Login

russian armor

(May Balance Mod) Volks versus Pfussiliers

12 May 2016, 21:14 PM

Before Volks were for fighting tanks, and Pfussiliers were for fighting infantry at mid-short with some long range power too, plus they could snare tanks. Now Volks have a superior snare and an upgrade that makes them awesome at midrange. Pfussiliers still have a 6th man but otherwise they feel very similar now, almost redundant. I think. Is there a distinction that I'm overlooking?
12 May 2016, 21:19 PM

Yes, the scaling.
12 May 2016, 21:23 PM

Katitof, can you expand your ideas about scaling?
12 May 2016, 21:24 PM

Oh right, with all the revamps I forgot that Volks no longer have Super Vet. Though yeah I would be interested in learning more about how the scaling sets them apart.
12 May 2016, 21:47 PM

Katitof, can you expand your ideas about scaling?

Just go to the vet guide and you'll see why volks are meh at best in comparison to pfussies.
Pfussies G43s are better then volks STGs as well.

They're upgrade no matter which angle you look at them.
12 May 2016, 21:52 PM

Think of Pfussies as more flexible Penals, they have a large number of men, relatively low durability and insanely high accuracy gains with vet, if I remember correctly. Even going with a fussie core, you'll probably still need a few volks to lay sandbags, tank damage and screen later in the game, much like the relationship between cons and penals.
nee
12 May 2016, 22:17 PM

Basic rundown:

Similarities:
Both 7 popcap
Both light infantry
Both ideal to recrew weapons/ vehicles
Both can snare

DIfferences:
Volks: 250 MP
Panzerschrecl/ StGs
Passive heal at vet3

Panzerfuziliers: 290 MP
Volks: Panzerfusiliers: G43s + Flares
Passive sprint at vet5

They've always been a sort of Volks 2.0 to me, something you deploy and use alongside. The only real issue now is that their AT rifle grenade is a different hotkey than panzerfaust.
Panzerfusiliers' G43 upgrade make them better as scouts, plus their eventual
12 May 2016, 23:00 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2016, 22:17 PMnee
Basic rundown:

Similarities:
Both 7 popcap
Both light infantry
Both ideal to recrew weapons/ vehicles
Both can snare

DIfferences:
Volks: 250 MP
Panzerschrecl/ StGs
Passive heal at vet3

Panzerfuziliers: 290 MP
Volks: Panzerfusiliers: G43s + Flares
Passive sprint at vet5

They've always been a sort of Volks 2.0 to me, something you deploy and use alongside. The only real issue now is that their AT rifle grenade is a different hotkey than panzerfaust.
Panzerfusiliers' G43 upgrade make them better as scouts, plus their eventual

Pfusies also get much superior sight range with their g43 package.
13 May 2016, 01:00 AM

Pfusies also get much superior sight range with their g43 package.

This and with Flare they are fantastic at accompanying the JT in late game. I actually think it melds together too well. Personally Id remove the flare for something, maybe a small, quick cheap AT mine that does minimal damage but light snare.
13 May 2016, 02:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2016, 01:00 AMGumboot

This and with Flare they are fantastic at accompanying the JT in late game. I actually think it melds together too well. Personally Id remove the flare for something, maybe a small, quick cheap AT mine that does minimal damage but light snare.

No, flare is very important. Flare + JT can win games vs Sim city.
13 May 2016, 03:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 May 2016, 22:17 PMnee
The only real issue now is that their AT rifle grenade is a different hotkey than panzerfaust.

Yes man. So I'm not the only one squinting at the tiny text to see if its an E or an F obscured by part of the icon. Whoever instigated that was a fool, a proper fool.
13 May 2016, 03:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2016, 02:43 AMHitman5

No, flare is very important. Flare + JT can win games vs Sim city.

Then the passive sight increase from g43 needs to be removed and drop the cost a small amount.

It is to much late game advantage to have both. One team game I played I specifically tried JT, InfraHT and G43 passive sight on 2 units and achieved +90k damage on the JT alone on allied armour.

Essentially I was able to 1v3 with just a single JT. I did not have any other armour or AT besides a single shrek and 4 Stukas (Was also testing them with InfraHT and managed 249 infantry kills, interesting but not relevant).
13 May 2016, 03:51 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2016, 03:48 AMGumboot

Then the passive sight increase from g43 needs to be removed and drop the cost a small amount.

It is to much late game advantage to have both. One team game I played I specifically tried JT, InfraHT and G43 passive sight on 2 units and achieved +90k damage on the JT alone on allied armour.

Essentially I was able to 1v3 with just a single JT. I did not have any other armour or AT besides a single shrek and 4 Stukas (Was also testing them with InfraHT and managed 249 infantry kills, interesting but not relevant).

So you were you playing in an ICU unit against comatose people on life support?
13 May 2016, 04:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 May 2016, 03:51 AMRappy

So you were you playing in an ICU unit against comatose people on life support?

Pretty much :)

3x UFK sim city and a Tier 2 MG/Zis wall. Prime targets for multiple Stukas with InraHT spotting.

Not wanting to get to far off topic (which i probably did) both the flare and passive sight in conjunction with the JT are too lethal a combo late game.
13 May 2016, 07:03 AM

Make no mistake, G43 fusiliers are better at fighting infantry than STG Volks, that's for sure and it's easy to notice even "on the field" while using them. Of course, a combo between these 2 units in balance patch preview will make any allied infantry look almost ridiculous.
13 May 2016, 09:37 AM
Donator 11

This doctrine is not OP, pzfusis are ok as they are just becouse through most of the match they are the only usefull and not situational ability of this commander.
13 May 2016, 10:28 AM
Donator 22

I really like Panzerfüsiliere. G43 with more sight, vet1 flares, vet2 more grenade and flare range and vet5 sprint. Snare when needed. Overall solid
13 May 2016, 10:52 AM

Before Volks were for fighting tanks, and Pfussiliers were for fighting infantry at mid-short with some long range power too, plus they could snare tanks. Now Volks have a superior snare and an upgrade that makes them awesome at midrange. Pfussiliers still have a 6th man but otherwise they feel very similar now, almost redundant. I think. Is there a distinction that I'm overlooking?

On paper, volk STGs arnt that great of a buff and are outclassed by PF G43s in Long and close DPS.

Volk Have
  • Better Recieved Acc bonuses
  • Better Snare
  • Cheaper

PFs have
  • Better DPS
  • More squad Health, but easier to hit
  • Better Recon
  • An explody grenade

13 May 2016, 10:57 AM

Dont forget the massive vision range of a vet 5 p fus, and perma sprint.
13 May 2016, 10:58 AM

Volks are not outclassed in general. Even if you go heavy fusiliers strat, you still need 1-2 volks squad. Not because of damage but because of their abilities.

Fusiliers nade still suck ballz and cant usually kill shit even outside garrison, not speaking about garrisoned units. Fusiliers AT nade still bugged and suck ballz and usually wont even hit a target for some reason.

Fusiliers are mainline AI unit, thats it. And they are really really good as main line unit. Sadly commander with them minda meh. I wound rather see inf based commander without jaghttiger.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★