Login

russian armor

Just some fun ideas

12 May 2016, 01:01 AM

I've been toying around with ideas and I got a few good ones that I thought would make the game more interesting.

sovietssoviets Ideas
------------------------------------------------

Kursk Dug in Tanks:

This was one of the more defensive moments of the Soviet army and one of the more radical but effective ideas at the time was burying a T34 tank with only the turret sticking out. If implemented, I imagine that the T-34 would no longer be able to drive and is forever lost as an immobile defense piece

Benefits

- A huge decrease in size in order to act as a reduction in accuracy (ideal state would be AT guns struggling to accurately snipe at max distance)
- Ideal for defensive purposes and is a turreted weapon that can answer both AI and AT (although T-34/76 guns are not very effective at the job.

Cons

- Loss of mobility, forever!
- Enemies can drop artillery on it
- Enemies can go around it

ostheerostheerIdeas

Weapon Towing:

A lot of heavier weapon crew items are carried by halftracks and other vehicles through chains and such. This meant greater mobilization. In the game I could see it as a mobility skill that allows slow weapon crews to better maneuver over larger terrain

Benefits

- Your weapon crews can use vehicles to get around!

Cons

- Towed to a car, can't shoot while so
- If the vehicle blows up, it will likely suffer an ill fate as well

UNIVERSAL ideas

Squad Size Loadouts:

This one can be technically tricky to balance but when I first heard the game had a loadout system, I imagined it to be a custom army modifier. Stuff like how big of a squad you want your infantry!You trade off certain opportunities in order to alter the properties of your squad, etc.

In practice it would be stuff like:
Choose how many models in a squad, but be careful since the number you include means how costly they are! Or maybe even the guns they are equipped! Oversized squads will even have models that are unarmed until it had exhausted the armed ones first!

Customize your tanks with different guns and parts to a certain degree to get a certain edge to a build you desire! Cheap tanks? T34/76 or even smaller guns! Reliable sorts? IS-2 with better armor in exchange for a smaller gun, etc.

Gun drops are less unpredictable!:

This was what I thought would make CoH2 more competitive based (although honestly RNG is still a competitive element but a lot of people think RNG is not part of competitive definition). What I had in mind is that to further the game's habit of punishing squad wipes, all weapon drops should be based on the wipes rather than a random flop of a model. This way, players are encouraged to wipe squads and protect their own. This also makes it more easier to make earlier undroppable weapons a possible option. Say, for example, conscript assault package will be something that will possibly be left behind, although squads with STG44 or other reasons might turn their nose at the offer. Strategies can be orientated around this game mechanic, where certain squads that are strong may find themselves subject to being hunted for that sweet weapon drop, etc. It's not a very developed idea but I personally find it very promising!

Here's all I had in mind at the moment. Let me know if anything sounds interesting.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★