Login

russian armor

Schrecks back to Volx- But limit them

6 May 2016, 20:01 PM

Not sure if someone already had this idea...
Just limit the number of volx who can be equipped with a schreck...

e.g only 2 volx can be equipped with schrecks...or double schrecks(maybe)

Imho...schrecks on sturms are just....
They already have a ton of abilites(flamer, minessweeper, pio stuff etc...)

The best way would be to add a tank hunter team....
(take the ost storms with a schreck, maybe double schrecks like in coh1)

->or add this tank hunter team

btw plural of schreck in engl: schreck, schrecks or schrecken? ^^
6 May 2016, 20:40 PM

schrecks

i also prefer the schrek on the sturmpio squad - i feel like mid game they lose their combat effectiveness anyway once rifles are vetted, in greater numbers, and have bars etc.

giving them schreks will help them support your army all game long, and allow them to get tonnes of vet to unlock more support abilities

Example:

Vet 2:-30% weapon cooldown, -23% received accuracy +33% repair rate
Vet 4: -23% received accuracy, +20% accuracy
Vet 5: No longer takes extra damage while repairing, +40% accuracy

+60% accuracy means super accurate Schrek shots late game. They also receive less damage and are turned into repairing beasts. How often do you ever see Vet5 Sturms? I think the schrecks are good on them.
6 May 2016, 20:48 PM

to limit some sort of things is always annoying.

Remove from folks, i don't even want them back. Man you had to fight mostly with 4 K98k 1 schreck vet 3 rifle terminator blobs. So leave them with some sort of anti infantry upgrade to deal a bit easier with this.

I am also in a nice feel with the mod preview gameplay.
6 May 2016, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2016, 20:40 PMNosliw
schrecks

i also prefer the schrek on the sturmpio squad - i feel like mid game they lose their combat effectiveness anyway once rifles are vetted, in greater numbers, and have bars etc.

giving them schreks will help them support your army all game long, and allow them to get tonnes of vet to unlock more support abilities

Example:

Vet 2:-30% weapon cooldown, -23% received accuracy +33% repair rate
Vet 4: -23% received accuracy, +20% accuracy
Vet 5: No longer takes extra damage while repairing, +40% accuracy

+60% accuracy means super accurate Schrek shots late game. They also receive less damage and are turned into repairing beasts. How often do you ever see Vet5 Sturms? I think the schrecks are good on them.

+1

Sturmpios are really only good troops in the early and early midgame since they don't scale well with vet unless you go for Fuersturm doctrine. Giving them the shrek would kill two birds with 1 stone, you give OKW the AT support it needs without it getting spammed, and you give sturmpioneers a more valuable role in the mid-late game other than repair squads.
nee
7 May 2016, 13:20 PM

Sturms with Panzerschreck is definitely preferable since you either had to choose to repair stuff or risk them in combat against vehicles.
Only real problem now is that it just makes them that much closer to Ostheer. Plus Sturmpioniers are very bloated in abilities you'd likely never use.Sure you might now actually have a chance to use concussive grenade since they can finally get a way to go vet4, but no one will drop medkits or even salvage since the unit is so important for other roles.

Limiting them to just two regardless of match size is just...dumb.
7 May 2016, 14:42 PM

I think shrecks could still work on volks except they should be locked behind a tech upgrade at hq to make them less accessible early. Also a small range decrease to allow tanks to kite them more effectively would help too.
7 May 2016, 14:49 PM

+1

Sturmpios are really only good troops in the early and early midgame since they don't scale well with vet unless you go for Fuersturm doctrine. Giving them the shrek would kill two birds with 1 stone, you give OKW the AT support it needs without it getting spammed, and you give sturmpioneers a more valuable role in the mid-late game other than repair squads.

It would have a similar role as the Panzergrenadiers, but I think it will reduce the amount of Volksgrenadiers of the field while the Sturmpios can actually reach Vet 5 that doesn't include mass murdering a bunch of infantry.
7 May 2016, 19:15 PM

"Limiting them to just two regardless of match size is just...dumb."-nee

Lul...yeah it isnt the best solution. Relic should keep the volx imo how they are...with schrecks...I dont get the argument:"Eh the volx blob is so annoying" Blobbing is annoying in general. You have to change the players, not the volx...

Adding a penalty(stackingpenalty) when e.g 4 squads are too close to another "could" be another idea..

"Sturmpios are really only good troops in the early and early midgame since they don't scale well.."- Aerohank

I dont think that every unit has to scale well in the late game...

"Sturms with Panzerschreck is definitely preferable since you either had to choose to repair stuff or risk them in combat against vehicles."-nee

I dont feel good with with a schreck on them... As i said i think its too much for a single unit..

Mhm...perhaps ur right guys....schrecks on sturms "could" work out quite well..Maybe with the same mechanics like on the minesweeper(able to pack away)...

Yeah i multiquote next time;)
8 May 2016, 11:44 AM

Allies have to flank to reliably kill shit like elefant, jagdtiger and KT. Flanking is impossible when EVERY OKW player has a blob of shreck spam as a screen

It's been bullshit since day 1. Glad it's going away.
8 May 2016, 11:51 AM

"Shreck back to volks" he said, hahaha. Not as I didn't foresee this....

The new OKW is catchy, gives you al the possibilities and combos you can think off, has sturdy and nicely balanced units (balanced = balance between performance and weaknesses, not balanced from game point of view!!), it's simply the perfect faction in a game with most imperfect factions. Therefore the actual status won't be maintained. The irony.
8 May 2016, 11:55 AM

can someone count the threads about volx shreks?

i would be really interested
9 May 2016, 23:11 PM

Does anybody know if you can equip sturms with the doctrinal flamethrower and the shreck at the same time?
9 May 2016, 23:12 PM

Does anybody know if you can equip sturms with the doctrinal flamethrower and the shreck at the same time from the balance mod preview?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★