Login

russian armor

Relic: Week 1 Update to the Balance Mod

PAGES (10)down
9 May 2016, 02:45 AM

I think that sturmpios with shreks are fine, but Relic need to tune some things:
1. Do not allow minsweeper and shrek in one squad. Why? Cause flanking with shreks will be so much easier - shreks will help with bunkers, sweeper will help with mines. So, Allies will stuck with only one counter - units. This is not good.

Paying 300 MP 9 Pop cap for a minesweeper squad is ridiculous. A better solution is to make the minesweeper swap with panzerschreck so only one can be active. But I don't see why it's an issue at all. Just whining.
9 May 2016, 13:14 PM

The things are quite complicated, I have to admit.

Virtually, a buffed raketen + faust combo should be enough for OKW's early game, stimulating also mine play IF shrecks not available. Tried this before shrecks for SPs where introduced.

Then, SP shrecks appeared and, as OKW, you have a quite big dilema. Let me explain:

Knowing that allied can spam light / medium tanks pretty fast and in sufficient numbers, you are tempted to have a good AT solution right from the first 7 minutes. Now here comes the difficulty:
- if you spam SPs and give them shrecks, that will be a fragile strategy, I personally tested this and SPs are not as survivable and spamable as volks. You may be overwhelmed by infantery and forced to retreat to often if you have an intelligent opponent - shrecked sturms are not that good vs infantry, no matter what anyone will say. You will gradualy lose map while hurting your finger pushin squad reinforcement key.
- if you want everything, meaning volks with stgs, faust use, SPs with shrecks, and so on, you will discover that your amo income will not be suited for that, so you will have to chose on what you will focus. Virtually, you have to decide if you want some strong volks or some AT SPs. You can't have both and make it count.

So at the end, Allied players should not be to concerned about shrecks on SPs after all. Surprisingly, I find it harder to use this OKW with shrecks on SPs than the previous OKW without this feature.
9 May 2016, 17:36 PM

The things are quite complicated, I have to admit.

Virtually, a buffed raketen + faust combo should be enough for OKW's early game, stimulating also mine play IF shrecks not available. Tried this before shrecks for SPs where introduced.

Then, SP shrecks appeared and, as OKW, you have a quite big dilema. Let me explain:

Knowing that allied can spam light / medium tanks pretty fast and in sufficient numbers, you are tempted to have a good AT solution right from the first 7 minutes. Now here comes the difficulty:
- if you spam SPs and give them shrecks, that will be a fragile strategy, I personally tested this and SPs are not as survivable and spamable as volks. You may be overwhelmed by infantery and forced to retreat to often if you have an intelligent opponent - shrecked sturms are not that good vs infantry, no matter what anyone will say. You will gradualy lose map while hurting your finger pushin squad reinforcement key.
- if you want everything, meaning volks with stgs, faust use, SPs with shrecks, and so on, you will discover that your amo income will not be suited for that, so you will have to chose on what you will focus. Virtually, you have to decide if you want some strong volks or some AT SPs. You can't have both and make it count.

So at the end, Allied players should not be to concerned about shrecks on SPs after all. Surprisingly, I find it harder to use this OKW with shrecks on SPs than the previous OKW without this feature.

they recieived so much combined arms in this patch preview tho... how can ppl let this go un noticed. #1reketn werfer more range. they didnt lose shreks they have them with #2sturms now. and volks got a new #3snare nade and #4stg 44s... then they start with #5mgs now. thats sooo much added to there arsenal... how can this be ok when no other army added combined arms at this rate. so shreks was a problem and it still will be on top of worrying about snare now, mgs, a better atgun, main troops with high anti inf dmg...
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 25
Peru 19
unknown 7
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L