Login

russian armor

Nerf the building cover?

13 Jul 2013, 04:21 AM

I think it's too tough and too lame......
13 Jul 2013, 05:06 AM

tbh i really dont mind the buff buildings have. i know alot of people want the nerfed badly but all flame weapons are brutal to units inside buildings. also, russians have satchel charges and demos to destroy houses so they cant be used at all (underused). give german pios demos and buildings will feel more like strategic battle points rather than i'm gonna sit here so my unit doesnt die.

buildings are there to negative suppression and small arms fire. they do nothing for mortars, flames, explosives, or tanks ramming the building (although i know right now most grenades dont always do enough damage to garrisoned units, with the exception of the molotov. so maybe that one aspect should be looked at).

in addition, most buildings are designed and placed in such a way so that they have blind spots and cannot cover two areas at once, making flanks very good
13 Jul 2013, 06:07 AM

Permanently Banned
If buildings arent nerfed, then atleast Ost needs earlygame help vs them.
13 Jul 2013, 06:13 AM

no, flame weapon have no bonus modifier vs. building, either does grenade, which is stupid
13 Jul 2013, 06:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 06:13 AMUGBEAR
no, flame weapon have no bonus modifier vs. building, either does grenade, which is stupid

how so on the flames? flames ignore armor and cover, and the building is nothing more than 3x green cover for the squads inside...

thats what i remember the devs saying at least :/
13 Jul 2013, 08:20 AM

relic devs said the building cover in real life did provide much greater protection to troops that are inside , which is true i guess
and its not like u re unable to remove from buildings , imo but snipers should take care of troops inside easier , similar to vcoh
thats just my opinion
13 Jul 2013, 08:29 AM

relic devs said the building cover in real life did provide much greater protection to troops that are inside , which is true i guess
and its not like u re unable to remove from buildings , imo but snipers should take care of troops inside easier , similar to vcoh
thats just my opinion

Then buff nades vs buildings to CoH1 level damn it

In fact, Snipers takes age to clear buildings, they just have 50% accuracy
13 Jul 2013, 08:31 AM

Permanently Banned

how so on the flames? flames ignore armor and cover, and the building is nothing more than 3x green cover for the squads inside...

This. Flame bypasses cover, and therefore negates buildings.
UGBEAR, you aren't making sense.
13 Jul 2013, 08:32 AM

thats just my opinion

oh, since when this game have in "real life?"
13 Jul 2013, 10:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 08:32 AMUGBEAR

oh, since when this game have in "real life?"

I guess u see this game as fantasy , and from now to further on i wont argue with you cuz u dont see that game is realistic , but still needs balance and devs i guess tried to keep as much realism as possible but still making the game function which is quite hard you know cuz its unique RTS, this is not Call of Duty
13 Jul 2013, 11:51 AM

I guess u see this game as fantasy , and from now to further on i wont argue with you cuz u dont see that game is realistic , but still needs balance and devs i guess tried to keep as much realism as possible but still making the game function which is quite hard you know cuz its unique RTS, this is not Call of Duty

T-34/76 bounce off Stug and Panzer IV rear armor is not fantasy? T-34/85 lose to a PZIV every game is not a fantasy? Tigers rear has more than twice armor then the T-34/85 and T-34/76 's frontal armor are not fantasy? Tanks maxim main gun range is below 100m is not fantasy?

Infantry shooting each other using automatic weapon at point blank range and still took years to kill one is not fantasy?

GG for your real life is too fantasy Mr fanboy
13 Jul 2013, 12:00 PM

somethimes even 2 molotovs arent enough to kill one mg squad inside ... lol balanced
13 Jul 2013, 12:09 PM

thats what i remember the devs saying at least :/

IIRC, explosives and mortars have a damage bonus vs. structure in vCOH, ppl found out the building were too tough since alpha, the flamer ignores the armor and cover yes, but no damage modifier vs. structure in COH2.........

I just don't want to see the game like everyone rush to the crucial building and then became literately invincible until the flamer arrives, and in COH2, pio/engineer with flamers ofen dies by explosion of the gas tank with out pass it to another squad member, which makes the flamer weapon very risky against buildings( flamer M3 not included)

and.............. grenade seems do minor damage against buildings as well, camping in building with nearly no risks in early game is just silly.......
13 Jul 2013, 14:42 PM

somethimes even 2 molotovs arent enough to kill one mg squad inside ... lol balanced

one molotov will almost always kill my mg squad in a house UNLESS i get out. flames are an aoe dot with seemingly high crit chance. so yes sometimes the flames dont work perfectly.

@UGBEAR i totally get what you mean with the flamer explosion making it too risky. basically what we need is a negative cover modifier for troops in buildings when taking flame or explosive damage (aka red cover when taking those forms of damage). because i still think sniper and small arms fire should be very weak to buildings.

another interesting idea though: make it to where if you move your units right next to the house, the units inside only have the equal of yellow cover (for taking damage ONLY from the units right next to the house). i only thought of this since the devs mentioned that cover bonuses do not apply when in "close" or point blank range (mentioned on dev twitch stream)
13 Jul 2013, 14:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 11:51 AMUGBEAR

T-34/76 bounce off Stug and Panzer IV rear armor is not fantasy? T-34/85 lose to a PZIV every game is not a fantasy? Tigers rear has more than twice armor then the T-34/85 and T-34/76 's frontal armor are not fantasy? Tanks maxim main gun range is below 100m is not fantasy?

Infantry shooting each other using automatic weapon at point blank range and still took years to kill one is not fantasy?

GG for your real life is too fantasy Mr fanboy

Hahahaha i wonder why u play video games Mr Realistic... i rly do... I just got no comment on ur post since u dont read anything u just answer blindly... THIS IS A GAME! its not real life... try not to mix that 2 up hotshot
13 Jul 2013, 20:34 PM

Hahahaha i wonder why u play video games Mr Realistic... i rly do... I just got no comment on ur post since u dont read anything u just answer blindly... THIS IS A GAME! its not real life... try not to mix that 2 up hotshot

oh, now you admit "THIS IS A GAME", your logic serves you well....self conflict.
13 Jul 2013, 20:37 PM
Honorary Member Badge

this argument is old and stupid.

"I think it's too tough and too lame......"

also saying this ^ doesn't help your cause...
13 Jul 2013, 20:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jul 2013, 20:34 PMUGBEAR

oh, now you admit "THIS IS A GAME", your logic serves you well....self conflict.

I never said this wasnt a game, but u seem to disregard that fact cuz u want realism>balance and expect game to work
Since its not that way, they try to keep as much realism as possible on all the small stuff
Maybe T-34 cant beat panzer4 as it was, but soldiers sure have more protection in buildings than in any kind of cover on field(but remember if there are only 4 windows on house, that means less dmg output)
Comprende?
13 Jul 2013, 22:02 PM

Building combat was perfect in Coh. Why did something not broken have to be "fixed"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight