Login

russian armor

Human Tank Trap?

19 May 2016, 14:51 PM

Because it can't be simply disabled with a panzerfaust and then quickly dealt with a sneaky raketen.

Faust won't snare unless hit after the racketen and the Centaur can kite and suppress them so they never can get close in the first place. Plus centaurs shred racketens since they don't have green cover like other ATGs.
19 May 2016, 16:19 PM

Another way of controlling blobs removed!

Is it really that hard for players to hit the retreat key!
19 May 2016, 16:41 PM

Maybe simply remove the M10 and Cromwells ability to crush? Given they were the main issue in the first place. Certainly removing the M10s ability to do so would make sense. As for the Cromwell, I am not so sure.

Will have to see if its a viable change, I am unsure currently.
19 May 2016, 17:35 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Maybe they need to instigate a fourth type of crush for fast medium vehicles.
19 May 2016, 18:26 PM

Crush on M10 and Cromwell is just ridicules... And probably the only reason why they put this change in the mod.

Oh so it's hard to use a retreat button?

Or USE A SNARE?

Or lay a mine?

is it so hard to spread out your infantry as well?
19 May 2016, 19:32 PM

Oh so it's hard to use a retreat button?

Or USE A SNARE?

Or lay a mine?

is it so hard to spread out your infantry as well?

Still doesnt make sense why Cromwell and M10 has to have the best crush abbility ingame.

I suggest we give every medium the same crushing ability.
19 May 2016, 20:17 PM

Faust won't snare unless hit after the racketen and the Centaur can kite and suppress them so they never can get close in the first place. Plus centaurs shred racketens since they don't have green cover like other ATGs.

In a perfect scenario... Look, if you could just give me a video or a replay I think it'd be better than just arguing here, or just talking here without any kind of proof.
19 May 2016, 21:47 PM

Crushing has been a thing since vCoH

With volk faust you will hardly see it, it was mostly just a way to deal with OKW blobs anyway

no need for any changes it should be reverted imo
20 May 2016, 00:28 AM

In a perfect scenario... Look, if you could just give me a video or a replay I think it'd be better than just arguing here, or just talking here without any kind of proof.

Im just saying, you can't have a racketen following each volks you have. My original point was that centaur will be the new most effective stock anti blob counter the brits have. Do you disagree?
20 May 2016, 05:20 AM

Im just saying, you can't have a racketen following each volks you have. My original point was that centaur will be the new most effective stock anti blob counter the brits have. Do you disagree?

I agree partially for open maps but not in urban combat ones such as Sittard or Stalingrad for example.
20 May 2016, 08:00 AM

:snfQuinn: Relic logic:

Gives panzerfaust to volks to reduce crushing. :hansGASM::hansGASM::hansGASM:

Still removes crushing completely. :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
20 May 2016, 11:29 AM

Still doesnt make sense why Cromwell and M10 has to have the best crush abbility ingame.

I suggest we give every medium the same crushing ability.

All the mediums already have the same crush.

Only reason they crush better is because of their speed.
20 May 2016, 11:52 AM

All the mediums already have the same crush.

Only reason they crush better is because of their speed.

"95% of crushes are actually the vehicle rotating into the infantry at close range, or the vehicle turning on a dime into the infantry. the cromwell and the m10 both have a rotational rate of 38 deg/s, while the t34/76 have a rotational rate of 36 deg/s. By comparison, the sherman, panzer4, and the panther only have a rotational rate of 34 deg/s, 32 deg/s, and 30 deg/s.
" -Firesparks
20 May 2016, 14:02 PM

I agree partially for open maps but not in urban combat ones such as Sittard or Stalingrad for example.

These aren't in the map rotation anymore.
20 May 2016, 14:34 PM

this change is incredibly retarded

it dumbs the game down
20 May 2016, 16:21 PM

These aren't in the map rotation anymore.

Alright, let's clear things up here then.

Firstly you didn't say anything about the scenario you talking about being a 1v1/2v2 on an open map, second this is not the balance section so don't give me excuses about that, and thirdly, any change made affects the entire game, meaning it ruins it for the rest of us, those who aren't into the competitive scene and are purely playing the game for fun, and yes, I think that's a pretty valid reason, and no, I did make a mod, even 2 actually, but I abandoned them because they kept being broken from the constant updates.
20 May 2016, 20:31 PM

4th dimension infantry? Did I miss a commander release?
20 May 2016, 22:00 PM

:snfQuinn: Relic logic:

Gives panzerfaust to volks to reduce crushing. :hansGASM::hansGASM::hansGASM:

Still removes crushing completely. :snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:

surprised there wasn't another maxim nerf in there tbh XD
21 May 2016, 03:42 AM

Alright, let's clear things up here then.

Firstly you didn't say anything about the scenario you talking about being a 1v1/2v2 on an open map, second this is not the balance section so don't give me excuses about that, and thirdly, any change made affects the entire game, meaning it ruins it for the rest of us, those who aren't into the competitive scene and are purely playing the game for fun, and yes, I think that's a pretty valid reason, and no, I did make a mod, even 2 actually, but I abandoned them because they kept being broken from the constant updates.

This is how the conversation went. Guy asks what are brits best stock anti blob units. I suggest the centaur since itll be more effective without shrecks on volks (this was before it was moved to Spios). you respond that no centaur is easily countered by racketen and fausts. I say kite. you have a problem that i didnt setup a scenario for you? sorry mate. cant help you. I didnt quote you first, you quoted me
21 May 2016, 08:32 AM

This is how the conversation went. Guy asks what are brits best stock anti blob units. I suggest the centaur since itll be more effective without shrecks on volks (this was before it was moved to Spios). you respond that no centaur is easily countered by racketen and fausts. I say kite. you have a problem that i didnt setup a scenario for you? sorry mate. cant help you. I didnt quote you first, you quoted me

Actually, the guy stated that after this change to the Cromwell and generally all medium tanks, British anti-blob tools should be looked at, to which you agreed to, as do I, but the Centaur is not the only anti-blob unit(s) the British have, mortars are also nice, and a combination of a vet 1 garrisoned vickers and a Bofors are also solutions, albeit static, while I'm not so sure but the Centaur also doesn't have suppression so that, combined with the Volk's new found snare being the panzerfaust, while Storms having the Panzershreck, I'd say the Centaur would be in an even worse place than before faced against a blob, the only scenario where I see it actually winning without it getting snared or destroyed completely again a Panzershreck is when it's charging straight towards the lone unit/blob to move them around to prevent them from firing, and that's not even having the raketen or other (captured) AT guns added into the equation, especially on smaller maps which can means they could be moved around even more easily.

All in all I don't feel like arguing with you any more, once we start seeing more 1v1s after the patch goes live it will be obvious if Brit anti-blob tools will truly be needed to be looked at.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★