Login

russian armor

SU-85; The Thread

PAGES (24)down
12 Aug 2013, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 04:55 AMakula
game after game SU85's dominate, especially in 2v2. they are too damn cheap by at least 40 fuel for what they do. we starved them of fuel and they still pumped out su85's in the long run. so damn frustrating. the 120mm mortar is also a crazy good compliment to the su85, a few of those and good luck capping a point.

you got to be kidding me.... you have a damn 1 cp mortar HT that is OUT OF CONTROL
not too mention your standard mortar squads shoot mortars so fast it's just wrong on so many levels, how about try to FLANK the su-85. it's not like the turret will move.... or be like all the pro's and pin the su-85 between your tank and a building/tree and get the kill
12 Aug 2013, 19:39 PM

Permanently Banned
We got a live one here.
12 Aug 2013, 19:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2013, 19:39 PMNullist
We got a live one here.

dont feed the troll ... hes a russian only player. He keeps referring to Russians as "us" despite the fact hes not one of them.

He talks out of his ass and has no clue about the game playing only one faction.
12 Aug 2013, 20:15 PM

dont feed the troll ... hes a russian only player. He keeps referring to Russians as "us" despite the fact hes not one of them.

He talks out of his ass and has no clue about the game playing only one faction.

you come to rage in this thread too ? you say i cant play, yet you cry about how SU-85 is an exploit and cannot be flanked.. i love Mondays.

oh and i have played German, i just prefer to play the underdog. we didn't get the I WIN button
12 Aug 2013, 20:18 PM

you come to rage in this thread too ? you say i cant play, yet you cry about how SU-85 is an exploit and cannot be flanked.. i love Mondays.

oh and i have played German, i just prefer to play the underdog. we didn't get the I WIN button

Again the "We" like he thinks hes a russian LMAO .... what a tool.
12 Aug 2013, 22:14 PM

Again the "We" like he thinks hes a russian LMAO .... what a tool.

i play 2v2 "we" is my teamate
12 Aug 2013, 22:15 PM

i play 2v2 "we" is my teamate

Kindly run back to the play pen kiddy troll .... cya.

Back on topic ..... relic (Peter) did say in the recent shoutcast that they will be looking into the SU85 so thats welcome news.
12 Aug 2013, 22:18 PM

Kindly run back to the play pen kiddy troll .... cya.

Back on topic ..... me and my buddies whined about the Russians being OP so much in the recent shoutcast that they will be looking into the SU85 so thats welcome news.

fixed it for you
QQ
12 Aug 2013, 22:45 PM

Just noticed that it´s not even enough that the Su-85 outranges any other tank, no there´s even a bulletin that gives the thing even 10% more range. You can´t imagine how hard I facepalmed.

But the worst thing comes now. I played a game and got a Panther. Surprise: The enemy had a Su-85. Snipers picked of my grenadiers and pioneer squad on the battlefield and I realized I had to retreat the Panther. The Su-85 chased me, driving way faster than the Panther backwards (that wouldn´t annoy me in general, if the Su-85 couldn´t outdrive German tanks in reverse - but it does -.-) and the Panther couldn´t fire back for the whole chase. I got exactly one shot at the Su-85 as I decided to attack it in the mid of the chase, but then the Su-85 reversed. So as I didn´t want the Panther to move further into enemy territory I backed up again, bein pursued by the Su-85 (again). The Panther ended up dead in my base with an almost fully intact Su-85. Great! Totally what I expect form a end of the tech tree, 165 fuel, German tank that sucks versus infantry also.

The range on the Su-85 is just a joke.

12 Aug 2013, 22:51 PM

Just noticed that it´s not even enough that the Su-85 outranges any other tank, no there´s even a bulletin that gives the thing even 10% more range. You can´t imagine how hard I facepalmed.

But the worst thing comes now. I played a game and got a Panther. Surprise: The enemy had a Su-85. Snipers picked of my grenadiers and pioneer squad on the battlefield and I realized I had to retreat the Panther. The Su-85 chased me, driving way faster than the Panther backwards (that wouldn´t annoy me in general, if the Su-85 couldn´t outdrive German tanks in reverse - but it does -.-) and the Panther couldn´t fire back for the whole chase. I got exactly one shot at the Su-85 as I decided to attack it in the mid of the chase, but then the Su-85 reversed. So as I didn´t want the Panther to move further into enemy territory I backed up again, bein pursued by the Su-85 (again). It ended up dead in my base with an almost fully intact Su-85. Great totally what I expect form a end of the tech tree, 165 fuel, German tank that sucks versus infantry also.

I'm not trying to bash on people but bro seriously, look at the size of your force at that point in the game. you have nothing.... "OMGZ0RZ SU-85 is OP because i only have 3 units and i'm unable to set up and flank properly".
12 Aug 2013, 23:24 PM

I actually killed three snipers before that, losing two Grenadiers and a 42, holding the VPs. You weren´t there. Look at the VP marker. The players sucked so hard that I skipped T2 and T3 - look at the building buttons on the right. I know how to support my units. This doesn´t change the fact that the Su-85 totally denied the Panther a retreat.

I´m under the impression you aren´t even interested in any productive conversation. You are getting personal and sarcastic immediately. I agree with panzerjager2 that you are probably trolling.

As for the only constructive aspect of your post: Nope, the Panther was supported, but I guess you never lost a single unit to about four Snipers in a 3v3.
12 Aug 2013, 23:32 PM

I actually killed three snipers before that, losing two Grenadiers and a 42, holding the VPs. You weren´t there. Look at the VP marker. The players sucked so hard that I skipped T2 and T3 - look at the building buttons on the right. I know how to support my units. This doesn´t change the fact that the Su-85 totally denied the Panther a retreat.

I´m under the impression you aren´t even interested in any productive conversation. You are getting personal and sarcastic immediately. I agree with panzerjager2 that you are probably trolling.

As for the only constructive aspect of your post: Nope, the Panther was supported, but I guess you never lost a single unit to about four Snipers in a 3v3.

you know what they say birds of a feather whine together, Fly*
13 Aug 2013, 00:09 AM

FYI 66 Range on a Tank Destroyer with that speed & devastation is not ok.
13 Aug 2013, 01:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Aug 2013, 00:09 AMHissy
FYI 66 Range on a Tank Destroyer with that speed & devastation is not ok.

Basically this. We can make all the mental gysmnastics we want about how you can maybe kill it if you flank it with your entire army while having a friend stangle the other player IRL, it remains that the unit just plain overperforms for its cost.
13 Aug 2013, 03:45 AM

It does overperform and a Nerf is warrented,however i would air on the side of caution some suggestions i have seen would nerf it into almost uselessness and i doubt anyone but German fanboys want that, i am all for a nerf to its Reverse speed allowing easier flanks, after all flanking an assult gun should be the way to kill it.

Oh and get rid of the stupidly good range bullitin... it is sad to see some utterly useelss ones like bigger sight range on a howitzer and then something and good as this.
13 Aug 2013, 04:14 AM

Permanently Banned
Mods, clean this thread a bit please. Its too valuable a resource and has too much good input from both sides of the argument to get buried in crap.

Ontopic:
-Reduce speed by about 0.4
-Make Cone immobilise the unit.
13 Aug 2013, 07:58 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Don't worry, we already have the solution to fix the SU-85, and yes it would affect its speed/acceleration to add some risk when you position it and remove the so-strong chasing capability of the tank.
13 Aug 2013, 08:00 AM

Cant wait till the patch !
13 Aug 2013, 08:25 AM

Permanently Banned
By indirect comparison, Doctrinally Scoped Ostheer vehicles upgraded at Muni cost, have to be immobile to benefit from the range.
13 Aug 2013, 08:45 AM

Don't worry, we already have the solution to fix the SU-85, and yes it would affect its speed/acceleration to add some risk when you position it and remove the so-strong chasing capability of the tank.

Thanks for the update .... that is really great news. Its warp speed reverse was one of the main reasons why it was so op. At least now flanking it would be rewarded unlike earlier where all you had to do was mash the R button and reverse away faster than any German tank's forward speed.
PAGES (24)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS