Login

russian armor

Petition for my 60 bucks back

13 Jul 2013, 21:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 21:37 PMPorygon

then tell me, why you fucked up but not deserved to lose?

i can still lose for fucking up. it just doesnt guarantee you a victory because i fucked up. think of it like a scale. as one player fucks up, you add more weights to his side of the scale. this will eventually make him hit bottom and lose. but the other player could fuck up as well and then weights are added to his side. this creates a "balancing act" (HUEHUEHUE PUN) to determine who played better throughout the match, not just at one point or another.
13 Jul 2013, 22:02 PM

This isn't SimCity. COH2 actually works "out of the box". So, it could be worse. Besides, you had the opportunity to try it out in beta.
My only complaint is the lack of a game manual, printed or PDF. (The Prima on-line guide isn't worth the whole $20 they charge.)
13 Jul 2013, 22:23 PM

You don't get your money back just because you don't like the game. That's like asking for your money back because a movie wasn't to your taste.
13 Jul 2013, 22:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 21:29 PMPorygon
COH2 has too much "I fucked up, nvm, get this then I will be okay" stuff, especially Soviet

Too casual friendly, too forgivable

i don't see the problem with this, it keeps the action going. i don't like it when a player lose's an m8 early on and says gg immediately afterwords.....what's the fun in that?
13 Jul 2013, 23:09 PM

While I personally think this game is awesome, I can see you clearly were expecting something else.

criticising is fine. Asking for your money back is stupid (sorry can't think of another term).
14 Jul 2013, 01:04 AM

The pathing for both infantry and vehicle are still pain especially in winter maps, infantry tends to jump back during a march,

vehicle like rotates its arse left and right while giving it a reverse order, and vehicle are trying to find "cover" for itself, it's just annoying....

I don't remember in vCOH has these many unnecessary move.....hope they are working on it.
14 Jul 2013, 02:07 AM

After seeing this post I sincerely hope you bought Diablo 3 as well.
14 Jul 2013, 03:30 AM

Unfortunately you wont get you money back, but I understand your frustration.

And I dont know what were you thinking when you paid real currency for this, hmm game?!
14 Jul 2013, 03:36 AM

There are people who want/need to be the first to have something. These are the people who stand in line 3 days before the new iphone comes out, or a new Star Wars movie, etc. I guess it makes them cool.

So I choose to be uncool. But at least I still got my $60. Benefits of not being a teenager I guess and having learned from a few bad experiences.

I played the beta after getting a key from the FB like thing. I literally played 3 games and realized it wasn't for me. And believe me, i really, really, really wanted to like it. I started late with COH, so I wanted to be part of that first wave of the new game.

I heard a lot of pros on here complaining about the issues with the game. So I decided to follow along and not commit. Yet, every time a new patch was released, it was like flies flocking to shit. I get it. Many here have a vested interest in the new game. After all, we're called COH2.org. Good or bad, it's where the volume was going to be and you need volume for popularity, ad sales, etc. No issues, I'm American. Viva Capitalism.

The thing is, I don't have a lot of time. So if I'm going to play a game, I want it to be fun and challenging. COH2 doesn't do it for me, so I stick with COH, even with all the issues. I check back here almost daily, skimming a few posts, hoping to see a string of good news. But when I see a lot of COH pros going back or just not playing COH2, it doesn't give me a lot of hope.

Believe me $60 isn't an issue for me. But I'm not going to pay full price for it out of principle. Your buys count, and unfortunately everyone who just bought the game blindly didn't give Relic much push to get this game right. Balance issues aside, all the back end stuff like leader board, lobby, etc. I mean come on.

But it's all good. I do hope those who bought in continue to play and continue to give educated info back to the devs. If they get the game right, we all win. And those who bought in early should be rewarded, especially if they turn it around and deliver a long lasting game in the vein of COH. Doesn't seem fair that a bunch of us can stay on the sidelines and then join the fun at a discounted price. But I guess we'll never be part of the cool crowd : )
14 Jul 2013, 04:19 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2013, 03:36 AMwehrman
There are people who want/need to be the first to have something. These are the people who stand in line 3 days before the new iphone comes out, or a new Star Wars movie, etc. I guess it makes them cool.

So I choose to be uncool. But at least I still got my $60. Benefits of not being a teenager I guess and having learned from a few bad experiences.

I played the beta after getting a key from the FB like thing. I literally played 3 games and realized it wasn't for me. And believe me, i really, really, really wanted to like it. I started late with COH, so I wanted to be part of that first wave of the new game.

I heard a lot of pros on here complaining about the issues with the game. So I decided to follow along and not commit. Yet, every time a new patch was released, it was like flies flocking to shit. I get it. Many here have a vested interest in the new game. After all, we're called COH2.org. Good or bad, it's where the volume was going to be and you need volume for popularity, ad sales, etc. No issues, I'm American. Viva Capitalism.

The thing is, I don't have a lot of time. So if I'm going to play a game, I want it to be fun and challenging. COH2 doesn't do it for me, so I stick with COH, even with all the issues. I check back here almost daily, skimming a few posts, hoping to see a string of good news. But when I see a lot of COH pros going back or just not playing COH2, it doesn't give me a lot of hope.

Believe me $60 isn't an issue for me. But I'm not going to pay full price for it out of principle. Your buys count, and unfortunately everyone who just bought the game blindly didn't give Relic much push to get this game right. Balance issues aside, all the back end stuff like leader board, lobby, etc. I mean come on.

But it's all good. I do hope those who bought in continue to play and continue to give educated info back to the devs. If they get the game right, we all win. And those who bought in early should be rewarded, especially if they turn it around and deliver a long lasting game in the vein of COH. Doesn't seem fair that a bunch of us can stay on the sidelines and then join the fun at a discounted price. But I guess we'll never be part of the cool crowd : )

+1 This.

I did the same and cancelled my pre-order a few days into the closed Beta.
14 Jul 2013, 04:26 AM

I must agree with WarMonkey. I am really happy with the game. I don't think I would be able to go back to CoH1 now...
14 Jul 2013, 04:48 AM
Patrion 27

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 19:16 PMMugen
These entitlement posts are so funny. I remember when you would buy a game cartridge and there was no such thing as post-launch support. If you didn't like the game, there were no forums in which you could whine about it, and there were no Gameshops to trade it in. Also, I've dumped plenty of quarters into crap arcade cabinets. Either you enjoy the developers' vision and rulesets or you don't. I have countless games I won't finish or that I have tossed aside but I initially bought most games because I was interested in the product or premise. If a game failed my inner child's ADD, at least there was the hope that my money would help the company develop an improved sequel.

These days, I love when developers want to support their games and even offer additional content and patchwork. But with this entitlement attitude, you seem to imply that if you don't enjoy the entire game, the developing company should just fail and hand back everyone their precious monies. Please don't encourage the lemmings.

Don't get me wrong as I'm not attempting to troll you personally and I can sympathise with much of your thoughtful post, but I get depressed reading all of these defamatory and slanderous Headers and Posts. It only adds more fuel to the unfounded flamers out there.

If you want your money back, go work a few hours and earn it back. Regard your 60 as a small personal loss, yet a contribution to the community in good faith that the company will only improve. Instead think of all the money lost to the shit you put in your mouth. I don't get a picket sign out and demand McDonlds give me a refund every time my freedom fries are cold or I get the dire runs. I simply stop giving them more money and on the plus I stay regular. c'est la vie!

Best. First post. Ever.
14 Jul 2013, 17:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2013, 03:36 AMwehrman

+1 well said
14 Jul 2013, 17:50 PM

you know, 99% of this number are comp stomper schledt kind of players?
They paid for the game, there are part of the statistic, but most likely nobody care on this forum.
Relic is focusing on them, cos they are the majority, they paid the most and asking the less, the typical basic game hero. On the other hand, the dudes on this side of the hill are the good players, skilled, experienced, and they see the problems, the balance issues, and they are complaining.
I'm would somewhat think that relic would listen to these players but Sega is all about numbers, nothing else.
So im hoping relic will come true, and fix the coh1 server issues so we can enjoy our game and you guys can enjoy this wonderful, fantastic game: the coh2.

15 Jul 2013, 02:18 AM

I don't want my money back but it will take a fucking lot to get me to buy another Relic game. I don't care about 60 bucks but I just expected way more on release. By the time Relic fix/add all the multiplayer stuff no one will be playing the game.
15 Jul 2013, 06:46 AM

You don't get your money back just because you don't like the game. That's like asking for your money back because a movie wasn't to your taste.

Wow man, you can't be that obtuse as to miss the point of the post. He doesn't want his money back. He wants the game to freaking work. And even if the thread title were serious and not an attention grabbing gimmic meant to draw you into the thread (which it is, and btw also successfully got you to open the thread) he'd be asking for his money not because the game isn't to his taste, but because it's a facsimile of what it should be considering its being sold and advertised as a SEQUEL to COH 1 and yet doesn't have MANY of the features that came standard in that game such as ranked ladders, chat room, custom games, and random faction choice. On top of that he makes the point that the game doesn't even work properly in that p2p is flawed and constantly misses connections or arranges games with laggy results and the graphics slow and performance hitches. On top of all that it isn't balanced.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 853
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment