:45 PM

This is the column of the wall (it´s added on the Spline itself).
As far as I know there is no option to reproduce this since 2014. The only alternative for you should be to copy the Spline by using the Stamp Tool.
28 May 2016, 22:48 PM

It is the button left from the grass tool.

Edit: If the stamp tool does not work, just open another one of Relic maps and try to stamp.
28 May 2016, 23:11 PM

Stamping works. Just tested it with the red wall spline (brick_m_01) from relics (6-8) Vielsalm.
29 May 2016, 00:08 AM

well dayom, didnt think that would be part of a spline like that.

Its acting weird when i stamp it onto my map.

randomly becomes unselectable with spline tool and the column tends to disappear when editing the shape.

I wish they had more small columns like those.
29 May 2016, 05:08 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

The reason it is acting weird is because that is a scar added object. There used be an option on wall splines that would allow you place a capping object via the edit state, but that has been disabled/removed. The same thing is what happens when you try to variations to other objects.

Examples include, but is not limited to:

wall capping via splines
adding light to post objects
add different building structure details (aka changing a vent to a radar)

This used be all done via DCA variable settings which have been removed (#relicpls), and now require a scar file to get them working correctly.

randomly becomes unselectable with spline tool and the column tends to disappear when editing the shape.

Just to elaborate further about why this is doing what you are describing.

Your object spline is divided up into separate increments (EX 1,2,3,4 and so on) for each separate object that is being used in the spline, this allows you to destroy walls (or edit other variables) via the section, the reason that is is acting weird as you describe is because you are either adding or removing and increment to the spline. This important because the wall cap is tied to the increment inside that spline. So if you were trying to extend it, the cap is going to stay back an increment, and you make it smaller it may outright get rid of it, depending on which end of the increment the cap was. (the cap would always be there if it was placed on the "0" increment, so you might have better luck with one of those)

I hope I managed to answer all of your questions, if you have any more questions feel free to ask me here, via pm, or hit me up on my stream if you see me live, as I do live map making.
29 May 2016, 05:41 AM

thanks for taking the time to explain. you didnt have to but you spent some time on that response. my respects to you and castroy.

btw, why did they remove the capping feature? it strikes me as a very useful spline option

29 May 2016, 09:20 AM

btw, why did they remove the capping feature? it strikes me as a very useful spline option

:D You never know what´s happening in good old Canada.:snfQuinn:
2 Jun 2016, 04:09 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

thanks for taking the time to explain. you didnt have to but you spent some time on that response. my respects to you and castroy.

Yah, there are so many features that were removed it is actually insane. If you need anything else and don't want to bother with forums, check to see if I am live (my stream is in my signature #sellout), I will be more than happy to assist you in whatever issue you are having to the best of my abilities.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★