Login

russian armor

Ostheer repair bunker upgrade

27 May 2016, 13:32 PM

Make sweepers for Ostheer and Soviet Engineers bump up their repair speed to be on par with Sappers and Rear Echelon at 2.0 from 1.6. It's already hard to get a sweeper unit to veterancy 2 unless you want to make sweeping and building give squad XP which could also work.

simple and elegant +1
27 May 2016, 16:07 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 11:24 AMnee
Agreed; I rather everyone need 2-4 Pioniers to repair fast, rather than OKW opponents to require 8 Sturmpioniers to repair at the same speed as you would 4 of them with the repair upgrade.
Which brings another problem: Sturmpioniers cost 320 manpower, so from strategic standpoint, they'd be at a huge disadvantage in keeping heavy tanks up to spec simply because Allied factions' engineers cost far less. There's already a risk of squad wiping your Sturmpioniers when repairing something, and losing a 320 manpower squad with AT, minesweeper, emplacement/ wire AND repair capability- now the additional risk is they wouldn't even repair as fast.

At least with upping CEs and Pioniers' repair speed when upgraded, they're still shitty in combat.

I get your point but remember it was changed to 300mp a while back
27 May 2016, 20:41 PM

I think other than ukf and okw repairing being too fast/economical as of right now repairing across factions is fine.

USF was logistics master of war, relies on paper vehicles to support infantry so they deserve ubiquitous fast repairing

UKF sappers upgraded are a tad too much, especially one you amass cromwells

OKW repair station shouldn't be free, sweepers shouldn't increase repair-there should be oppurtunity cost

Pios and Engies are fine, maybe increase per model repair rate and make them 3 man squads so they are more economic
28 May 2016, 00:12 AM

Don't mind me, just a comment concerning the OP passing through.

I tried combining the field infirmary and command post upgrades into a single one in order to make room for a 3rd upgrade to a repair station and I reached to the conclusion that I believe a building can only have one type of "repair engineers" as they are called in the mod tools, either medics or the different repair engineers of the armies so my idea is not possible for now given the circumstances if I'm right, I found out that giving the Wehrmacht the Soviet repair station and tying it to Tier 3/4 is also a solution to the problem, did the same to the Soviet's mobile repair station upgrade for the M5 halftrack.
nee
28 May 2016, 01:04 AM

For a mod you made? Care for a link then??
28 May 2016, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2016, 01:04 AMnee
For a mod you made? Care for a link then??

Soon, I've also made several other changes like for example bringing back the Recon section from the UKF Alpha as an upgrade for the IS, the AVRE has a crew and rebalanced a few other things, oh yes and the observation officer is now also a T0 unit.

What I'm trying to do here basically is give units more utility while giving each Army the basic tools, meaning that the Brits get a mobile mortar team while the OKW get the MG34 in T0 without requiring any tech-ing as it's in the balance mod, meaning MG openings like the Wehrmacht and Brits are possible. I'm also trying to make Karabiner's idea with the Panzerjaegers with the Panzershreck package but I'm not really sure what to do with the volks then.

28 May 2016, 15:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2016, 15:16 PMsigah
Hi guys

One thing which is pretty annoying for me playing Ostheer is that if you are in lategame and there are intense armored fights it takes a lot of time to get your damaged tanks back to the battlefield.
So if you have many tanks and just one pioneer squad your tanks are fighting 25% of the time and being repaired 75% of the time. (figures just serve viewpoint not actual fact based^^)
So if you want your damaged tanks back on field in a reasonable amount of time you need atleast 3 pioneer squads which are eating popcap all the time but only have a very limited impact to your fighting force.
UKF-pioneers repair much faster especially with upgrade, USF can selfrepair their vehicle, OKW have repair truck and soviet pioneers seems to repair faster too (maybe just because of less health tanks?) and have doctrinal upgrades such as consript repair ability, repair station and self repair.

What would you think about merging the heal and refresh bunker and make it more expensive (maybe with retreat point ability upgrade?) and add a repair bunker instead? Or do you think it would be too op?

Agreed. With the current state of OH and witht he future state of OH wich will be equaly WEAK any buff/addition would be ok in my view. Add a poll, so people can vote.
30 May 2016, 04:25 AM

There is also USF with super glue repair speed ;) not only OKW

Well, that fits. Glue is for paper anyway, eh? :D
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment