Login

russian armor

May 17th Update

18 May 2016, 14:42 PM

genuinely thought this was a joke and we were getting the big balance update. But look SKINS!
18 May 2016, 14:50 PM

genuinely thought this was a joke and we were getting the big balance update. But look SKINS!

Kyle said it was a minor patch...

Knowledge is power.
18 May 2016, 15:05 PM

Hey don't complain about free stuff even if it's advertising material, you can check the non historical camos in the options. Complain about the lack of balance changes, lack of bug fixes, useless commanders and lack of war spoils improvements.

It could be worst:

If only my IS-2 can run half as fast.
Also when will the balance patch come out?
18 May 2016, 15:37 PM

Thanks RitaRush for the lovely skins. Valkyria is a good game with the really beautiful CANVAS engine, certainly under-marketed by Sega. I dont really agree with the Soviets having the Gallian Skin, and the Germans the East Europa Empire. It is better the other way round cause Gallian tanks are modelled after panzers and the Imperials are Russian-inspired.....

Also, no optimisation?

The difficulty there is that Sega would have to admit that they made a WW2 game in which the Nazis were the scrappy good guys. So, not going to happen in our lifetimes.
18 May 2016, 15:58 PM
Lead Artist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 15:37 PMWygrif

The difficulty there is that Sega would have to admit that they made a WW2 game in which the Nazis were the scrappy good guys. So, not going to happen in our lifetimes.

This.

So please, guys, stop it already.
18 May 2016, 17:09 PM

Can't complain on free skins, but they don't look so good as the previous ones and seem so out of place. I'd love to see Relic accept more community made camos, but I'm afraid we'll get skins with anime girls in SS uniforms painted on them instead lol
18 May 2016, 17:24 PM

With this patch my game is unable to launch. is that a known bug?
18 May 2016, 17:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 14:50 PMKatitof

Kyle said it was a minor patch...

Knowledge is power.

that it is
18 May 2016, 19:28 PM

With this patch my game is unable to launch. is that a known bug?

Yeah, a lot of people have experienced the same issue.

Just saw this announcement in the Steam forums twenty minutes ago by a Relic developer:

For those having trouble - Hot Fix Impending

We are working on a hotfix.
We expect it to be deployed in a matter of hours (today at some point).

To rollback to a prior version while waiting:

Right click on company of heroes 2. Select properties, then the BETAS tab.
there should be a drop down menu. from the drop down select "beta"
close the dialog box, then log out and back into steam.
You should receive an update.

If it worked you should see something like Company of Heroes 2[beta] in your library
This will get you back to the previous version of the game.

You'll be able to play, but automatch won't match you with the rest of the playerbase and the new giveaway skins won't show up for you. Don't worry - you'll get the skins once we get the hotfix up.
18 May 2016, 19:45 PM

Guys the Gallian army is based on the french, not the germans.

The edelwiess has far more in common with the french ARL 44 then anything german. Not to mention the blue uniforms look super french.

19 May 2016, 00:59 AM

snip

It's also called Gallia. (c.f. Gaul, Gallic.) Still, I think that there are a lot more similarities between the Gallians and the Germans than the Gallians and the French.

As you say, the tank is called the Edelwiess (Symbol of Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS Gebirgsjäger.) The Gallian characters tend to have German names when they're identifiable (Gunter, Wulfstan, Kurt.) The Gallian commander uses the German "Von" in his name. The Gallian grenades look a hell of a lot more like German grenades than their Allied or Soviet counterparts. Then there's the fact that Gallia got stuck in the classic German strategic situation--hostile Anglo-Americans to the west, hostile Russians to the east.

25 May 2016, 10:03 AM

Guys the Gallian army is based on the french, not the germans.

The edelwiess has far more in common with the french ARL 44 then anything german. Not to mention the blue uniforms look super french.

If that 6 roadwheels doesnt give it away that it is a panzer 3 inspired chassis and the tiger 2 glacis plate... Well, post war french tanks are German-inspired from all the captured tech and assembled panthers from parts.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 00:59 AMWygrif

It's also called Gallia. (c.f. Gaul, Gallic.) Still, I think that there are a lot more similarities between the Gallians and the Germans than the Gallians and the French.

As you say, the tank is called the Edelwiess (Symbol of Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS Gebirgsjäger.) The Gallian characters tend to have German names when they're identifiable (Gunter, Wulfstan, Kurt.) The Gallian commander uses the German "Von" in his name. The Gallian grenades look a hell of a lot more like German grenades than their Allied or Soviet counterparts. Then there's the fact that Gallia got stuck in the classic German strategic situation--hostile Anglo-Americans to the west, hostile Russians to the east.

^^^

EDIT: Remove pictures
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight