Login

russian armor

whats the best opening build for UKF please help.

21 May 2016, 07:08 AM

i see a lot of top players open with 2 infantry section and HMG and rush to engineers and get a sniper..

I cant survive enough with 2 IS and one HMG although im having good sucess with 2 Hmgs and 1 IS and to stall for sniper or go 3 HMGs

I wanted to know whats the best opening move for UKF i know its situational but if any one can tell me what they open with vs what it would be great here is how i open..

Here is what ive been doing is this ok?

if the map has open areas.. I get 3 HMGs and stall for sniper/AEC depending opp build

if the map has lot of building i get 2/3 Infantry sections and 1 HMG and get Grenades researched if i see enemy HMGs.. or i get flamer engineers..
21 May 2016, 07:38 AM
Benefactor 115

Personally this is just me, but I typically like to go HMG into another 2-3 IS giving a total of 3-4 IS squads, and teching into an AEC or AT gun, but this is 2v2s and it is map depends. But I find it's nice since compared to normal brits you're not a manpower lacking in terms of what's the on the field. This strat however does lead you open even more to light vehicle play, and a high manpower bleed if your opponent goes snipers.

With the upcoming changes for Brits in the balance mod (Brits will start with 50 more manpower) it will be a nice change due to getting that extra squad out a little bit faster.

Also I would avoid getting nades as Brits, since IS are long range squads so nades don't suit there play style and just a waste of 30 fuel early on, which can go into an AEC or cromwell
21 May 2016, 09:51 AM

I usually goes IS-MG-T2 or MG-Bren-T2 if facing sniper/Kubel. Usually the idea is not to stay in T1 too long, RE is better than IS and Sniper is really needed vs OH.
21 May 2016, 22:04 PM

Like i said in my various other build orders for other people this one works so well in most of the maps and against both OST and OKW.
Starting IS
IS
MG
T1
RE
5 Man Squad
AEC Research(if you see/suspect light vehicles)
RE
AEC
RE
Sniper(if the enemy is OKW and the map is open and long range depended)
Sniper
T3
Cromwell
Cromwell
21 May 2016, 22:21 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 22:04 PMEarth
Like i said in my various other build orders for other people this one works so well in most of the maps and against both OST and OKW.
Starting IS
IS
MG
T1
RE
5 Man Squad
RE
AEC
RE
Sniper
T3
Cromwell
Cromwell

What is the reasoning behind researching AEC before being able to build it? Wouldn't it be better to buy 2nd RE first?
24 May 2016, 07:44 AM

IS are really strong opening units, but only when used correctly. They are great in cover, but seldom pull their manpower cost otherwise. Earth's post is the traditional opening and it benefits greatly from the units that follow very quickly. The Engies coming out quickly contribute to map control and turn firefights and positional engagements in your favor by allowing flanking maneuvers to be executed. Once the AEC is on the field it will be very difficult for any axis faction to meet you head on, as your combined arms will already have started to form.

The problem with MG spam is that it is too slow. MG's have set up/tear down times and don't do so well on their lonesome due to the effectiveness of flanking imposed by their arc of fire. Map control suffers against decent players. MG's are support weapons, and the vickers is very good in that role.

All this being said, there are minor variations of this opening that you'll see at high levels, often adding another tommy squad for extra map control early on or (particularly against OKW) getting a UC to turn firefights in your favor. Perhaps if the traditional method is coming up short, these variations might be more your flavor. Personally I've been playing around with the idea of varied tier 0 play, but the best performing strat that I've seen is the one Earth Posted. It's just really strong.

In short, use your first 2 IS in cover and with Vickers support to get the best results. Add a UC with OKW. After that, brits will probably make much more sense.
28 Jun 2016, 15:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 22:04 PMEarth
Starting IS
IS
MG
T1
RE
5 Man Squad
RE
AEC
RE
Sniper
T3
Cromwell
Cromwell

3 REs, ain't it too much?
28 Jun 2016, 15:26 PM

Vickers, infantry section, infantry section, t1, zappers, zappers, 6 pounder, cromwell
28 Jun 2016, 15:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jun 2016, 15:22 PMHven

3 REs, ain't it too much?

Depends on your playstyle, with priority on repairing your 2 cromwell's you will need 3.
Different and really risky/aggressive BO would be:
Total 4 IS
((HMG))
T1
Eng
AEC
(Sniper)Bolster
AEC
Eng ?
28 Jun 2016, 16:23 PM

I don't play brits but I would say that having build orders in general is a waste of your time. Yeah units like infantry sections are in general good units to have but decisions like whether to get a sniper should be based on what you're facing. Should I get one in the early-mid game if my opponent has been able to hold multiple fuels? Probably not. Do I need suppression? Is their style static or fluid? What is the reinforcement cost of their infantry choices? All bullshit you should take into account when you're playing because your income is fought for and there's no such thing as a best build order.
28 Jun 2016, 16:28 PM

After trying all I have settled down to this order and a little variation depending on okw or ostheer.

For OKW..
Bren carrier opening -> IS -> HMG/IS -> Techup -> Sniper -> Engineers-- plant defensive mines-> from there on its situational and varies a lot depending on engagements/map control..
(AT gun/ AEC /Tankhunter if i see luchs/puma, if i see more volks or Leig i get a mortar pit or second sniper and so on)

For Ostheer..
IS -> ( if i see sniper then Bren carrier else HMG) - > techup -> Sniper -> engineers --plant defensive mines -> situationals units

--- after this i dont ge steamrolled in first 4 mintues vs OKW Strum pioneer ambush.. bren carrier is the way to go vs OKW
28 Jun 2016, 16:56 PM

bren carrier = ?
I usually play usf but i don't want to play it until hotfix. to avoid temptation, ya know ;).

i got hard time to know when it's good to tech weap racks and grenade. grenade cuz i remember the mils bomb is shit (tell me about it)?

i go AEC every game cuz it's a great AA (even tho it's ability isn't working, not the smoke but the other one) mostly cuz i don't know wat's good against light tank. is it good to do early weap racks to buy 2 piats when at 5min (and skip AEC) ?
28 Jun 2016, 17:17 PM

I don't play brits but I would say that having build orders in general is a waste of your time. Yeah units like infantry sections are in general good units to have but decisions like whether to get a sniper should be based on what you're facing. Should I get one in the early-mid game if my opponent has been able to hold multiple fuels? Probably not. Do I need suppression? Is their style static or fluid? What is the reinforcement cost of their infantry choices? All bullshit you should take into account when you're playing because your income is fought for and there's no such thing as a best build order.

I agree its situational thats why my thread is titled opening build this indicates the first 3- 4 minutes of gameplay.. firs 3 units that you call can still be situational depending on map and spawns but the safest / efficent opening is what i was after..
28 Jun 2016, 21:26 PM

Tried out some of the advice from this thread and wow. Going three Royal Engineers rather than one (admittedly mostly packing Mobile Assault flamethrowers) is far stronger than I'd ever have thought. Incredible capping power, lets the HMG and IS do what they do best (defend) and once the tanks roll out they have a lot of presence.

Thanks people!

Slightly off topic, but is it a good idea with Wehrmacht Pioneers too?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★