Login

russian armor

Give US Snipers!

17 May 2016, 14:46 PM

snipers are the worst thing existing in coh. sniperspam also ruined vcoh
17 May 2016, 14:54 PM

yeah l2p okw weeaboos
give the cancer faction number #1 a sniper, so its even more cancerous. YESSSS!
nee
17 May 2016, 17:09 PM

So what are the effective anti-sniper counters then? Can't name any? Oh yeah that's right cause their aren't any effective counters! My inability to dodge anti thank threats? ROFL yeah ok, with the massive damage of a panzerfaust AND engine critical damage, nice try. You're going to post and tell me that I need to l2play (yet I am lvl 13 in the 1v1 ladder) yet you give no constructive advice on how to effectively deal with snipers as US.

Everyone else that would like to respond, please give constructive advice on how to properly counter snipers other than saying L2play please.

Besides M20, simply attacking the sniper is a counter. Can't kill the sniper because of MGs and so forth? Then your problem isn't sniper, it's you got outplayed. Giving you US Sniper would never have won you that battle, because MG42 would have pinned your sniper, the Grenadiers would shoot him, or he gets run over by 222. Oh, but that MG42 would have pinned your Riflemen instead? Well that just confirms my point, it's about successfully apply combined arms.
17 May 2016, 17:33 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 17:09 PMnee
Besides M20, simply attacking the sniper is a counter. Can't kill the sniper because of MGs and so forth? Then your problem isn't sniper, it's you got outplayed.
Except sniper can influence troop movements. An MG alone does not force anyone to approach it, so walking into the arc could be considered lack of forethought or solid positioning by the Ostheer player. But every time a sniper shoots at the US player he has three options - either stay and eat the shots (manpower bleed), or try to move away (cede territory control) or follow the sniper and risk getting caught into an MG cone (retreat and lose field presence). It places the US player into a lose-lose situation and to try to pass it off as skill is highly disingenuous.

High reward, but no risk (at even remotely competent levels of play).

Now, sniping UKF or Sov players at least puts you at a risk of countersnipe.

Note that all of the above still doesn't mean I argue for giving a sniper unit to the US.

tl;dr: Baiting infantry with a sniper to an MG arc is not exactly the pinnacle of ingenuity. It is sniper usage for non-retards 101. Such outplay, many pro, very top of the ladder, wow.
17 May 2016, 18:47 PM

The only problem I have is how much health or whatever stats OST sniper has that makes them so durable. The other day I flanked an ost sniper do not think it was vetted maybe vet 1 at most with a full rifle squad. He immediately retreated and the sniper had to run right BESIDE my full rifle squad and he still survived. That is just dumb he should of been punished for being caught off guard by my rifles but more times than not the damn thing gets away with a sliver of health. Rifles also do shit dmg from far away so its hard to attack the sniper at range and it should be but come on the fucker had to retreat and run right by my full hp rifle squad and lived so they had like i dunno 5 - 10 seconds of time of all 5 firing at the sniper some shots at close range.

m20 counter is a huge risk with luchs and 222 coming out as fast as they do m20 field time is very limited and has a very small window to kill the sniper. I'm not even sure if you trade the m20 being killed for a sniper kill if that is even worth it maybe if they have two and you get both with it. I'd rather try to hold out for stuart and just let sniper bleed me.

UKF sniper is way too fragile I think or maybe it is in a good spot and more like how all snipers should be not with crazy body armor as he can be killed rather quickly if you let volks or grens fire at him.

I think the combination of how strong ost sniper is and 222 rush the way it has been buffed is a bit much.
17 May 2016, 19:00 PM

I know! That's why I mentioned that reinstating pre-nerf RE's (was it 16MP per model?) might give USF another avenue. (provided we are careful about which guns the REs have access to, and how many!).

This could be one way of weakening OST sniper dominance vs USF without adding more snipers to the game!

Reinforcement cost was 20. It was calculated with a 4 man sqauad regardless of vet.
160/2=80
80/4=20

I agree though, some cheap screening units could help USF early game.
17 May 2016, 20:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 18:47 PMRocket
The only problem I have is how much health or whatever stats OST sniper has that makes them so durable. The other day I flanked an ost sniper do not think it was vetted maybe vet 1 at most with a full rifle squad. He immediately retreated and the sniper had to run right BESIDE my full rifle squad and he still survived. That is just dumb he should of been punished for being caught off guard by my rifles but more times than not the damn thing gets away with a sliver of health. Rifles also do shit dmg from far away so its hard to attack the sniper at range and it should be but come on the fucker had to retreat and run right by my full hp rifle squad and lived so they had like i dunno 5 - 10 seconds of time of all 5 firing at the sniper some shots at close range.

m20 counter is a huge risk with luchs and 222 coming out as fast as they do m20 field time is very limited and has a very small window to kill the sniper. I'm not even sure if you trade the m20 being killed for a sniper kill if that is even worth it maybe if they have two and you get both with it. I'd rather try to hold out for stuart and just let sniper bleed me.

UKF sniper is way too fragile I think or maybe it is in a good spot and more like how all snipers should be not with crazy body armor as he can be killed rather quickly if you let volks or grens fire at him.

I think the combination of how strong ost sniper is and 222 rush the way it has been buffed is a bit much.

This. Since there's no reliable sniper counter for USF, as stated about, the sniper should be made of some glass.
17 May 2016, 22:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 20:56 PMGhostTX

This. Since there's no reliable sniper counter for USF, as stated about, the sniper should be made of some glass.

How about we make everyone happy, and remove snipers alltogether?
18 May 2016, 10:04 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 18:47 PMRocket

The ukf and oh snipers have identical health.
18 May 2016, 10:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 10:04 AMwouren

The ukf and oh snipers have identical health.

When your bias makes killing allied sniper faster than the axis one:megusta:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS