Login

russian armor

Tips against ostheer in 1v1

5 May 2016, 01:49 AM

I have been playing quite lots of 4v4 and I found out it's hard to win without good team coordination. So I tried 1v1 with Soviets and found out personal decision made larger impact. Currently I'm having problems with ostheer grenadiers when they have their lmg upgrades and their snipers.
aaa
5 May 2016, 03:41 AM

I can upload the last game That i won.
What i do:
Vs sniper veto open maps - langres, etc. Use mine and flares a lot. Vs lmg dont fight at long range, and dont close distqnce if they can shot.
1mg, 3 cons, 1 guards, 1 120mm mortar. Into zis or t70 or t3485 depending on how games develops.

OH have cheap unit unlock and more units early-mid but overall their units are worse. Infantry overall, lights, doc mediums are worse.
But Some units are totaly better like oh sniper.
5 May 2016, 03:54 AM

That will be nice since its hard to find top players SU vs OST replay
5 May 2016, 19:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 01:49 AMWoofs
I have been playing quite lots of 4v4 and I found out it's hard to win without good team coordination. So I tried 1v1 with Soviets and found out personal decision made larger impact. Currently I'm having problems with ostheer grenadiers when they have their lmg upgrades and their snipers.

The soviet is not really desgined around having the best unit's, but has other means of defeating the opponent. LMG grens will bassicly always win versus your conscripts, So a head on infantry war you're never going to win.

Therefore try to whidle down your opponent by making use of other units and ability's. If you manage to kill 2 squad models of a gren squad, your conscrips will be able to chase them off the field. Mortars, mines, maxim machine guns are ways of doing this.

Guards with lmg upgrades are a viable alternative vs grenadiers, but ofcourse this forces you to lock in your docterine choice.

Ostheer sniper's are quite diffecult to deal with, one way of countering is building tier 1 and making a sniper yourself. But this is a heavy investment and very risky since you will miss the AT guns from tier 2. The best thing you could try is getting a flank of on your opponent and catching the sniper on retreat (a t-70 is perfect for this).

Another thing you have to realize is that your opponent invested 360 MP into a single unit, that can't engage by itself or cap terretory. Try to punish this by putting alot of pressure on your opponent and getting as much map control as you can.
aaa
6 May 2016, 01:18 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2016, 03:54 AMWoofs
That will be nice since its hard to find top players SU vs OST replay

6 May 2016, 18:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 May 2016, 01:18 AMaaa

I am not a top player by any stretch of the imagination, (but I was top 50 all factions easily) but on my current internet connection I disconnect a dozen times per game on average, leading to me losing to very funny people.
Just saying since I seem to get prideposted by said funny people...
9 May 2016, 09:16 AM

Fast T70 being a good counter to extensive use of LMG grenadiers. Just be careful of not being trapped by faust/222 or faust/pak.
I play a bit more Soviet lately and I'm around your level with them on 1vs1 and definitively Ostheer players around that level are not that good enough to manage sniper, with a good coordination of your units you shouldn't have difficulty to take it off. I usually go T1, almost never build T2 so I keep a good mobility, this may also help :D

What I find funny early game is to lure grenadiers into using extensively faust on an early M3 (that you manage to keep alive between faust shots) so its delay their LMG upgrade by a minute or so.

Otherwise, vs Ostheer, as usual you must combine your units and flank. I think you should post a replay so we can nail what you're doing wrong and help your correcting it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 92
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment