Login

russian armor

Elephan, Tiger; Usleless

14 Jul 2013, 18:03 PM

Permanently Banned
@Scratched: What game mode? I really wish people would include that in their posts on specific experience examples.
14 Jul 2013, 19:13 PM
Donator 11

2v2 AT. im sorry man :)
but 2v2 or 1v1, the range is extremely high, so its not viable on all maps!
15 Jul 2013, 00:06 AM

I give Elephant 3/10

Speed- This thing drives like old people fuck. Not only does it move at walking speed, the path finding on it is...I don't even have a word for how bad it is. Give it a move order and 90% of the time it will try to make a 3 point turn, its like watching Jimmy Fallon trying to back out of a parking spot in the movie Taxi. Obvious F-

Rotation- I would give this a F also, but I think that would be too nice. Instead I'll give it a G for "Go fuck yourself German engineering". This thing is not capable of turning to face a new threat.

Reload Speed- D?

Sight Range- Unbelievable with spotting scope and focus sight, A+

Damage- A

You either need to choose do you want to keep it safely parked way in the back until it is needed, or keep it in a good firing position with a high risk of being naded, rammed, or bombed. The maneuverability is so terrible that even with good micro it is almost physically impossible to avoid a well coordinated strike on the Elephant. Parking way in the back isn't very good either since the speed is so bad you usually aren't able to get it in position within the relevant time frame. If you control the map and can force engagements in places where you want, the Elephant will kill any remaining tanks they have relatively easily, but it performs terribly in most close games and comeback scenarios.
15 Jul 2013, 00:30 AM

About the Elephants sight range... it's great but its accuracy is poor beyond range 60. Combine that with a slow firing rate and... well... you get the picture. Not that I'm advocating it should be laser accurate out to 100 or necessarily shoot faster, but something to keep in mind when we weigh all factors.

However at Vet 1 the accuracy at extremely long range improves significantly. Even against moving targets. It's impressive. But realistically & practically.... how often does an Elephant reach Vet 1? It's moot.

The bottom line is this: Whether the Elephant is on the front line or behind the line or somewhere in-between, nor how well defended it is, it makes no difference because a single micro'ed T34 can successfully zerg and ram and render the Elephant useless.
15 Jul 2013, 01:33 AM

I give Elephant 3/10

Speed- F-

Rotation- F

Reload Speed- D

Sight Range- A+

Damage- A

+

Armor- B

It has a good front armor. but It's not important.
because It's not front line unit..
15 Jul 2013, 02:07 AM

Historically looking the elephant only main problem was the absent of a machinge gun to dust of pesky infantry.

In COH 2 the Elephant is in my opinion to slow, in real it must have been a tiny bit faster.

It are these things where relic or sega needs to pay attention on, really well balance speed of units (especially tanks).

And as prime moment:

Its attack capability

So do I fully agree the Tiger is a JOKE

A right out JOKE

I played it on map 17 or something and i couldnt do anything with it 5 infantry kills and suddenly 3 t34 and away my hefty investment

One thing i liked about the engagement was like how in stalingrad a city environment eliminates the tactical advantage of armor

I think the tiger should get a range increase and switch between armor piercing and HE rounds

Furthermore tiger should always be able to upgrade:

- Machine gun
- Smoke

Also does Sega miss out the opportunity to make this cooler like with the old King T.

The tiger should be able to have a special button where friendly panzergrenadiers are clicked on to guard the unit

The tiger is the spearhead of any offensive also in WW2

Not the clowncar of the AXIS
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 51
unknown 8

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %